PDA

View Full Version : for the sweetest 4 year old!

Lanna
July 15th, 2003, 09:31 PM
ok well i feel a bit rude asking seeing as im new here, but regardless of that a friend of the families daughter Leah, has just been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and is undergoing treatment which is making her so weak and sad. Also her mother has just found out she is pregnant and the whole family are still in a state of shock as to how this situation came out of the blue!!

if you can send anything their way i'd be so appreciative!

WillowSageheart
July 15th, 2003, 11:02 PM
Prayers and energy already on their way. How absolutely tragic for all of you... especially for poor little Leah who couldn't possibly understand what is happening, and how difficult it must be to learn such delightful news with all the direness of the other situation. Please keep us updated.

Ravens_Tears
July 15th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Prayers and energy sent...

Hope
July 15th, 2003, 11:52 PM
not rude at all

(((hugs))) to you and energy sent to you all

love
hope

Arienadean
July 16th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Sending healing energy and prayers sent...

The first few treatments tend to be the hardest with cancer. At least it was for my daughter. The family tends to end up in a fog of so much stuff all at once. The little ones going through such are very amazing little people. I've seen babies toddlers and teens deal with cancer as well as adults.(lots have passed in my family including my own daughter) I hope they find someone whose going through similar or has delt with similar to talk to. It can help with the overwhelming feelings of it all. With children it can be hard to diagnose things. They figured my daughter had been sick since 5 but it was slow growing. Anyways my thoughts go out to the family and as I said my healing energy and prayers to them.

Lunacie
July 16th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Prayers and energy from me too. How ironic that mother and daughter may both have upset tummies at the same time, one from "morning sickness" and the other from cancer treatments.

Lanna
July 16th, 2003, 08:01 PM
aww thanks guys! :)

She started her treatment a couple of weeks ago and has lost her hair, her mother had been in for all the tests with her and there is concern for the unborn baby!! *Sigh* so far things look positive tho! :)

Arienadean
July 16th, 2003, 08:25 PM
I know from the drugs I had to be around for my daughter what types of warnings we got. If she handles any diapers/nappies or pullups if the 4 yr old isn't potty trained and just had chemo she needs to wear gloves. The urine is toxic. And usually stays that way for a few days after treatment depending on the drugs used.

The little one could get a wig. My daughter was offered such. But sometimes too if a big person shaves their head that helps or if they have a special doll that is like them.(some hospitals sell such but you can make them too) There is an organization here in canada called Candlelighters. They send families free a stuffed animal(my daughter got a gund lion), some relaxation tapes for children, some colouring books, and some books for parents on things. When her hair comes back she'll likely find it's curlier and thicker. Particularly if she's also had radiation.

I hope the unborn little one is ok. I also hope that despite all the turmoil that your friend is getting some rest and finding some way to relax. I know it can be hard to do tho...

Healing energies to them and prayers for them all..

aww thanks guys! :)

She started her treatment a couple of weeks ago and has lost her hair, her mother had been in for all the tests with her and there is concern for the unborn baby!! *Sigh* so far things look positive tho! :)

Aspasia Sariel
July 16th, 2003, 09:33 PM
consider energies sent.... :hugz:

AutumnRose_43725
July 17th, 2003, 08:27 AM
Prayers and energy being sent to the whole family, and especially to the little one--may her treatment and recovery be swift and complete!

Lanna
July 18th, 2003, 11:49 AM
thanks again to everyone! :)

Arienadean............yeah she was told not to have any contact with any of leahs bodily fluids, which is the one thing that is really hard on her. She says she can't help but wipe her tears away or wipe her nose when she needs it and to not be able to change her bed if she wets it (recently become a regular occurance) is hard on her! -thanks for the advice tho! :)

MoonDust
July 18th, 2003, 12:13 PM
energy sent. for the baby and the family

don't hesitate to ask for help when it's needed!