PDA

View Full Version : Good Energy for NeferSesmet's Job Interview

WandererInGray
July 17th, 2003, 01:04 PM
:D

She's got one on Monday at 1pm....with one of the top 5 PR firms in the US (or was it world? I forgot *grins*) It'll finally get her out of the ninth level of hél she's in now, and give her a chance to be doing something she loves as well as something that she went to college for.

*lights a candle* Best of luck, sis....I know how important this is to you, and I also know that you'll blow them away.

Ahautenites
July 17th, 2003, 01:25 PM
World. :) (Though that does mean they're top 5 in the US, too. ;) )

Want this job in an even worse way than I wanted the last one (even though I know the money will be less). There is so much room to grow with this job opportunity. Assistant Account Executive is the one I'm applying for, but that eventually leads to Account Executive, and then Account Manager, and I don't even know where it goes from there. But even with a couple years of firm experience, the PR doors that open are phenomenal.

I want to be impressive, and despite being a larger woman, I still want them to think that I'm exactly what they want. I'm worried that I don't fit their image. (In PR, image is everything.)

And I'm worried that I'm not going to be able to have quite the right qualifications. I wish I had more PR experience to make me a more attractive candidate, but I just don't have a whole lot of it.

Semele
July 17th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Less money, so what? there are far more imprtant things in life, like enjoying your work and coming home feeling like you accomplished something other than putting up with an egotistical jackass. Plus, maybe they will at least pay you on time! ;)

You are beautiful and talented and that will shine on your interview. Much candle lightage going on and lots of energy sent. I will get the master magician (aka Mol) in on it and you will succeed!

Mithrea
July 17th, 2003, 01:34 PM
I will certainly be lighting a candle for you this weekend and thinking about you on Monday. I really sympathize with your situation and truly hope they hire you. It's sounds amazing!

Good Luck Dear! :)

Athena-Nadine
July 17th, 2003, 01:43 PM
The opportunity is by far mor valuable than the amount of money you'll initially get paid.

{{{hugs}}} You have whatever energy I can spare.

Ahautenites
July 17th, 2003, 01:53 PM
**hugs** Thank you all. I think I will get paid at least as much there as here ($12), but what I'd make in bennies (and a return of sanity) is the real immediate upside.

WandererInGray
July 17th, 2003, 06:14 PM
*smiles* That's the truth.

Repeat after me, Sis.

I am capable. I am intelligent.
I am a beautiful person. I can do this job.
I deserve this job over all the other candidates, because of these things.

*smiles* Lather, rinse, repeat.
Oh and here...*hands Ses a whiffle ball bat for the annoying voices in her head that may try to say anything different*

Ahautenites
July 17th, 2003, 06:16 PM
Am I whacking the voices just because they're annoying or because of the annoying things they say? If the former, I'm in deep trouble, as I'll be comatose by the time I'm through beating them all.

Pesha
July 18th, 2003, 12:19 AM
May you be bathed in confidence and calm. Blessigns to you.

BB

D'S...also known as....

Faery-Wings
July 18th, 2003, 07:49 AM
Good luck sweetheart! You can do it!!!!

Scarlettvixen
July 18th, 2003, 08:05 AM
good luck hun!
walk into the interview and project that u r the most beautiful, confident and best qualified person for the job

Flar's Freyja
July 18th, 2003, 10:33 AM
What she said. Energy on its way.

Danustouch
July 18th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Probably late..but ..Good wishes sent anyway!

Ahautenites
July 18th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Nope. It's not late. :) Interview is this Monday.

Toad
July 18th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Energy on the way...I will light a candle for you this weekend Nefer. =)

callalily
July 19th, 2003, 03:35 PM
Energy sent -- you all sent me tons of energy when I got my job last Sept. and I'm returning the favor!

Ravens_Tears
July 19th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Good luck! (((((ses)))))http://www.mysticwicks.com/images/smilies2/hug.gif

LadyOak
July 19th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Good luck :) and energy sent...

Old Witch
July 20th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Energy sent, and you just banish any negative thoughts you may have.........and I know this may sound silly.......go really light on the perfume.........

Lyntwyn
July 20th, 2003, 11:10 AM
(Acting on the principle of acting "as if" the desired outcome has come to fruition and is already reality...)
Congrats on the new job, sweetie! You deserve it after being tempered by the fires of Hel!! Want to be a fly on the wall when you give notice :fprtyman2
PS Energy sent! But you knew that.

Ahautenites
July 20th, 2003, 11:07 PM
**hugs for everyone who posted since the last time I posted**

OW ~ **smiles** Not silly advice at all. I always go light on perfume at interviews. You're not even supposed to drink coffee (not that I would, seeing as I hate the stuff) or eat popcorn before an interview because interviewers may be turned off by coffee-breath or popcorn breath.

**smiles at Lyntwyn** Ain't that the truth, all of it. I did a tarot reading online and the outcome card was "The Six of Wands, which may herald the arrival of good news; it may also mark a moment of personal glory. One of the most gratifying cards in the deck, it shows the high point of a creative journey. Self-confidence forged the path to this victory, for, as Rachel Pollack says, 'Optimism produces the very success it desires and expects.' Having manifested your goals, your achievements are now honored by others. A promotion or other reward may even be granted to you. You deserve this acknowledgement, for your success benefits the whole community. Inspiring others with your triumph, people may begin to look to you for leadership. However, be wary of the human desire for heroes; don't use your position to gain an unfair advantage over others. Enjoy your time in the limelight for what it's worth, knowing that your fame may fade, but your accomplishments will endure."

Gods, I hope so. I've been looking forward to saying goodbye to that place for so long.

Whenever it happens, I will be sure to give you all an account of the moment I leave this place for good.

WtchyChick13
July 21st, 2003, 02:29 AM
I'm sorry I'm late here babe--but many hugs for lots of luck.

:smooch:

Flar's Freyja
July 21st, 2003, 02:54 AM
On the way.............

Semele
July 21st, 2003, 12:01 PM
Thinking about you today girl!! Relax, breathe, all that good stuff!!

Ahautenites
July 21st, 2003, 05:08 PM
**still more hugs** Thanks for everyone's help on this. I came out of the interview thinking that I probably will not get that job. (See the LU if you want the full scoop on the interview.) But thanks anyway, and hopefully, something better will come along, and soon.

Onward and upward, as they say. :)

Lyntwyn
July 21st, 2003, 05:14 PM
Maybe they are building suspense so we can have a bigger Party?

Ahautenites
July 21st, 2003, 05:20 PM
Dude, at the rate this job hunt is going, my party is going to consist of nothing but me and a bunch of other octagenarians painting our nails and getting spoonfed tapioca.

Lyntwyn
July 21st, 2003, 05:30 PM
Maybe you are just cut out to be a lottery winner then.
And to some of us who are closer to octogenarian (age wise) think that's a whopping good party! :)

Ahautenites
July 21st, 2003, 06:11 PM
Aye, but the tricky thing about the lottery.... you actually have to play in order to win.

WtchyChick13
July 21st, 2003, 06:23 PM
Well, consider the good thoughts still coming from this end! :thumbsup:

And don't worry, I have the feeling we'll be partying a lot sooner than you think! :D :boing:

Lyntwyn
July 22nd, 2003, 12:42 AM
Quoth Ses:
Aye, but the tricky thing about the lottery.... you actually have to play in order to win.

I don't think of it as playing so much as putting in my application for millionaire. :lol:

Scarlettvixen
July 22nd, 2003, 06:20 AM
I don't think of it as playing so much as putting in my application for millionaire. :lol:

lol i like that lyntwyn!!!
:lol::lol::lol: