PDA

View Full Version : It's time for em to come home now...

Toad
July 29th, 2003, 11:30 PM
I really didn’t want to ask for energy, wishes etc for this…but my wife asked me to so…

My wife took my 2 kids to England to visit her folks. We thought it would be extra neat to save a ton of cash by using my cousin’s stand-by flight vouchers (he works for American). She got there no problem…but after they arrived in England British Airways decided to strike and this in turn caused American to oversell everything out of England. It’s not a huge deal…she is staying with her mom and dad…everyone is fine. It’s just proving a real bear to get home on stand by.

She is going to try to go out through another airport but she will have to take like 5 flights to get home (assuming she can get out of Heathrow). Again it’s not a big deal…but some spare energy for her to get home with the kids would be greatly appreciated.

This ‘hermit’ has learned his lesson…honest! ;-)

Thanks in advance!

WynnJera
July 30th, 2003, 02:09 AM
Calming airport energy sent ...

Flar's Freyja
July 30th, 2003, 02:15 AM
Hugs, Reiki and energy to all of you.

I've learned to get through this kind of thing by keeping in mind that there are no coincidences. When I'm late or inconvenienced, I think that there's a reason I'm not supposed to be there at that certain time.

I've seen accidents up ahead of me or have missed a blowup at the office, so a large percentage of the time it turns out to be true :heartthro

LadyOak
July 30th, 2003, 06:39 AM
Energy on its way...

Faery-Wings
July 30th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Your poor wife. I hate that feeling of wanting to be home and home now, so I cannot imagine what she is going through.

Lots of luck and energy sent to them. May the Airport Gods be kind!

sianand_flidais
July 30th, 2003, 08:36 AM
energy being sent to light their way home, may they return to you soon.
*hugs*
sianand

materra
August 3rd, 2003, 08:23 PM
Oh Toad... that is a long time for you guys to be away from each other. Energy and prayers all arrive safely and joyfully soon. (And that you got the room built and maybe the deck too?) Warm hugs to you and yours.

Hope
August 3rd, 2003, 08:36 PM
ohhh calm loving energy for all of you!

love
hope

Pesha
August 4th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Oh sweety, lots of love and energies and calming vibes are sent.

All will go well and they will be home soon.

Do envy your wife though, I have not been back to my homeland since 1987.

BB
D'S...also known as...

Toad
August 4th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and energy. They are going to try the stand-by deal this Friday for the last time. If they fail this time I will put a hell of a dent in my Visa Card limit to bring em home.

I really think that this is not a coincedence...my wife's grandmothers are both getting on and I really dont expect that she will see them again (as aweful as that may sound). This extra time with them I am sure she will cherish...even though right now it may not be at the front of her mind.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and energy! =)

mol
August 4th, 2003, 12:33 PM
You are in my thoughts, my friend.

Semele
August 4th, 2003, 12:38 PM
(((Toad)))

Come get our kids to keep you company until they get home. No..really...please!?!

Soon!

Old Witch
August 4th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Energy sent.......and absence really makes the heart grow fonder, eh?

Flar's Freyja
August 4th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and energy. They are going to try the stand-by deal this Friday for the last time. If they fail this time I will put a hell of a dent in my Visa Card limit to bring em home.

I really think that this is not a coincedence...my wife's grandmothers are both getting on and I really dont expect that she will see them again (as aweful as that may sound). This extra time with them I am sure she will cherish...even though right now it may not be at the front of her mind.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and energy! =)

(((Hugs))) I'm sure that dent will be worth it but hopefully you can avoid that.

Reiki sent to bring them home safe and sound, and for a totally awesome reunion :heartthro

Flar's Freyja
August 6th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Progress report, please :heartthro

Toad
August 6th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Still looking at Friday for the return trip attempt. Still if that fails I am ploppin down the plastic to bring em home.

The fam is fine...Paige was a little under the weather (strep) but with a few days of anti-biotics in her she doing lots better.

Semele
August 6th, 2003, 11:04 AM
I think Toad can make it now until they get home. He had a nice healthy dose of Trey yesterday to tide him over!

Still keeping the energy flowing for a quick return without the use of all the evil plastic!

Flar's Freyja
August 6th, 2003, 11:43 AM
I think Toad can make it now until they get home. He had a nice healthy dose of Trey yesterday to tide him over!

Still keeping the energy flowing for a quick return without the use of all the evil plastic!

And he still wants children in the house? *runs*

Directing reiki energy to Friday......

Toad
August 6th, 2003, 12:06 PM
And he still wants children in the house? *runs*

Directing reiki energy to Friday......

Trey's my buddy! =)

Thanks kindly Freyja! =)

Aspasia Sariel
August 6th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Have they tried clicking their heels and chanting "there's no place like home?"

Energy sent for everything to work itself out, hopefully without pushing the plastic too far :)

Toad
August 8th, 2003, 09:01 AM
Not only did they get on a plane...they are somehow got on the early direct flight. The flight they got on was oversold with a long stand-by list. Not sure what happened but my cousin (the American employee) just called to confirm they are on the plane! My babies will be home this evening!

Thank you all for the energy, thoughts and prayers!

Faery-Wings
August 8th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Yay Toad!!!!!!!!:ringaroun

Old Witch
August 8th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Alll Right!!!

Flar's Freyja
August 10th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Are they there yet?

materra
August 10th, 2003, 01:07 AM
Yay, this is great Toad... I know you really missed them.

Hope
August 10th, 2003, 01:16 AM
wonderful news!!!!

love
hope

Toad
August 10th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Are they there yet?

Oh yea...we got em home Friday night!

Thanks again everyone for the thoughts energy and prayers.