PDA

View Full Version : Help me name my new kitten

Seabreeze0197
July 13th, 2003, 02:54 PM
MM, everyone!! I found the most enchanting kitten yesterday!! I new he was meant to be a part of my family. He is pure white and has one brown eye and one blue eye. His body shape is very Siamese, long and thin. His head is small and triangular with large ears. He is such a lover!! I'm calling him Karma for now. I do not like typical cat names, my other cats are Gracie, Bella, Georgia and Sam. I want him to have a pagan associtated name. Even celtic. I'll know it when I hear it, can you help me out?
Thank you everyone!!
BB

Nyarlathotep
July 13th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Kirjava... ^-^

Seabreeze0197
July 13th, 2003, 03:03 PM
I'm going to try and put up a picture of him so that it may help! I'm not entirely sure how to do this, so it may take awhile!! :rolleyes:

Nyarlathotep
July 13th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Step one, host your pic. step two, post it in IMG tags. Like so.

[.img]www.hostingservice/thingie/yourcat.jpg[.img]

WITHOUT the periods.. in the IMG tags.

Seabreeze0197
July 13th, 2003, 03:24 PM
well, lets see if this worked. I'm not seeing the picture, but I'll try.

Nyarlathotep
July 13th, 2003, 06:26 PM
It's .. there.

I say.. "Kirjava", maybe "Skcoushi"... you could name it after mee..

Nyarlathotep! :fishsmack

Seabreeze0197
July 13th, 2003, 06:37 PM
So what do those names mean??? I'm totally boring and thinking Merlin.....He's so spunky and onery and loving and smart.....My original name for him was Karma. It just doesn't seem to fit. The way he came into my life, I'm truly feeling he may be my familiar.....

MoonRaven
July 13th, 2003, 07:09 PM
I think he looks kind of like a Pwyll.
(http://www.pantheon.org/articles/p/pwyll.html)

Or, just to be interesting and fun, and Celtic all at once, how about Twm Shon Catti?
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/t/twm_shon_catti.html

BrigitCayenne
July 13th, 2003, 07:14 PM
Merlin would be a good name or how about Lucifer, a Greek God? Lucifer is the soulmate and brother of Diana and there's an interesting legend regarding Lucifer taking on the form of a cat, but I'd hve to look that one up.

SylverStar
July 13th, 2003, 07:28 PM
He tottally looks like my friends cat Gilligan. What kind of temperment does he have?

Danustouch
July 13th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Niall as in Niall of the Nine Hostages, Dagda, as in "The Good God".
Medwynn?

I personally like the name Jericho for him..not sure why..and it's certainly not Celtic, or Pagan :)

Nyarlathotep
July 13th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Kirjava is a name from a story, and Skcoushi is ah.. Cherokee for "small".

amathera
July 14th, 2003, 12:56 AM
My vote would be for Souffle. (like the food) It is actually the name of a moat monster. :ohyah:

Pesha
July 14th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Have you ever thought of asking your kitten its name. All animals know their name at birth. Calmly look into its eyes and raditate peacful feelings to it and say" what is your name please"......it will let you hear the name in your mind. I have done this with all my animals over the yers and they really do prefer the names they were born with.

BB

D'S..also known as....

Nyarlathotep
July 14th, 2003, 11:04 AM
I've never, ever thought of that.... *goes off to try this with his dog*

shiloki
July 15th, 2003, 02:47 AM
how bout gwyllie?....i think he looks like a gwyllie.....ooor.....sorento?!...no.....hermes!....hmm...maybe not....i still like gwyllie :)

~ Monk ~
July 15th, 2003, 10:51 AM
I think Karma is a perfect name for him.

Mistiblue
July 15th, 2003, 09:06 PM
HUmmm,.. I've seen some excellent suggestions and haven't thought of anything yet myself. Just wanted to add a note of how I named one of my cats.

Not realizing he was a "HE" I had named him Windy. I named him that becuase he had cronic gas attacks. (Peeew) so I thought,..ok, Windy. But then he got older and I saw my mistake. NOT a girl. He was pure white with blue eyes. (Now his coat is tinged in gold) He would just kind of dissapear into the background of the wall. I could look right at him and not see him until he looked back and I saw his blue eyes. A master of disguise that one! Anyway he seemed to be a Mirage. I changed a couple of letters and his name is now Miraja. So he really kind of named himself. :-)

Gareth
July 15th, 2003, 09:22 PM
How about Fate? Hmmm, too cliche', Karma does sound good though. Or maybe Dragonsinger mat be on to something. That's kinda how we named our cat(Mabon)

WynnJera
July 16th, 2003, 12:31 AM
I say Manx

Thistle
July 16th, 2003, 03:54 AM
I like Dragonsinger's idea! I've always liked to let my furbabies suggest a name for themselves by the things they do or the way they look. They've always told me who they are this way, but I admit, I've never thought to just ask them.

Elfa Wylde
July 16th, 2003, 07:09 AM
I think he looks kind of like a Pwyll.
(http://www.pantheon.org/articles/p/pwyll.html)

Or, just to be interesting and fun, and Celtic all at once, how about Twm Shon Catti?
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/t/twm_shon_catti.html

I agree!! he's got the same expression on his face as my own Pwyll!!