PDA

View Full Version : My baby’s getting the snip.

MoonDust
July 29th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Yup. My baby was dropped off at the vet’s at 9 am so she can be fixed and while she’s under they’re going to pull two baby K9’s that never fell out. My poor baby. I took her to the vet yesterday so he could check her out. Poor thing was down for the rest of the day, as if she knew what was going to happen today. It’s only been an hour and I want to go get her from the vet and apologize for leaving her there.

Flar's Freyja
July 29th, 2003, 01:17 PM
(((Hugs))) We've been through that several times recently. We paid extra for a pain shot for Groucho, and he was trippin' when he came home. It was funny but also heartbreaking.

I have a feeling you'll probably be like us, calling at the very second they said she would be ready!

Reiki and hugs to your baby, too!

MoonDust
July 29th, 2003, 01:22 PM
They told me to call at 2. I’m calling right at the dot.

Old Witch
July 29th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Poor both of you!!........

MoonDust
July 29th, 2003, 02:28 PM
I'm sure she'll be ok...

Bainidhe Dub
July 29th, 2003, 02:44 PM
We took Custard and Tessa to be fixed the same day - that way, we figured, Custard wouldn't be feeling better than Tessa, and running her over. We felt so bad at leaving the two of them; they had to stay overnight, and it was a very empty house to come home to that night.

Tessa wouldn't "speak" to Dad for a week (even though I was the one who dropped them off lol). Custard on the other hand was up and running within a few hours believe it or not. It was very hard to keep her from pulling or breaking her stitches.

It's a very stressful situation for us humans, but ya know, it's for the best. Custard and Tessa both now have much slimmer chances of developing problems that bassets are prone to having. *hugs* We understand how you feel.

MoonDust
July 29th, 2003, 02:58 PM
thanks. that's another thing I have to keep telling myself it's for the best she won't go through so many problems in the long run. etc..

it's just... my poor baby. My sister says Ursula (my baby) wouldn't let go of her and that she fought to get into the car this morning. something she never does. 2 more hours before I can call...

Faery-Wings
July 29th, 2003, 03:29 PM
(((((HUGS))))

BTDT- know that feeling all to well.

You should have seen me last year when Harley went in for a tumor to be removed and it took longer than they thought. I was a wreck!

Lot sof energy and loving cuddles to Ursula.

MoonDust
July 29th, 2003, 05:26 PM
She’s just waking up and might not even come home today… :wah:

Old Witch
July 29th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Well, that's a bummer.....but you want what's best for her..........

MoonDust
July 30th, 2003, 10:56 AM
I do want what’s best for her it’s just that it’s so hard. I know I sound like a whiny brat, but she’s never been away from home since we got her. The house was so big and empty with out her. I couldn’t even go to sleep last night because I knew she wasn’t in her spot. I ended up falling asleep sitting up on my couch around 1 or so.

Old Witch
July 30th, 2003, 11:48 AM
When can she come home today......((((((((MoonDust)))))))

MoonDust
July 30th, 2003, 12:13 PM
she can come home! now I just need to find a ride to go get her. *sigh*

Flar's Freyja
July 31st, 2003, 01:42 AM
So, how is she doing?

MoonDust
July 31st, 2003, 10:46 AM
She’s good. Not as active obviously. She forgets about the stitches and all that so we have to constantly be on her so she won’t tear them. She pulled on them when I got home because she tried to jump up to meet me at the door. Poor thing. She’s sleepy a lot, but she’s eating well and drinking plenty of water.

Old Witch
July 31st, 2003, 11:21 AM
She'll be right as rain soon and a better girl for it.........

MoonDust
July 31st, 2003, 12:07 PM
thanks I know she'll be ok. I just couldn't let her from my sight last night. poor thing. I'm such a wuss when it comes to people I love being hurt. I mean if they're bleeding I can move and get it fixed, but once that's over and all that's left is a healing wound... well I fall apart.

witchsmacked
July 31st, 2003, 02:53 PM
When I brought Phoebe to have her doggie hysterectomy, I was the same way. I wanted to call the vet a million times. My mom kind of laughed at me, actually, because I was almost in tears when we left. She happily followed the vet's assistant to the back, because she knew her, but the minute she opened the little kennel for her to go into, Phoebe looked back at me like, "how could you do this to me?"

When we picked her up later that day, she was zoned. My dog was literally still stoned on anesthesia. She went to my mom instead of me because I was the one who brought her there. When we got home, she finally came with me, but she wanted to lay on my bed and away from me. I was devastated. After a while, she followed my sister's little girl around the house. About an hour before bed, she was sitting by the door, scratching, so I figured she had to go out. When I was going to bring her back inside, she pulled back on her leash. She wanted to sleep on her porch, in her house, on her pillow. My dad didn't see any danger in leaving her outside if that is what she wanted, so we let her stay on the porch.

A few days later, I was wondering if the put an energizer bunny in my dog, because spaying them is supposed to calm them down. Seemed more like they sped her up. :)

Your baby will be back to normal. But I definitely understand how you are feeling. I barely slept that first night, because I was worried she'd get sick or her stitches would pull or something. Totally normal.

Faery-Wings
July 31st, 2003, 03:17 PM
Glad to hear she is doing ok. Harley gets really stoned on anesthesia, the last time it lasted days. Then faggeddaboutit- maniac dog on the loose!

When she cut her paw a few years back, she had to have her foot wrapped up. She was running around crazy one day and then came up to the door to be let back in. Her bandage had twisted around backwards and my first thoughts were that she broke her whole leg this time! :lol:

(((Hugs))) to MoonDust and her baby!

MoonDust
July 31st, 2003, 04:37 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah this morning she was begging me for a walk. So I took her out for a tiny quick walk but she seemed to enjoy it even though she may have over done it a bit and it was only to the corner and back.

Old Witch
July 31st, 2003, 09:36 PM
She'll be fine.......you need tranquilizers. :) Energy and love to the both of you....... :smooch:

MoonDust
August 1st, 2003, 12:35 PM
I'm going to PetCo today so I'll be sure to pick some up.