PDA

View Full Version : I saved a kitty!!

MoonDust
July 19th, 2003, 03:57 PM
I saved a kitty!!

This morning after breakfast I decided it was time to clean our back porch. The hose was tangled around a tree so I had to walk around the tree a few times to untangle the hose.
Now all morning long we’d heard a kitten mewing, but we’d figured a neighbor had recently gotten a kitten so I didn’t put much though into it.
As I neared our aviary it seemed to be much closer than I thought. Well, there he was, stuck between our fence and out aviary, this perfect tiny black kitten. Oh, I fell in love with it. It looked at me with those gorgeous eyes and just let me pull him out. Then he just sat in my arms and let me quiet him down. Oh, I wanted to keep him so much!!
But I couldn’t. We live with my aunt and cousin who absolutely prohibit cats in their property. :ahhhhhhh: :bastard: :sniffsnif

I don’t blame them really, I mean they own about 10 birds and 5 dogs, plus my pup… we’d officially be a zoo. Besides he was hungry and dehydrated and I’m sure he needed some sort of medical care, which unfortunately I can’t afford right now. Oh not to mention that after holding him for 5 minutes my allergies hit me with a vengeance. My eyes swelled almost completely shut and I was sneezing and sniffling non-stop.
:sleepybed
So I called the nearest shelter and took him in. I cried, sniffled, and sneezed the whole way home. :wah:

LadyOak
July 19th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Maybe because the kitten is younger it will have a better chance of finding a home? :eyebro: :sadeyes: And at least it was you who found it. Someone else might not have taken the time you did to help it...

MoonDust
July 19th, 2003, 04:40 PM
That’s what I keep repeating to myself. I’m really half tempted to call and tell tem I’ll take him, but it wouldn’t be fair. I just can’t afford him right now and the really isn’t room for him. I know he’ll have the nutrition and care he needs there. It just hurts so much because I felt such a connection towards him. Even my pup felt it . she bark at everything that moves that doesn’t have her stamp of approval and the whole time I held that kitten she just sat by me and watched him.

Pesha
July 19th, 2003, 04:57 PM
You can make a special blessing for the kitten, providing it with protection and that a good family will come and take him home. You did a good thing hon. So go and make that blessing and know that They Who Care and Create wil look after it.

Be peaceful.......
BB
D'S...also known as...

Bainidhe Dub
July 19th, 2003, 05:26 PM
At least you cared enough to notice the kitten's meowing was closer than you realized and helped him. Now he has a chance to find a loving home and that is what counts. Yay!

Danustouch
July 19th, 2003, 05:36 PM
I am sure that once the little guy is nursed back to health, he will find a home in no time. It's not usually the kittens who have trouble finding homes. I'll say a little prayer for the fella that he's adopted soon, and finds himself a really good family to take him in :)

MoonDust
July 19th, 2003, 08:04 PM
Oh what a wonderful thought! I was so wrapped up in having to give him up that I never thought of making a blessing for him! I’ll work on it ASAP

Old Witch
July 20th, 2003, 09:25 PM
I'll send some energy, light a candle, and say a prayer too!