PDA

View Full Version : Danus' "KITTEN LITTLE" Thread.

Danustouch
July 10th, 2003, 06:24 PM
I thought I'd share pictures of my little familiar, my baby, Summer, who goes by the name "Kitten Little". I'll put them in chronological order. The first one, is the first day we brought her home.

Danustouch
July 10th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Ehh..oh well..I was having trouble uploading it. I think I need to resize them. And right now..i'm out of time. I'll add photos' tomorrow, or later tonight. Sowwy.

Danustouch
July 10th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Okay, Ready to try again :) This first one, is one we took on the very first day we brought her home. Here, she is sitting on his scanner, having explored our whole desk.

Danustouch
July 10th, 2003, 08:30 PM
This next one, was taken a couple of weeks later, we have a large brass jar that we use to keep our change in. One of our other cats, had knocked it over, and she crawled inside it. Still to this day, she loves to crawl inside drawers, cabinets, blankets, boxes, any place which she can claim as her "cave". But this is one of my favorite shots, because the brass of the jar just sort of "frames" her, or makes her look as if there is a Halo around her :) And since she IS my angel..i find it appropriate :)

Danustouch
July 10th, 2003, 08:34 PM
From the moment I laid eyes on her, I knew she was mine. She perched on my shoulder in the pound, and looked quite comfy. When I put her back to continue looking at the kitties for a few minutes, she snagged my sweater, and wouldn't let me leave. Later that afternoon, john placed her on my pillow while I was napping, and she stared into my eyes for a while, and then snuggled closer to me and fell asleep. This became a pattern that she still follows today. Here, a month or so after we brought her home, John snapped a picture of her sleeping on her favorite spot..my back.

Danustouch
July 10th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Yet a few months later, John and I decided that our family (four cats, a pirahna, and ourselves) Just wasn't large enough. So we brought home a white lab rat. This photo was taken while we were changing the shavings in her cage....as you see, Kitten wasn't exactly about to let that rat pull ANY tricks. :)

Danustouch
July 10th, 2003, 08:54 PM
Sorry, here is the picture :)

Danustouch
July 10th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Fast foward a year and a half or so...these next two, are a statement about how she's captured our hearts. John's saying is.."Little, will you be my valentine?" whenever she does something adoreable. This Valentines day, we made her a little "Valentine Charm" to wear for the day.

Danustouch
July 10th, 2003, 08:57 PM
And mommy got a valentines day smooch in too:

Danustouch
July 10th, 2003, 09:02 PM
And here, kitten laughs at us for doing such silly things as trying to frighten her with fierce stuffed animals and fake growls.

Danustouch
July 10th, 2003, 09:03 PM
That's it for now. You'll see more around the board here and there i'm sure. Since we follow our cats around with the camera so much, i'm sure they feel stalked half the time :) But..truth be told, they all love it. They're natural models :)

Old Witch
July 10th, 2003, 09:16 PM
I will be looking forward to more pictures of your beautiful cat!

Altheia
July 10th, 2003, 10:55 PM
great pictures...love kitties... :)

shiloki
July 11th, 2003, 02:46 AM
summer has very similar markings to jorge (jorge renaldo esperante mendoza), our youngest (no longer littlest) kitty....slightly lighter....i like the carael colored stripes around her cheeks....very sweet :)

Danustouch
July 11th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Thanks guys, she is our pride and joy. Almost everyone who meets her is immediately charmed by her. We've had plenty of threaghts from people that they might try to kittennap her one of these days from us. :)

Shiloki, yes, I have always loved her markings. The caramel ones on her face, are great..but I think one of my favorites is the bright blaze of orange on one side of her head. That is actually why I originally named her "Summer" because not only was she like a breath of summer sunshine in my life, but she also bore the colors of the summer sunrise :)

AstraSkye
July 11th, 2003, 08:05 AM
aaawwwwwww that's one of the cutest little things I've ever seen... aaaawww.....!!!! :hearteyes:hearteyes:hearteyes:hearteyes:hearteyes How adorable!!!!

Danustouch
July 11th, 2003, 11:07 AM
I decided to share more from her days as an itty bitty kitten..and also share with you a couple of the rest of our family. This first one is her cudding with her brother, winter.

Danustouch
July 11th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Here's another one of her cuddling with her big brother Winter.

Danustouch
July 11th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Her in My Christmas Stocking :)

Danustouch
July 11th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Her sleeping on the Giant Teddy Bear

Danustouch
July 11th, 2003, 11:11 AM
And just to show you that we DO love our other cats two, here's one of Terra getting a bath from his daddy. He LOVES the bathtub.

Danustouch
July 11th, 2003, 11:12 AM
He's a bit of a loveable dope.......

Danustouch
July 11th, 2003, 11:14 AM
A black and white of our two black cats, winter and terra cuddling on the couch

Danustouch
July 11th, 2003, 11:16 AM
Boris, our eldest, and a pure black shorthair, is the perfect "halloween" cat, in my opinion. This picture shows him in the autumn, outside.

Danustouch
July 11th, 2003, 11:18 AM
He's a bit of a nervous wreck, our Boris.....

Danustouch
July 11th, 2003, 11:19 AM
But...at least he pee's on the toilet, like a proper fellow.

Semele
July 11th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Great pics Danus!! I love the cats!!

Danustouch
July 11th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Thank you Semele :) Our cats are absolutely our "Family". When we feast, they feast, when we go to bed at night, they "quiet down" , or come sleep with us if we let them. When we go outside, they go outside, I even bring the littlest out on a leash :) The first thing John does when he comes home from work, is greet the kitties. Dinner time, will find one cat trying to climb on the table, one UNDER the table, and two sharing one of the kitchen chairs. Not begging for food, generally. Usually just "hanging out" . We watch movies together, in the living room. It's quite the little family :)

~ Monk ~
July 11th, 2003, 12:54 PM
But...at least he pee's on the toilet, like a proper fellow.

Wait - if he does that on the toilet, he's not very proper. And does he put the seat down when he's done?

All kidding aside, those are great pics. I'll have to get the ones of all my pals together and scan a few in.

Old Witch
July 11th, 2003, 04:56 PM
They are outstanding Danus. :)

Danustouch
July 11th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Thank you :) My cats' are quite thrilled to be shown on this board :)

It's funny, too, because they LOVE the camera. When we shoot our models, almost every single gallery we take, has a few pictures where you can see the cats in them. We're thinking of having a contest on our site that the person who finds alllll the pictures with our cats in them, gets' a free months membership. LOL. It will take them a while to complete :)

Danustouch
July 12th, 2003, 11:55 PM
As I said, My cat's must get in the act whenever we do a shoot with a model. This time, it was Kitten Little who decided to steal the shoot. I had just instructed our Model to lay down on the table, when up jumped my little camera hog, who quite casually plopped down beside her...

"Mom...why would you want to waste this time on some GIRL? You do realize that i'm simply the most stunning thing in the world, and more worthy by far of your photographic talents, don't you?". LOL.

Flar's Freyja
July 13th, 2003, 01:45 AM
This next one, was taken a couple of weeks later, we have a large brass jar that we use to keep our change in. One of our other cats, had knocked it over, and she crawled inside it. Still to this day, she loves to crawl inside drawers, cabinets, blankets, boxes, any place which she can claim as her "cave". But this is one of my favorite shots, because the brass of the jar just sort of "frames" her, or makes her look as if there is a Halo around her :) And since she IS my angel..i find it appropriate :)

Awww.....reminds me of some that Flar took of Pouncy when she was that little. She loved to sleep in one of those hospital basins til she got too big.

Kitten Little is adorable!

Danustouch
July 13th, 2003, 01:51 AM
I'd love to see that picture, Freyja :) And thank you for your comment on Kitten Little :) I'm such a proud mommy, I love showing her off :)

Flar's Freyja
July 13th, 2003, 01:55 AM
I'd love to see that picture, Freyja :) And thank you for your comment on Kitten Little :) I'm such a proud mommy, I love showing her off :)

Let me see if I can find it........well, here's one of her in a bowl in Flar's bachelor days kitchen :lol:

Danustouch
July 13th, 2003, 02:02 AM
Awwwwwwwwww :) So Cute!