PDA

View Full Version : Washington Pagans

Ceallach
July 9th, 2003, 02:07 PM
Hello all who live in Washington or surrounding areas. I had noticed in the intro section that there were quite a lot of us from the Northwest out there. I live in Everett, have all my life. I was hoping we could all get to know one another and hopefully bring connections to those who have no one to talk to in their area. I am a solitary myself, and would love to be able to chat with neighbors.

I am a wife and mother. I study candle magick, tarot, numerology, history of the Goddesses, and more. There are quite a lot of pagans that frequent the Magickal Gardens shop by my house, which I quite enjoy shopping at.

So come in, say hi and mention a little about yourself if you want. Do you know if there are pagans in your area? Any specialty shops?

Hope to meet everyone soon!
Bright Blessings!

:chattin:

Lady Tana
July 9th, 2003, 02:19 PM
*waves at Ceallach*
Hiya... im just down I5 in Redmond... about me... well I live in Redmond and I DONT work for microsloth (heehee). Im a mommy of 2 kids 1 cat and lots of fish. not a wife per say but may as well be after 12 years of putting up with him..hahah
solitary here too
lots of reading and online stuff (like TRYING to learn tarot..*sigh*)

Ceallach
July 9th, 2003, 02:29 PM
microsloth... hehehe :lol:

Never heard it termed like that! We're practically neighbors...I go to Bellevue quite a lot. I have three cats. They are brats, but like my children ( 2 boys ages 2 and 6) I must put up with them! You get to deal with all the microsloths, in my area its the Boeing meanies. My dad just got laid off after 15 years. Sad. Anyway.. are there any cool shops in your area? Always looking for new places to shop...my hubby hates it!

you may as well be married... common-law at least!

Talk to you soon!

:wave:

Lady Tana
July 9th, 2003, 02:36 PM
heehe common-law indeed!

no good shops down here in yuppie-ville!! evil evil micro-slothians make life hell sometimes... heheeheheheh

best ones i have found are downtown seattle but i dont go there cuz its scary!! http://mysticwicks.com/images/smilies2/gros_yeux_tristes.gifhttp://mysticwicks.com/images/smilies/shudder.gif
(driving is scary!! in seattle)

Ryhla
July 9th, 2003, 05:03 PM
I'm just over the hill from you guys. I'm in (of all places...)Ellensburg :eyebro: . That's a couple of hours in a drive. But unfortunately, no decent shops of any sort without driving for a minimum of 40 minutes. Ellensburg on a good day has about 6000 people. But on occasion, I do get back to my hometown in Idaho.

Lady Tana
July 9th, 2003, 06:22 PM
woohoo Ellensburg.... i like it there... where in idaho? my honey used to live there in Coeur D'Alene

Ceallach
July 9th, 2003, 10:14 PM
Hey Lady Tana,
Should you ever get into Everett.. check out Magickal Gardens in the Everett Mall and Moonflower Magicks in the downtown area. Very good stuff. I love spending all my money there. Only thing is fighting thru the throngs of teenage girls giggling over the merchandise. :geez:

Bright Blessings

:bouncybob

Williwaw
July 9th, 2003, 10:23 PM
My dh is from Spokane, and I lived there for about 4 years. We were married in Coeur D'Alene. We would really like to move back to Spokane or even Seattle as we also spent about 3 years at Fort Lewis and really love the area. It sure beats Fairbanks, Alaska, I love Alaska and I'm from Anchorage, Alaska but Fairbanks.... :sick: There is NOTHING up here. No Pagan/occult shops within 400 miles of us.

Gina

Lady Tana
July 9th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Ceallach: been to magickal gardens... pushed my way thru said silly teenage girls..hahaha havent been to moonflower magicks.. where downtown?

Williwaw: come for a visit! sorry there's no shops close to you but i would still love to visit Alaska someday :) my moms bf is from there

Williwaw
July 10th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Ceallach: been to magickal gardens... pushed my way thru said silly teenage girls..hahaha havent been to moonflower magicks.. where downtown?

Williwaw: come for a visit! sorry there's no shops close to you but i would still love to visit Alaska someday :) my moms bf is from there

Alaska is great to visit, and Anchorage is a cool place to live too, but Fairbanks is really lacking. I'd love to go back and visit WA state, but I just started a new job 2 months ago, so I am stuck for awhile anyway. Maybe we will make in down to WA next summer. :eyebro: Oh how I miss Steilacoom where we used to live.....

Gina

Ceallach
July 10th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Williwaw, I went to Fairbanks last winter... you're right its empty of everything. my brother and his family live there. boring! at least you have this site to get in all your visiting!!

Lady Tana.. Moonflower magick is near Hewitt onramp to the Highway 2 trestle.

Ryhla
July 10th, 2003, 07:31 PM
woohoo Ellensburg.... i like it there... where in idaho? my honey used to live there in Coeur D'Alene
I lived in Lewiston. Most of my family is still there.

Skye
July 11th, 2003, 05:26 PM
wow, lots of folks from WA.

I love Washington, spent 30 years there and I miss it!

WSU-GO COUGS!

SylverStar
July 11th, 2003, 10:17 PM
Ok I live in Tri-cities, over here on the hot part 102 today. I practice natural witchcraft. I've been pagan since I was 14 I'm now 22. So for awhile. Always interested in learing new stuff and teaching the little I know. I'm kind of secluded out here. There are witches here but I've never met anyone serious in the craft. I'm always up for talking so feel free to PM me.

Ryhla
July 11th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Ok I live in Tri-cities, over here on the hot part 102 today. I practice natural witchcraft. I've been pagan since I was 14 I'm now 22. So for awhile. Always interested in learing new stuff and teaching the little I know. I'm kind of secluded out here. There are witches here but I've never met anyone serious in the craft. I'm always up for talking so feel free to PM me.
102* WOW. Reminds me of home at this time of year. It got up to the 90s here in Ellensburg today, but then again, we don't have a really big river flowing about us like the Columbia and the Snake.

SylverStar
July 12th, 2003, 01:19 AM
don't forget the Yakima also

Ceallach
July 12th, 2003, 01:44 AM
Yikes, those are some hot temperatures. Thats why I love living so close to the water, there's always cooler temperatures.

Anyone see the moon out tonight? So beautiful! I love just sitting back staring at it. Very inspiring.

Bright Blessings!

Theres
July 12th, 2003, 02:43 AM
the Moon IS beautiful tonight!
we didn't quite reach the 90's here in Salem, but is was warm enough.

the Pagan situation here is quite active. between the Salem and Portland/Vancouver communities (and a bit of influence from Eugene), i'm turning down more opportunities than i'm accepting. rituals, drum circles, meetings, lectures, gatherings of all kinds... i used to try and get involved in everything i could, but i soon realised i was spreading myself too thin. my personal magick was suffering, so i backed away a bit.
but i do realise that this is a problem many would love to have, and i consider myself very lucky.

anyway, it is a beautiful night!

Ryhla
July 12th, 2003, 01:39 PM
We have the Yakima River flowing through here. I didn't think it was also down in the Tri-cities. Speaking of which, I have an uncle in Kennewick

Twig
July 12th, 2003, 02:03 PM

AAAAHHH! Yakima! I was in the Army convoys you saw going through town about every other month. Our NG unit trained there so much I should be granted homeboy status!

Ah Yakima Training Range. The coyotes, the sheep, the cows, the heat of summer, the freezing winters, chasing jackrabbits in a humvee, the TICKS, THE FLEAS!!!!!! Oh no it will be a loooooong time till I forget Yakima. :rolleyes: :) :lol:

Peace,
Twig
2/218 Field Artillery
Portland Oregon National Guard
1989-1993

Ryhla
July 12th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Technically...I'm not in Yakima. But Ellensburg has seen it share of the convoys, coyotes, cows, Jackrabbits in Humvees...wait...how about under them? Boy can those guy get playing hard and loud at the firing center. When they get doing that, we have to push the dishes back up into the cupboard.

Williwaw
July 12th, 2003, 02:52 PM
AAAAHHH! Yakima! I was in the Army convoys you saw going through town about every other month. Our NG unit trained there so much I should be granted homeboy status!

Ah Yakima Training Range. The coyotes, the sheep, the cows, the heat of summer, the freezing winters, chasing jackrabbits in a humvee, the TICKS, THE FLEAS!!!!!! Oh no it will be a loooooong time till I forget Yakima. :rolleyes: :) :lol:

Peace,
Twig
2/218 Field Artillery
Portland Oregon National Guard
1989-1993

Oh yes, dh spent many a FTX at Yakima! I remember one really busy training period, they went to NTC for a month, then 2 days later to Yak, then home for the weekend, then back to Yak for another month. I hated that time :lol:, but then again so did he. :fishsmack

Gina

SylverStar
July 12th, 2003, 06:35 PM
I'm about 45min away from Yakima. But the Yakima, Snake and Columbia Rivers all meet here. Great Fishing. We have all those animals and the hot hot summers and cold winters with out much snow or rain.
Only 98 degrees today.

Moonlight's Daughter
July 23rd, 2003, 04:48 PM
Hey everyone! I am glad to see this thread. I am a solitary Witch living in Mill Creek, and I have been wanting to connect more with the Wiccan community in my area, make friends that are like minded!

Its good to see more of us out there! ;)

Brandiwyn

SylverStar
July 24th, 2003, 03:12 AM
Seems there's quite a few of us here.

Theres
July 24th, 2003, 03:22 AM
you guys might wanna try this...

http://www.9houses.org/OpenWays/intro.html

click on 'Community Events'.

Wind_Rider
July 24th, 2003, 05:00 AM
I am close by in Idaho :megaphone

SylverStar
July 24th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Were in Idaho? My dad lives in Post Falls

Wind_Rider
July 24th, 2003, 01:18 PM
mountain home Idago 35 miles outside boise

Ryhla
July 24th, 2003, 01:20 PM
I am close by in Idaho :megaphone
I'm originally from Lewiston Idaho. Except for a handful of cousins, most of my family still is there.

Selket
July 24th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Greetings, all! I'm so glad there are other NW Pagans out there! I don't know many. I live in Redmond half the time and Seattle half the time. (Parents=Divorced, Myself=Sixteen=Not allowed to leave home yet. Drat.)

Seabreeze0197
July 24th, 2003, 11:24 PM
I lived in Lewiston. Most of my family is still there.

Hey, Ryhla!! I live in Clarkston. How long ago did you live in Lewiston?

Ryhla
July 26th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Born and raised there. In fact, I'm going to go visit my family at Hot August Nights. :woot:

artsyfartsy
September 24th, 2003, 10:43 PM
hi
are there any wiccans or pagans in ellensburg that would like to start a circle. or a study group or just talk? im going to college in this little town and i can't find anyone of my faith!!!

Ryhla
September 24th, 2003, 11:32 PM
I live in Ellensburg. And there are a handful of us here. I'm not a college student however.

amathera
September 25th, 2003, 07:18 AM
I wish I still lived in Everett. Used to go to Mariner and everything. Maybe someday.

SylverStar
September 25th, 2003, 10:19 PM
As far as I know I thin Rhyla is the only one in Ellensberg. I'm down in the Tri-cities. So I'm a little ways away.

Grey_Bear
September 25th, 2003, 11:30 PM
My wife Jadedragonfly an myself live in a small rural spot in so oregon just 35 miles from the red-wood an calf line we have a few shops down here are there any one down here :huddle:

jenn
September 25th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Helloooo! I live in sw washington and my husband works all over around Seattle area in concrete finishing. Had one cool shop in my area -alll kinds of goodies but they recently closed. Am solitary pagan creature although Ive heard there are others in my immediate area...have 3 kids and variety of cats

Theres
September 26th, 2003, 12:36 AM
there is a very good witchy store in Olympia called 'Five Corners'. you might check it out next time you're through there.

Ceallach
September 26th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Jenn.. my hubby works all over Seattle too. He's a carpenter. Its quite a commute, eh? If you ever go to Seattle there is a really great pagan shop called Edge of the Circle Books on Pine street, I believe.

Glad to see we're all still here and connecting! Keep in touch neighbors!

Bright Blessings

jenn
September 26th, 2003, 01:25 AM
Hes staying over somewhere in the Mt Vernon area tonight cuz its too far to come home, but he does make the commute otherwise and doesnt get home usually until after 9pm. Ill have to remember about that shop though-thanx! I was bummed when the one here closed

Ceallach
September 26th, 2003, 02:51 AM
It sucks to have them work so far away. Earlier this summer my husband ended up living in Olympia because of a job. It was either that or spend 6 hours a day stuck in traffic. Where do you live?

Have a good one!

jenn
September 26th, 2003, 03:31 AM
Im clear down here in Kelso-it does suck, he's up long enough to eat dinner and visit us then snoozin, and he cant sleep in on the weekends, just automatically gets up at the same time. I dont mind him staying overnight up there -less stress on him. His union hall is in Seattle and hes thought of transferring to the one out of Portland, but that might mean going all over the place in Oregon, and there is definately no good work here.

Seabreeze0197
September 26th, 2003, 10:00 AM
So, does anyone know of any good shops in Ea. Wa.? I've heard of a couple of shops in Spokane, but that's it. I'm willing to guess there may be one or more in the Tri-Citites? SylverStar? I've been wondering if Pullman might have something...being such a college town...??

Ryhla
September 26th, 2003, 10:51 AM
I know there's nothing for pagan shops here in Ellensburg. What shops were here went out of business long ago. Shame too...There's more than 2 of us here.

SylverStar
September 26th, 2003, 08:15 PM
So, does anyone know of any good shops in Ea. Wa.? I've heard of a couple of shops in Spokane, but that's it. I'm willing to guess there may be one or more in the Tri-Citites? SylverStar? I've been wondering if Pullman might have something...being such a college town...??

down here we have the Herb store but it's only open like 2hrs a day. There's also a store in Richland I think it's called Dreamweavers. I've never been there though. The phone book has listed a store called Gaiamunda new age books and gifts. I've never heard of this store though, maybe I should check it out. Not much here though. I've only been up in Pullman once and that was years ago. I'm sure Spokane as some but I've never really checked them out. I imagine spokane has to have something though, being the largest city on this side of Wa.

Seabreeze0197
September 27th, 2003, 12:21 AM
I know of two in Spokane. One I've been to and it's just okay. The other my girlfriend has been to. She liked it, but has found she prefers to buy online for most things as their supply is pretty limited as well. I'm hoping I'll find something in Coeur D'Alene!

Ceallach
September 27th, 2003, 12:25 AM
I should have a giant sleepover for you gals and we can go to all the great shops we have here in Everett and Seattle! :huddle:

Ooohhh... sounds like fun! Popcorn, pillows, and pentacles! What a night!

Seabreeze0197
September 27th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Sounds like fun!!! I'll bring the popcorn!! All flavors!! I love cheese popcorn!!

SylverStar
September 27th, 2003, 02:35 AM
I know of two in Spokane. One I've been to and it's just okay. The other my girlfriend has been to. She liked it, but has found she prefers to buy online for most things as their supply is pretty limited as well. I'm hoping I'll find something in Coeur D'Alene!

I'll call my dad and ask if he knows of any in Coeur D'Alene. He lives in Post Falls so he probably knows some. He's always looking for reasons to give as why I should move over there.

SylverStar
September 27th, 2003, 02:37 AM
I should have a giant sleepover for you gals and we can go to all the great shops we have here in Everett and Seattle! :huddle:

:lol: Hey I'm in. I really want to go to some sort of festival next year. The closest I've ever got was going to Canteberry faire in Kent and that was years ago.

Theres
September 27th, 2003, 02:45 AM
me too? ;)

Fairywolf
September 27th, 2003, 02:50 AM
LMAO!!!! Bad Greenman!!! ;) ;0 :lol:

SylverStar
September 27th, 2003, 03:53 AM
me too? ;)

will video tape it for ya

Seabreeze0197
September 27th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Greenman! :lol::lol: You'll just have to have a sleepover as well so we can all go to the Beltane festival!!

Seabreeze0197
September 27th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Ok, so maybe a sleepover and a road trip!!!:lol: DIdn't realize how far you were from Goldendale until I went to yahoo maps!! :lol:

Theres
September 27th, 2003, 01:54 PM
yeah, it's about three hours drive from Salem at a little place called 'Stinson Flats', which is actually a boat-ramp/campground. but we cram over 200 people in there some years.
and OH what a sleepover that is!!!

:smoke:

Ryhla
September 27th, 2003, 04:40 PM

hrm...sounds like a road trip to me. I'm only 2 hours away or so. I'll bring nacho chips and cheese sauce...with jalapeno peppers.

Ok...now I'm hungry. I think it's time for lunch. :D

LeilaChandra@comcast
October 27th, 2004, 01:50 PM
I've been totally impressed with Washington's pagan/wiccan community. Was solitary most places I lived; didn't like the groups enough to get involved, and actually would always find all the other witches were doing the same thing, for the most part. Here there are actually two groups I love; picked one :abanana:

I just found this because I was trying to help spread the word about a meeting here, not only pagan, but for Metaphysics in general. It's an informal, everyone has coffee or food, hang out and talk, all metaphysical interests :javaswim: I'll go ahead and put the info:
http://metaphysics.meetup.com/8/

The site covers about everything, and if anyone who's interested signs up there, they do automated emails (nothing you don't want) to remind people, and let you have input. It's at 7 pm on the second Monday of every month; right now the next meeting is November 8, at Barnes and Noble. It'll stay at the same place unless people decide they'd like somewhere else better (you get just about any choice of places), so that's another reason to sign up, but the next couple meetings will stay at Barnes and Noble, to see if we like it.

I'm really surprised people are having trouble finding resources in WA; I came up from Cali, and just can't believe how someone's announcing another event or group every time I turn around. Maybe Olympia's lucky (definitely :broomride ) that way. This town is lousy with witches.

I don't know if the site will notify me of replies; I'm back in school, doing a 60 hour week ! now, but I'll try to set it up so people can reach me; the link on the meetup site will do that too, but it doesn't reveal your address, etc.

Brightest Blessings, Leila

Wolfie777
December 12th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Greetin's folks!

my wife and i are in ellensburg are always trying to find local pagans to hang out with. one can only tease the college kids for so long....
Wolfie

SylverStar
December 12th, 2004, 10:59 PM
lol...Well welcome to this site. I'm from tri-cities my self. I think most of the pagans from Washington are in the Tacoma/Seattle area.

Wolfie777
December 14th, 2004, 06:45 PM
well if THAT isnt typical! :)

i know a couple of pagans here in town, one group sadly, uses it as a guise for for libido... otherwise, many here who are pagan hide it. blame it on the punk rock upbringing, i have no fear of being who i am and telling others how to get where if they disagree :-D

at the begining of this entire thread, there was a person or two in this heehaw village, any idea if there still hacking around?

SylverStar
December 14th, 2004, 09:56 PM
I haven't seen a lot of those people post in a great while.

AdNoctum
December 14th, 2004, 10:26 PM
I'm in Longview... it kills my soul. :abored:

gypsii
May 21st, 2005, 02:54 PM
Hey, Ryhla!! I live in Clarkston. How long ago did you live in Lewiston?
I live in Clarkston too! Been here for a couple of months only, and love it. I came here to meet my mother-in-law about 25 years ago, and fell in love with the area. I have decided this is my home, even though I don't know anyone yet.

:woot:

Seabreeze0197
May 24th, 2005, 11:13 PM
I live in Clarkston too! Been here for a couple of months only, and love it. I came here to meet my mother-in-law about 25 years ago, and fell in love with the area. I have decided this is my home, even though I don't know anyone yet.

:woot:

Hey Gypsii!! I'm sorry to say I don't live in Clarkston anymore...I live up in Post Falls. I was just in Clarkston this last weekend though! LOL My entire family is there still so the kids and I go down when we can. We'll have to get together sometime when I'm down. I haven't talked to Ryhla in ages so I'm not sure if she's still in the area or not. I know her family lived in Lewiston...How long have you been there?

Kuai
June 14th, 2005, 07:52 PM
I live in washington and am looking for pagan frends to hang out with and mabe more ;).

if anyone is interested in getting to know me please contact me any way you prefer.

also for those of you looking for a group to spend time with and have millitary experience of some time i sugest Forest Moon (www.freewebs.com/forest_moon/) its a millitary pagan group here in washington made of of army and army spouses. by the way I made that website and feel free to contact me for more info.

Agaliha
June 15th, 2005, 05:08 AM
I live in WA-- west side, "near" Tacoma--not that close tho, I still have to take 2 buses to get to school-- I go to TCC. You would think with all those people, I would find some Pagans...but no. I have never met a Pagan (that I know of) in my neighborhood or school.

Tzhebee
June 15th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Central WA...you know, the "other" side of the mountains. :p

If you ever make it out to the desert over here, say HI!

Oh, Nighthawk and Co. are from WA too. They are on the green side of the state.

Nighthawk
June 15th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Yes, I am here..or.. there.. well, really everywhere, without being anywhere at all. Now that I have proven I am crazy. I work in Renton, live just South. Another Magical garden store in Lynnwood, or did it close? Nice stores in Olympia. Nice fair in hmmm, some tiny town.. oh Carnation.. and Canterbury Faire... and Twig was talking about sheeple.. I heard him... Sheeple are great people.... Umm, well.. usually I am not this nuts (usually I am more)

SylverStar
June 15th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Oh I use to do Canterbury faire with Ye Merry Greenwood Players...but I no longer do that.