PDA

View Full Version : Positive Energy needed

Seabreeze0197
July 8th, 2003, 02:07 PM
Well, I guess I'm asking for whomever is willing, to send positive energy my way to help me on my journey. I'm trying to find my way into this world that I KNOW I belong. I'm having trouble finding the "right" path into the home of Paganism. I know that I know that this is where I belong, I'm just feeling bogged down, for lack of a better term, by knowing what the next step is. Understanding the history, rituals, celebrations...there seem to be so many and so much to learn!! I've read 3 different books and done much "research" on the web and was even sent to you, the MysticWicks community. So, what is the next step for me? And not just me, my family? My daughter is very much like me and loves everything about this history, even though she's far to young to make any sort of decision~she's 6. My husband is, what I suppose is the easiest way to describe him, Christian. He does not believe in organized religion but does believe in Jesus Christ. He's supportive of my beliefs and choices, but I know it's difficult for him. He was raised very much Catholic and like all Christians, including myself, was raised to believe that Pagan was devil worship. While he's no longer willing to follow that, he isn't ready to look past the organized religion part. I feel that this is so much more though! Yes, there are beliefs and rituals that are pretty much basic, but for the most part, it's so much a part of each persons individual self. My sister-in-law made me a wall hanging that says, "To dream of the person you could be is to waste the person you are." And I'm trying to do both. I'm striving to be the person I know I want and can be, and yet I'm struggling to realize the person I am at the same time! WOW!! I think I need A LOT of positive energy sent my way!! :rolleyes: Please help me find my right path! Or even the first step towards that path! :) Thank you, everyone!! I know that just reading this will help!
Blessed be.

sianand_flidais
July 8th, 2003, 02:41 PM
There are so many paths and traditions, it can really be quite confusing, I know and I sympathise. Don't get to bogged down in looking for the right one though, when you find it you will know. Books, the internet and other people are all useful tools, but that's all they are. Don't be afraid to experiment a bit, and don't forget nothing is set in stone.
It is good that you're partner is supportive, and I can understand why this must be hard for him. I was raised in a very roman catholic family, and they weren't entrirley happy when I turned away from their faith, but they understood I needed to make my own decisions and now that they've spoken to me a bit more about what I believe, and have seen for themselves that there is no harm in what I do, they are very happy for me.
I hope all goes well for you, and I'm sending posotive energy in abundance!

*hugs*
sianand

mol
July 8th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Energy sent...hopefully you will find the understanding that you need.

Old Witch
July 8th, 2003, 04:12 PM
You have the energy from me.......

Seabreeze0197
July 8th, 2003, 10:05 PM
sianand, mol and witch, THANK YOU!! To all of you who read my post and sent your positive energy anonymously, I thank you!! While my journey is still long ahead, I found a friend whom I've known for a couple of years socially and it turns out she's a Pagan as well!! I felt it was the right thing to do in emailing her and just asking. I've been "bumping into" her a lot lately and it just felt right! I know this was divine intervention and your positive energy at it's best!! I'm on my way. Thank you again!!