PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Horror Picture Show Poll :)

DayDreamer
July 31st, 2003, 08:47 AM
DianaStormDancer's avatar inspired this question.

How many of you have seen the RHPS, and how many times? Have you ever been on cast? Which character did you play?

Radocs
July 31st, 2003, 08:48 AM
I saw maybe ten minutes of it on TV once.

DayDreamer
July 31st, 2003, 08:52 AM
I've seen it well over 200 times at the theater, was on cast (usually played Janet or Columbia), and own the movie on DVD, have the soundtrack on CD, have one of the original theater posters, am a member of the official fan club.... etc.

So you can tell I've seen it a few times :D

SylverStar
July 31st, 2003, 08:56 AM
I grew up on RHPS. My dad is more the fan though. He owns it on VHS,DVD,LaserDisk, a couple of different versions. He has several soundtracks, and a couple of action figures. I taught my little brother how to do the Time Warp when he was 6.

April
July 31st, 2003, 09:11 AM
I can honestly say I've never seen it. Is it good? Should I see it?

CloakofStars9
July 31st, 2003, 09:15 AM
Lets do the time warp again!!!!!!!!!!

lol, my mom got me into it, yep when i was 13
if you havent seen it in a theater you havent REALLY seen it :smoke:

Phoenix Blue
July 31st, 2003, 09:17 AM
Time Warping to Entertainment and Sports.

CloakofStars9
July 31st, 2003, 09:44 AM
http://www.galateasglamouries.com/pics/icons/smiling.jpg

http://riffrag.virtualave.net/media/animation/cape.gif

DianaStormDancer
July 31st, 2003, 09:46 AM
DianaStormDancer's avatar inspired this question.

How many of you have seen the RHPS, and how many times? Have you ever been on cast? Which character did you play?

So come up to the lab, and see what's on the slab
I see YOU shiver..with anticipation!
So maybe the rain. is not really to blame!
I'll remove the cause...but NOT the symptoms!

Just a wild and an untamed thing I guess.... :smoke:

~ Monk ~
July 31st, 2003, 10:03 AM
I saw the music video for "Time Warp" when is was in Jr. High. That was enough for me. :D

DianaStormDancer
July 31st, 2003, 10:49 AM
I saw the music video for "Time Warp" when is was in Jr. High. That was enough for me. :D

What!????? It didnt drive you insaaaaaaaaaaannnne? hehehehe :lol:

Lady Tana
July 31st, 2003, 11:07 AM
I'm suprised Kaylara hasnt come in to answer yet...
oh yeah and
I love Rocky Horror... my s/o thinks its nonsense and cant stand it.. LMAO!!
now i want to go see it again!!

~*Ginger*~
July 31st, 2003, 11:09 AM
Tim Curry in drag is a total 'shuttergasm'!!!!

I've seen this at outdoors movies in college and also at the theater, midnight shows...
and watched it on tv everytime I've had the chance.
my college room mate was totally hooked on this movie, and got me turned on to it.
We did go in costume every time we went...

The first time I saw it was a midnight showing in a theater and she kinda let me in on some of the 'doings' but there was this guy who threw whole bags of rice when that time came, hit me, i was ready to beat him!!!

if your gonna go, have fun...just don't hurt anyone...

Let's dooo the tiiime warrp aaaaggggain!!!!

ooh, ooh and elbow sex!

LOL

~ Monk ~
What!????? It didnt drive you insaaaaaaaaaaannnne? hehehehe :lol:

Well, it did, but not in a good way. :lol:

Mistiblue
Oh my Goodness,... I'm really giving my age away here. I saw it more times than I can count. Close to almost every week for a couple years when it first came out. And numberous more times over the years. Now I have the movie. Am I a sick puppy or WHAT. LOL... :) :geez: :lol:

DayDreamer
July 31st, 2003, 11:11 AM
Oh my Goodness,... I'm really giving my age away here. I saw it more times than I can count. Close to almost every week for a couple years when it first came out. And numberous more times over the years. Now I have the movie. Am I a sick puppy or WHAT. LOL... :) :geez: :lol:

Sick puppy? Surely you jest! I'm 34, and my oldest son saw the movie over 70 times before he was even two years old (he's now 15). In fact, we're having a Halloween party this year, and perhaps I should just drag out my Columbia costume. Now wouldn't THAT be a hoot.

~*Ginger*~
July 31st, 2003, 11:12 AM
Am I a sick puppy or WHAT. LOL...
ROFL & L & L!!!
Aren't we all!!!

CloakofStars9
July 31st, 2003, 11:31 AM
tim curry is the MAN!!!!!

he looks so sexy in those damn garder belts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaylara
July 31st, 2003, 12:25 PM
Well, I've seen it well over 100 times, own several different copies of the movie, soundtracks, box sets, tee shirts, posters, buttons, action figures, bobble heads, books, and even a Lunch box. I met my fiance there. Need I say more? :) (Obsessed much?)

Ben Trismegistus
July 31st, 2003, 12:28 PM
Hey, you neglected to ask about those of us who have seen the stage show!

I first saw RHS (without the "picture", since it's onstage) in London, for the 21st anniversary of the original production, in 1994. Patricia Quinn (the original Magenta) played Magenta, and looked great! It was quite an experience, because when you heckle the cast, they heckle back!

Then, I saw the recent Broadway production twice, which included Joan Jett ("I Love Rock & Roll") as Columbia, and Dick Cavett as the Narrator. It was a totally excellent production, and really put a new spin on the show. Plus, there's nothing like seeing it with a live band. Totally rocks.

And by the way, for those of you who are both RHPS and Buffy fans, have you seen the websites dedicated to Anthony Stewart Head (that's "Giles" to Buffy fans) as Frank-n-Furter? Check out some of the sound clips - he's pretty good!

http://www.eskimo.com/~gaspers/gaspers/frank.html

http://www.eskimo.com/~gaspers/gaspers/frank.jpg

DianaStormDancer
July 31st, 2003, 12:29 PM
Sick puppy? Surely you jest! I'm 34, and my oldest son saw the movie over 70 times before he was even two years old (he's now 15). In fact, we're having a Halloween party this year, and perhaps I should just drag out my Columbia costume. Now wouldn't THAT be a hoot.

Lmao...read your pm's dear!!!!!

Columbia is it?????......hehehehe..........

He shooka me up he took me by surprised he had a pick-up truck and the devils eye..................... :smoke:

DayDreamer
July 31st, 2003, 12:33 PM
Lmao...read your pm's dear!!!!!

Columbia is it?????......hehehehe..........

He shooka me up he took me by surprised he had a pick-up truck and the devils eye..................... :smoke:

Well, I was walking down the street just a having a think, when a snake of a guy gave me an EVIL week.

He shooka me up, he took me by surprise, he had a pick up truck and the DEVIL'S eye..

He stared at me and I felt a change... time meant nothing, never would again.

Let's do the time warp again :)

DianaStormDancer
July 31st, 2003, 12:40 PM
What ever happened to Faye Raye??????? That delicate satin draped frame..as it clung to her thigh how I started to cry.......cause I wanted to be dressed just the same...................

Don't DREAM it...............Be it................!

WynnJera
July 31st, 2003, 12:52 PM
I saw it many times, because it was like a train wreck. Couldn't look away....... :thumbsup::hehehe:

I love this movie soooooo very very much ... I have it on tape and dvd ... and when I go to the shows I have my lil maid outfit and dress up as hmmm I wonder who .... :rolleyes: ... lol ...

Your lucky ... We're lucky ( The Banaster lucky ) :lol:

I LOVE THIS SPECTACULAR SHOW .....

DayDreamer
July 31st, 2003, 12:56 PM
Follow the bouncing thumb....

What CHARMING underclothes you both have on...

CloakofStars9
July 31st, 2003, 01:01 PM
i love anthony stuart head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i saw him on the vh1 special for Rockys anniversary dressed up as frank , he is so adorable

Fairywolf
July 31st, 2003, 01:23 PM
I LOVE this show I have seen It over and over and over....... :lol:

Gareth
July 31st, 2003, 01:25 PM
I dread Halloween, for it is that time when every cable station plays that movie!!
Granted. I'll watch it too, but not when it's on every channel! Then it gets boring! :lol:

DianaStormDancer
July 31st, 2003, 01:50 PM
Boring???????? here take these rosetinted glasses dear..........Magenta bring him up to the lab! :lol:

CloakofStars9
July 31st, 2003, 01:52 PM
MASTA, Dinner is prepared!!!!!!

DianaStormDancer
July 31st, 2003, 01:55 PM
Eddie!

DayDreamer
July 31st, 2003, 02:16 PM
From the day he was born (not the night but the day)
he was trouble (with a capital T)
he was ze thorn (not ze rose but ze thorn)
in his mutter's side (not her back, but her side...her backside)
he tried in vain (not the artery but the vein)
and he never caused her nothing but shame (shame shame shame)
He left home the day she died.....

She bop she bop bop

Lanna
July 31st, 2003, 03:54 PM
LOL the poll is closed! :geez:

I used to dance and we did a dance routine to the time warp song....... our costume was the 'gothic french maid look' and we performed this for four nights running. It was so fun and just before the first show we all sat down and watched the film.......I'd love to see it at the theatre at some point in my life! you gotta have some humour in you to appreciate it, i think!

DianaStormDancer
July 31st, 2003, 04:40 PM
From the day he was born (not the night but the day)
he was trouble (with a capital T)
he was ze thorn (not ze rose but ze thorn)
in his mutter's side (not her back, but her side...her backside)
he tried in vain (not the artery but the vein)
and he never caused her nothing but shame (shame shame shame)
He left home the day she died.....

She bop she bop bop

When Eddie said he didn't like his teddie we knew he was a no good kid......but when he threatened your life with a switch blade knife....

What a guy!
Made me cry!
OOOnnnnnd I did!
:)

DayDreamer
July 31st, 2003, 09:44 PM
I'm gonna PM a mod and see if they will reopen the poll. It wasn't supposed to close!

mol
July 31st, 2003, 09:48 PM
I'm gonna PM a mod and see if they will reopen the poll. It wasn't supposed to close!
It's not closed!

Seabreeze0197
July 31st, 2003, 09:55 PM
I've never seen it....http://www.mysticwicks.com/images/smilies2/oops.gif I've always wanted to see it, so I don't know why I haven't.....:geez: I'll have to get on Netflix and order it...

Lanna
July 31st, 2003, 10:58 PM
It's not closed!

just me not using my brain again then? lol

WillowSageheart
July 31st, 2003, 11:28 PM
Hot patootie bless my soul, I really love that rock and roll...

I lost count somewhere after 250 times I believe. I went every Fri and Sat night. I own the VHS and the DVD, I have an original poster as well as a movie script. My daughter could do the time warp perfectly by the time she was 2. And I played Magenta!

Yeah... it was alright I guess... :lol:

They don't play it down here anymore. Haven't for years. I actually feel sorry for those that have never actually experienced the movie but only just watched it. I guess that era has ended. :geez:

WynnJera
August 1st, 2003, 02:05 AM
I can not believe no one thought to change their icons to this.... :lol:

DayDreamer
August 1st, 2003, 08:53 AM
Hey Janet...Yes Brad? I really love the (spit it out, @$$HOLE... SK SK SK SK) Skillful way.. you beat the other girls (with whips and chains) to the bride's bouquet (that too).

The river was deep so I swam it (Janet) the future is ours so let's plan it (Janet) and please, don't tell me to can it (Janet) there's one thing ot say and that's Dammit, Janet I love you....

Here's a ring to prove that I"m no joker, there's three ways that love can move. That's good bad or mediocre (gay straight or bisexual) oh J A N E T I Love you so!

Of course, if I did the rest of the song with the conversions from the audience participation, I'd be in deep do-do cuz it is NOT exactly PG-rated. :lol:

DianaStormDancer
August 1st, 2003, 09:52 AM
I can not believe no one thought to change their icons to this.... :lol:

:lol: ..ya know me either...hahahha

Science fiction.ooooooooooooo...double feature!

DayDreamer
August 1st, 2003, 10:18 AM
I was feeling done in
couldn't win
I'd only ever kissed before
I thought there's no use getting
into heavy petting
it only leads to trouble and
seat wetting

DianaStormDancer
August 1st, 2003, 02:52 PM
Creature of the night????????????

DianaStormDancer
August 1st, 2003, 02:53 PM
Creature of the night????????????

:smoke: thrill me, chill me, fulfill me...................hahahahahaha

DayDreamer
August 4th, 2003, 09:26 AM
In the velvet darkness... of the blackest night.
Burning bright
There's a guiding star
No matter what
or
who you are

There's a light (over at the frankenstein place)
there's a light (where do you keep your children?)
burning in the fireplace
there's a light, light, in the darkness
of everybody's life.

Rae ShadowWolf
August 4th, 2003, 09:44 AM
I own the DVD with both the UK and US releases, I've watched it every Halloween until I got the DVD.

I absolutely love this film. I am dying to see it in a theatre where you can actually participate. I'd participate along with the DVD, but its a little too messy for my livingroom... *grin*

CloakofStars9
August 4th, 2003, 12:41 PM
http://www.00buddyicon.com/ikons/IKON5b4b15b64bc20bc27366bf8ef39e8da771dd7b65ba.gif

http://www.00buddyicon.com/ikons/IKON60e5f5ee91c41f8ebc4f2af28d57ad79975d381592.gif

http://www.00buddyicon.com/ikons/IKON295fe17721403abb39bec81adbfe3c4a505db14a88.gif

http://www.geocities.com/spideyanimations2/Rocky_Horror.gif

LadyOak
August 4th, 2003, 01:01 PM
That show is OLD!!!! 28 years!!!! I saw it when it came out!!!! I don't remember much from the first time tho...too stoned. :collapse:

BlueFlame
August 8th, 2003, 06:53 PM
In just seven days... I can make you a MAN-AHHH-a-han!!!

I found these Rocky sprites somewhere on da net and I love 'em.

http://freakzngoths.homestead.com/files/frankenfurtursprite.gif

Rae ShadowWolf
August 8th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Those are cute! Where did you find them???

MistOfTheSea86
August 13th, 2003, 04:47 AM
And have played every part except three, Janet and Dr. Scott and Magenta.

My most frequent roles are Columbia and Frank.

I have seen the movie well over 200 times, and in a theatre round 50 I am guessin.

Psyche Ague
August 13th, 2003, 05:23 PM
I looooooooove RHPS!!!

My friend Lacey and I are dressing up as Columbia and Magenta, respectively, this Hallowe'en. :bouncy:

Apparently it's playing somewhere in the DC area this month...I hope to see it!

Sparrow
August 26th, 2003, 11:39 PM
I ADORE rocky horror. *Swoon* One of my all time favorites. I live in a small town so I've only been able to see it live a handful of times, but it was so much fun!!!!

SylverStar
September 1st, 2003, 06:45 PM
It got banned from my town. because of a riot that broke out at it. I live in a town ful of idiots.

Desert_Yaqui
September 8th, 2003, 11:01 PM
I simply adore this movie and I own it in VHS and DVD format. I pop it in the player at least once a week. I use it for background when cleaning the apartment. I've watched a lot of times! One of my top five flicks of all time...

Here are some of my favorite lines:

"Columbia... Magenta... Go and assist Riff Raff."

"That's a rather tender subject, another slice anyone?"

"It was great when it all began,
I was a regular Frankie fan,
But it was over when he had the plan,
and started working on a muscle man."

"But I thought you liked them. They liked you." ... "They NEVER liked me!"

I will post more on this subject... This is awesome! Finally folks who love this movie as much as I do!!!!!!
Thanks so much!

Hippywitch
September 9th, 2003, 05:41 AM
Rocky Horror is soooo cool! All hail Richard O'Brien!

I nearly always play/dress up as Magenta but I've also done Frank and Columbia.
I worked as a cinema manager a few years back and had a midnight showing at Halloween that year. It was the best... but cleaning the carpet afterwards was not fun!

I'm that much of a fan I even own two versions of the script with crowd heckle lines and instructions of when to throw toilet roll etc.

I'm happy. He's happy. We're all happy! The banister's happy!

Traz Heart
September 17th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Well, I've seen it well over 100 times, own several different copies of the movie, soundtracks, box sets, tee shirts, posters, buttons, action figures, bobble heads, books, and even a Lunch box. I met my fiance there. Need I say more? :) (Obsessed much?)

Thats my girl :fpraiseyo

Well i've seen it over 500 times in the theater not trying to 1 up anyone but that is what happenes when you see it 2 nights a week for ablut 4 years strait and then see it every once in awhile for the next 5 years.

I also played every part of the cast except Columbia.

And I am more obsessed then anyone. So obsessed I kidnapped a person from the theater and still haven't let her heart go :broomride (kaylara)

RKO is the man
Tim curry is god

If you have seen Rob ZOmbies House of 1000 corpses Ottis looks like Rif Raf and Baby in her makup looks like Majenta.
-Traz-

Shadowolff
October 20th, 2003, 12:20 AM
I saw it once, a midnight show I stopped in on as I was working 3-11 that day and the (movie) theater was on my way home.

It was fun being a virgin -- someone gave me a T-shirt.

I've seen parts of it on tv since, but never the whole thing. I'd watch it again, though.

NightBathen
October 20th, 2003, 05:44 AM
there is just something to be said about a cult flick with crossdressing gay vampires that makes me want to yak. Meatloaf sucks!

Sylvan
October 20th, 2003, 06:53 AM
My best friend from high school was a regular Frankie Fan. :D She had several RHPS parties at her house, and we did the Time Warp late into the night.
The first time I saw it was on VH1 maybe a week before her first party, and I just didn't get it. It was silly and kinda boring.
And then went to the party and got it. :)
I don't think hubby will understand until and unless we take a Saturday night off sometime and go to the local late night double feature picture show...

How funny about Anthony Stewart Head! I can totally hear him singing Frank, after the stuff he did on BtVS.

And who has seen the stinky pewy followup, "Shock Treatment"? Bleah.

twisted_silhouette
October 21st, 2003, 05:37 PM
Just a fan. A fan who loves all aspects of the movie. It is a classic (and STILL in theatres!), and will always be! I love it. :smoke:

Dio
March 24th, 2006, 01:05 AM
I love a good train wreck!

I also love picking rice out of my underwear. Wheee!

Catiana
March 24th, 2006, 02:30 AM
I own the video, I used own the soundtrack on vinyl, but it got worn out. :)

wooleybob
March 24th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Friends and I go every year to see the show..:fpraise:

SilverClaw
March 24th, 2006, 09:47 AM
I still have not seen it, and everytime I have tired it gets ruined and do not wind up going.

Evendusk
March 24th, 2006, 11:26 AM
I love it! I have both the movie and the original stage soundtracks but I don't have the movie though I've rented the video.

Astara Seague
March 24th, 2006, 01:03 PM
I saw it for the first time in 1980 on Sunset boulvard in Hollywood!! talk about Nutso!!_wedgie_

Bronach Druid
March 25th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Wow this is a really old poll but....
I own it, have seen it too many times to count, know it by heart. It is one of my favorite movies.

Misteria
March 25th, 2006, 02:12 AM
I can honestly say I've never seen it. Is it good? Should I see it?
Yes it is good and yes you should see it

Misteria
March 25th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Eddie!
Oh ya gotta love Eddie :)

PoisonIvy
March 25th, 2006, 04:44 AM
I'm not sure how to answer this pole. I know that I've seen way more than 200 times,I own it on DVD and VHS(the American and British versions),I know every line and every song in the movie and I used to go watch the movie with actors below the big screen the theater every Saturday night at midnight. I think they still might play at a theater in Dayton,I'll have to go and see.
I'm not a member of the fan club cause I don't like to think of myself as a fanatic.:lol:

My poor hubby hates it when I get my dvd out!:lol:

Strega Del Vento
March 25th, 2006, 10:42 AM
I have always adored this movie. Tim Curry rocks in almost every role he's played, but I shall always think of him in fishnets. Haha

I've seen the movie more times than I can count. I have the DVD and the Soundtrack.

Never see it at a Midnight showing, with the parts being acted out. But, one day I will. I'd probably be Magenta.

Chibi-Fallon
March 25th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I'm going to see a drag show tonight and then going to Rocky afterwards. :hahugh: My girlfriend is even coming up for it.

Ivyrose
March 25th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Ive seen the stage show a good few times - I even got my mum into it. I have the soundtrack/dvd/video an original release t shirt and the audience participation album on vinyl (I am saving that as part of my "nest egg"!!) I am so gutted that its not been playing much in recent years although I'm sure I heard a rumor not long ago that theres another uk tour being planned

The Lady
March 25th, 2006, 06:09 PM

No, you just have great taste!!

I have seen more times than I can count, and own the DVD and soundtrack. Introduced my daughter to it and she is a fan too!