PDA

View Full Version : Seven Signs Of Bad Day Care

Flar's Freyja
July 23rd, 2003, 01:08 PM
Received this in a newsletter this morning and wanted to pass it on to our working moms:

7 Signs of a Bad Day Care (http://www.family.msn.com/tool/article.aspx?dept=health&sdept=hsy&name=bc_070803_baddaycare)

VelvetBlade
July 23rd, 2003, 01:10 PM
Great info....thanks Freyja!

~AW

Ravens_Tears
July 23rd, 2003, 01:18 PM
Thankyou Freyja!!! Adding that to my daycare links now :)

Altheia
July 24th, 2003, 01:04 AM
thankies...needed that one! See, you are a community resource!!!

LadyOak
July 24th, 2003, 07:18 AM
Not trying to butt in here but I did in-home daycare for 10 years and learned a few other things it was good for the parent to know.

1. Who is their Food Service-Quite often Private and Public daycares will use a government food service. To offset food cost and to make sure that the kids are getting proper nutrition. What is the menu, do they post the menu?
2. What is the Emergency Plan. Is it written down. Are you given a copy. How often do they practice. Where are the fire extinquishers, are they ABC or just AB? The C rating is for electrical fires and does not conduct.
3. What is their Pickup/dropoff policy. Do they have a sign-in/out sheet. do they keep it? What would they do if a "family friend" tries to pick up the kid?
4. What is the policy for children who could be 'troublesome'.
5. How often do they wash the everything, what with?
6. Do the operator(s) go to ongoing training?
7. If in-home daycare, who do they report to?

Faery-Wings
July 24th, 2003, 08:01 AM
I didn't see anything about the staff being CPR certified- I'd make sure I'd add that one to the list as well.
Otherwise I felt the list was quite comprehensive.