PDA

View Full Version : Ouch! Energy Please!

Danustouch
July 12th, 2003, 08:27 PM
I had oral surgery on Thursday, they removed two of my rear teeth, with only novacain to numb the pain. They gave me a script for vicodin, but they only wrote it for 12. I only have 1 1/2 left! I'm in serious, serious pain...the pain stretches from the front of my mouth, to my ear, and it's unbearable! Please send some energy that this starts to get better soon!

Xentor
July 12th, 2003, 08:34 PM
((((((Danustouch)))))))))

Pesha
July 12th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Please feel this empaths touch with healing balm and calm.
The pain you feel will leave you soon and never trouble you again.
Warmth and peace and tender care is given........pain in your mouth forever be driven. So mote it be.

hope that helps a bit hon.

BB

D'S ...also known as....

Old Witch
July 12th, 2003, 10:38 PM
((((((Danus))))))........Energy sent!!!

Danustouch
July 12th, 2003, 11:14 PM
Thanks guys :) Energy is working :) That, and a little extra push of meds. I took 1/2 of a vicodin, a few motrin, and then took a mouthful of brandy and held it over the spot. Do not try this at home kiddies, i'm quite sure that that wasn't the healthiest thing to do, but it did get rid of the pain...in fact, right now..I feel ..uh..nothing .. ;) Thanks guys, keep it coming :)

Toad
July 12th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Energy on the way Danus!

Flar's Freyja
July 13th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Healing thoughts and Reiki on the way :heartthro

Danustouch
July 14th, 2003, 12:43 AM
Thanks guys. I had to call for a refill on the pain meds today. They gave me enough for a couple more days, and a higher dosage at that. Hopefully, i'll be going into the dentists again on wednesday to see why I'm not getting much better. I think it may be the antibiotic isn't working. Pray its something as easy as that........ I don't want more surgery....and i've GOT to stop being such a zombie on all these pain meds!

Flar's Freyja
July 14th, 2003, 12:49 AM
(((Danus))), when I had an abcessed tooth that I couldnt afford to take care of for about a year, megadoses of vitamin C really seemed to help. I took 500 to 1000 mg every two hours. Oil of clove can also help with gum pain, if that's what you're having. It's the main ingredient in novacaine and is abrasive to the skin, but not to the gums for some reason. You can swab it on with a Q-Tip. Be careful not to get it on your skin or lips. If you do, it will be very uncomfortable but shouldn't leave a burn or abrasion. If the pain is in your jaw and head, grapefruit oil might help. Someone gave me some for a migraine a few months ago and I couldn't believe how much rubbing some on my temples helped. Will keep sending hugs.

Ravens_Tears
July 14th, 2003, 01:05 AM
Definately sending lots of energy.. I have SOOOO been there!http://www.mysticwicks.com/images/smilies2/hug.gif There's a few other things I know help... dampen a towel with as hot a water as you can stand. wring it out and wrap it around your jaw... If you can't stand the warm/hot salt water rinses, try to take tea (black or green.. preferably black) as warm as you can stand it and with little or no sugar. The heat of the tea will cause any infection to drain and the tannic acid will help keep the wound clean. Motrin is good. And the clove oil.. Elevate your head if you can when you sleep and if it isn't easing off then definately go back to the doctor and get a different anti-biotic. If the infection doesn't go down, that's what's causing the pain. Good luck hun!

Psyche Ague
July 14th, 2003, 01:32 AM
Consider it done.

Danustouch
July 14th, 2003, 02:58 AM
Thanks for the advice and prayers guys :) Freyja, and Ravens..I'll definitely try your suggestions:) I especially like the hot towl/tea idea.
Freyja, after it heals up a bit more, i might try the clove oil, and grapefruit. But since I just had surgery on them Thursday (extractions) that area is still an open wound, and very sore..i cringe just thinking about it. Thanks all!