PDA

View Full Version : How did you choose your pet's name?

Garnet
August 3rd, 2003, 01:21 AM
Sheer nosiness, folks. :lol:

My first two cats were DeeDee & Sheena. I got them from friends who were major Ramones fans.
When Ramona moved in with me, I considered Pinky (don't know where that came from) & Eulalie (after one of Scarlet O'Hara's aunts), but in the end I named her for the Ramones' song 'Sweet Little Ramona".
Bubba & Miss Cleo came to me named Rajah & Cleo. The female was so prim & proper that I started calling her "Miss' Cleo. However, Rajah was such a dumb goofball that Rajah was too grand for him, & I started calling him 'Bubba'. Now he's 'Bubba the WonderCat'...cause he's not! :smileroll

Fairywolf
August 3rd, 2003, 02:31 AM
Well my puppy got his name Harley because he has such an attitude :lol: I have been around alot of bikers and he reminded me of a few of them so I named him Harley!! I love him dearly and wouldn't trade him for the world even though sometimes he is more then I think I can handle!! :lol:

Old Witch
August 3rd, 2003, 11:05 AM
:) Dax got his name straight from DS9.....Tipper got her name because she had a white tail tip when she was born.....Cherokee because I'm Cherokee.....Lil Bit (Bitty) because she was the runt of the litter, she's the size of a small horse now.......Apache, because I'm going with the Indian Motif.........Twinkie was named that in honor of a member here........ :)

WynnJera
August 3rd, 2003, 11:28 AM
Well when Hubby and I got " Gizmo " he was this 6 week old brown and white shih tzu fluffy ball ... and one of Hubby's fav movie's is Gremblins ... so that is where we came up with Gizmo ....

Well then we got Gizmo a playmate a Carmal Female shih tzu X peke X Pom puppy and we had no clue what to name her and Hubby said " well we name Gizmo from one of my fav movie's... let's name her from one of yours " .... So from the Little Mermaid ... wwhen Arial sings the song Part Of Your World .... she says I have Gadgets and Gizmo's a plenty .. :lol:

that is how we came up with the name for Gadget :)

Now when Gizmo passed on Gadget was not even a year old and she was all alone and used to have a playmate ... so we went to the same breader but she had no pups but a breader friend of hers did ...

So we got a brown Male Lassa Apso X Pom puppy .... the most outragerous feature on this puppy was he had a normal sized everything else except these HUGE paws with little bits of fur hanging off of them like the grinch had on his hands ... :lol: ...so we thought his paws looked like those of a Kodiak Bear .... so we called him Kodiak ....

If you want to see pic's of them ... I have some posted in this forum :)

amathera
August 3rd, 2003, 12:17 PM
My dogs- Sedona looks just the color of the rocks in Sedona Az.
Morgan was named after a pirate in a romance novel.

My cats- Tuffy was named after the cat I had in high school. He looks exactly the same and acts exactly the same. (My Mom almost had a heart attack
YumYum was named after the cat penned by Lillian Braun.
Their nicknames are as follows.

Noner
MorgieMoo
BooNoodles
BugNuts
DON"T ASK!!!!!!!!

MammaStar
August 3rd, 2003, 01:00 PM
My dog Strawberry, was named by my son. When we got her, he was about 4 and we asked "what do you want to name the new dog?" He said "Strawberry" and that's her name. Mind you, Straw is a BLACK dog...we asked him why and J-man said "cause I like strawberry ice cream" :lol:

Toby, the cat, his "official" name is "Tobias T. Cat" He adopted us. Which is why I'm convinced he's my familiar, because he meowed all nite as a kitten under my window and I went to see him and we became instant pals. When I was holding him my Dad said "what name to you want to give him" and something just said "Toby. Tobias T. Cat will be his name" My son LOVED it. And i think Toby likes it too.

witchsmacked
August 3rd, 2003, 01:20 PM
When I adopted her, the woman with the animal rescue service said the best names are two syllables and end in vowel sounds.

I'm a Charmed fan (yeah, go ahead and laugh) and I thought Phoebe suited her.

The dog before her was Gypsy Rose Lee, but we called her Gypsy.

Cev'aq
August 3rd, 2003, 02:12 PM
Velvet, my 10 year old cat, was given to me, along with his brother, who I named Satin. Satin had long soft fur, and Velvet has fur that feels like velvet, except it's considerably longer than that. :lol:

Catten, the stray that adopted us, was originally Kitten, named after a friend's "Kitten" because they were both terribly fluffy. Once he started growing up, we nicknamed him Catten, and now he refuses to answer to anything else.

Shadow, another gift cat, was given the name because he's completely dark grey, just like a shadow.

Tira, another stray adoptee, was given the name because it just seemed to fit him. Tira is the original name of a character in Eddings' Belgariad and Mallorean.

lovemy1dane
August 3rd, 2003, 02:17 PM
my dane that died yesterday was named Otis by the people who had him before us. When we picked him up at the SPCA the lady there called him Odie, he answered to it and he kinda reminded me of Odie from Garfield(kinda stupid acting) So it stuck.
My black lab is Lady because not only does she act like one very ladylike by gently taking food from you, has better table manners than my kids, but she even gets embarassed when she passes gas at the table. Also, when I first brought her home she cried like Lady from Lady and the Tramp.
My cat spooky got her name because not only did we get her the day before samheim, but she acted like a ghost and she spooked very easily.

Danustouch
August 3rd, 2003, 02:28 PM
First Cat was named Puffy, because he was such a puffball when my brother brought him home.

Second Cat, Splunker, was named as short for "cave spelunker" because she loved to hide under, and in any nook and cranny or "cave" of sorts that she could find.

John's cat Boris was named when he and his ex brought home Both Boris, and one of his sisters, who they named Natasha. Because he and his ex are fans of "Rocky and Bullwinkle" and Both are black cats. (Natasha has since moved on, along with Johns' ex)

Terra he named after the "Earth" because he is a deep, dark brown, (appearing black unless in direct sunlight..where you can see the rich brown highlights in it)

Summer/A.K.A Kitten Little - When I brought her home, I named her summer because of the light and warmth she brought into my home, but also becaue her colors were bright, and warm. However, I made up a silly song, calling her "kitten little" and somehow, the name just stuck. Now she only comes to the name "kitten" or "little" ..she wont' aknowledge the name Summer. Go figure.

Winter- We originally named him Thor because he is black, and strong, and we thought it was a really strong, masculine, intimidating name. LOL. But soon after we brought him home, we noticed how incredibly shy, gentle, and sweet he was. Thor didn't seem to fit, and he HATED it. So..one day, I saw he and Summer (kitten little) cuddling on the couch, noticed her bright colored contrast to his darkness. And decided to rename him Winter. It fits him much better. He likes this name much more than "Thor". Although oddly, while still sweet and shy for the most part, he's grown into a strong, fearless leader. He's the highest cat on the totem pole now...and knows it. He's a kind leader, but he IS the king of the cats here in this house. So now..Thor would fit him a bit better. He still rejects it though, for whatever reason.

Jeleia
August 3rd, 2003, 03:38 PM
I got the idea for my cat's name from the Simpsons.

Maggie

(Since she was the baby)

Amethyst Rose
August 3rd, 2003, 05:46 PM
Well.... Ozy's full name is Ozymandias, after the poem. He's a small dog, but has a big dog attitude so he needed a kingly name, so he's "Ozymandias, King of Kings". Of course, it helped that I was studying poetry at university at the time. :)
And Max.... James named Max, it just seemed to fit. He is a very tall, 90lb dog, and we often refer to him as Maximus Doggus :).

Iris
August 3rd, 2003, 06:36 PM
:) Dax got his name straight from DS9....

Hee hee...my boyfriend's dog is called Sisko. Similar reasoning. :)

My dog is called Honey. Because she's kinda Honey-coloured. Not exactly original but it works!

Demeter
August 3rd, 2003, 09:24 PM
Kilobyte (now incorporeal, but still drops by to visit) was named because he kept crawling into my husband's lap and playing with the computer.

Ryo-oki was named after an anime rabbit-cat because he made exactly the same noise as the rabbit-cat when stuffed into a cat carrier.

CoCo (full name CoCo Chanel) was named by the guy we adopted her from.

Bastet's Promise (now also incorporeal) was named because we had promised the Goddess Bast when we moved into our new home that we would adopt a new cat ... so less than two weeks after we moved in, we found this little stray who, it turned out, had advanced cancer and had come to us for hospice care. Promise was with us exactly six weeks, and in that time moved into our hearts forever.

Raven is all black and was named that at the shelter where she lived for 15 months until someone crazy enough to want a black cat showed up. We got her a couple of weeks after Promise died.

Honey is a feral cat that decided to live in our front yard and raise her kitten in the shelter of our bushes. We kidnapped them both. Everybody at the vet when we took her to be spayed kept calling her "Honey" so we figured that worked as well for a name as anything. Honey is still feral, but now lives indoors.

Her kitten (now a bit over a year old) is Orion because he is a mighty hunter ... of feather toys and jingle balls. Orion won't let us pet him (yet) but enjoys playing with us and has me trained to bring him food in the morning.

Finally, Houdini is a great escape artist. He really, really wants to get out the door. He has managed to get out of his collar (we still don't know where he left it; we had to get him a new one). And he managed to get into a hole in the ceiling (!) and go between the floors of our house. (He is a rescue cat, and the rescue agency called him Jimmy, after the cop who saved him, but that just wasn't right for our little baby.)

WillowSageheart
August 3rd, 2003, 10:51 PM
My dog is Sir Scruffy. The Sir because he is supposedly champion bloodline(haha) and the Scruffy, well because that is what he is. No matter what you do to fix him up, within minutes he is scruffy looking.

Our new kitten was named Honeykit because when we found her she was the color of honey and a kitten, so HoneyKit she is. When she ran away, my son asked that his MW id be honeykit so I couldn't say no... then she came back and my son is stuck with the name now too.

Flar's Freyja
August 4th, 2003, 12:31 AM
Flar took one look at the markings on one of our tuxedo's faces - a mustache that is a lot fatter and larger on one side than the other and immediately said, Groucho! It stuck because he looks like he's smoking a cigar.

My son adopted our orange tabby after finding him wandering around near his girlfriend's house and just kept calling him "Buddy." He answered to it, it fit him and so it is.

Pouncy got her name because she loved to pounce on things. Possum - well, because he looks like one with heart shaped gray markings and a long white nose with a pink tip. Squeak because she still sounds like she squeaks when she meows. We lost her litter mate years ago but her name was Screech for the same reason.

And Freyja for my patron goddess - but she's reallly Freyja's evil side - Gullveig.............

minx
August 4th, 2003, 02:47 AM
I've got 3 cats: Sofi, a calico persian, and Percy and Annie, the black twins :) Sofi was her name when I got her from the rescue centre, and Percy and Annie are short for Perseus and Andromeda, after the constellations :)

Bainidhe Dub
August 4th, 2003, 11:26 AM
My dad's dog, Tessa B., is Basset backwards I guess they ran out of names for her after naming the rest of the litter lol.

Custard was saved from being a "Noel" or "Chrissy" because she was born on Dec. 25th. Tessa's brother is Tubby, so I named her Tubby's Custard (from TeleTubbies) because Tubby loves her so much.

Merlin our youngest tiger just appeared one night last fall, and it stuck.

And Tigger is Tigger is Tigger. It just fits him lol.

~ Monk ~
August 4th, 2003, 03:13 PM
Before I took him in, Bobalou was originally named Lucy by someone on the golf course who loved Lucille Ball (orange hair). Once it was discovered that Lucy was most inappropriate :D, I decided to go with a play on the BaBaLu thing Ricky Ricardo used to sing.

Samela was named Samantha by her previous owner and it didn't seem fair to give her a totally new name. Samela is pretty close to her original name, and actually matches her personality a lot better.

Jigs is short for Gigalo - given because he seemed like such a stud when I first saw him. :lol:

My first cat was named Bones because she was always skinny.

Rae ShadowWolf
August 4th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Ashley... Well, she's a grey and silver cat. Which to me, when I got her, she looked like Ash. Then my Father said I should give her a different name (as my first grey cat was Smokey). So...Ashley. It stuck.

MoonDust
August 4th, 2003, 04:19 PM
:T
Originally her name was going to be FuzzButt, but everyone hated that one. :goodgrief
so my baby’s named after my favorite Disney character:
Ursula

LightDancer
August 4th, 2003, 09:55 PM
My little black kitty kind of named herself. When I picked her out of the litter, she looked into my eyes and the most melodious voice softly uttered "Isis" as her eyes met mine...so that is her name;). My husband's cat was raised feral, and when he first caught him he fought so hard to get out of the cat carrier, my husband was immediately reminded of Minsc, the beserker on Baldur's Gate, so he named him Minsc.:)

B*B
Jamie

SylverStar
August 4th, 2003, 11:09 PM
What ever strikes me. My gecko kind of looks like Smeagol and acts like him and it was just after I read the books that I got him.

lorhawks
August 5th, 2003, 03:58 AM
My four cats are Silly (who is very serious), Thomas (never doubtful about food), Raven (she's black), and Inari (one of my favorite kinds of sushi). Whimsical names for vain and whimsical creatures. I mean that in the nicest and most doting way ;)

The dogs both have stories. Kala, we got as a puppy. On my way to go pick her up I got into a car accident. My first ever accident. So her name is short for Kalamity. And she is a calamity.

Our second dog we rescued from a woman who got him from a rescue society. At the rescue society his name was "Beau," but the woman who adopted him renamed him "Dakota." Originally when we picked him up, we called him Kota. He's really not the brightest dog (but we love him despite the low IQ), and he never really answered to either name. The house we lived in at the time had really awful neighbors- extreme bigots, closed-minded bible-belt rednecks. My boyfriend thought it was really funny to stand out on the back porch and makin fun of them, holler for "Cooter" to come inside. The funny thing is that he answers to Cooter. So that's his name, and how we chose it. My theory is (remember he's been rescued at least twice) that you can't help but laugh, or at lest smile when you call your dog Cooter, and how many people do you know who beat their dog with a smile on their face?

My theory on naming pets is that they'll let you know what they want to be called, if only by acknowledging that you exist.

So actually their names are: Sil, T, Raven, Ini, Kala and Cooter.

DayDreamer
August 5th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Sonya is a himilayan. Dignified, and she just KNOWS she is the queen. The name sounded suitably royal.

Abby is short for Abracadabra... the magical kitty that walks through closed doors to be able to get onto my bed.

Then there is Marble. Named that because she rolls around like one. She's my roommate's cat... I tend to call her Kitten, or Looney. She's nuts. But she's a tortie, so we expect that :)

tas02715
August 7th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Hope this doesn't take too long!!!!! My orange tiger; PRECIOUS: she was so thin & precious @ the time. Now she's a chubby lump! Also from Gollum in the Hobbit. My hubby calls her "MY PRECIOUSSSS!!!"

My black Maine Coon mix; MOJO: magic & Mojo-Jojo.

My kitten(really hubby's) black & white tuxedo; BOO: has those scared eyes & the litle girl on Monsters Inc.

So as u can see I like unique names( & they're all from cartoons!!!) but I'll look @ the animal & whatever pops in my head. Sometimes I don't need to see them. I think it's whatever is in your heart.

Gareth
August 7th, 2003, 10:02 AM
Back in September 2002, we saw a stray kitten in our backyard. Cutest little thing, so small and still had blue eyes. We caught this ferrel kitty and he took to my wife right away. He's all gray, with 2 or 3 stripes on his tail.

Anyways his name is Mabon, for the day he came to us.
We actually caught him the day after Mabon, and has been a valued member of our family ever since. :)

DianaStormDancer
August 7th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Well my big guy Taz got his name because when he was a kitten he used to run in circles like theTazmanian Devil of cartoon fame......my Mommy cat Zoe is Zoe cause her brother is Elmo....and the kids named our black kitten shadow..cause they thought that would be cool if witchy Mommy had a black cat called Shadow.

Thistle
August 7th, 2003, 09:34 PM
I like to let my pets suggest a name for themselves, (even though they don't always get named that way.)
Chester got his name before he even got home. We got him from Petco on adoption day. I picked him up, he started purring immediately, and fell asleep on my chest.
Magpie is all black, and loves to carry things around and leave them in strange places.
Daisy was a stray kitten who kept climbing on a huge daisy bush I had.
Pearl got her name when hubby wanted to name her Spud because she's such a couch potato. My daughter was about 8 at the time, and said, "No! You're not naming my cat after a vegetable! Her name's Pearl!" And it stuck. (But sometimes we still call her Spuddy.)

JeweledNight
August 7th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Our dog's name is Samantha. My mom picked her up outside Safeway one day back when I was 6 years old (she's about 16 years old now). We named her Samantha after Elizabeth Montgomery's character on "Bewitched"! :bigredgri

Felidae
August 15th, 2003, 01:21 PM
My daughter chose our dog's name (Dru, after the crazed villain on Buffy. Since she's a Japanese Chin the name suits: she does bear a strange resemblance to Juliet Landau... I lengthened it for the AKC, so it's officially Drusilla's Sunshine. :lol:

Our black cat is a polydactyl, so she was stuck with Hex. :)

Our Tabby came ready-named as Patch.

Crystal_Raye
August 15th, 2003, 05:05 PM
My cat Neko Alexiel (we call her Neko for short) got her name because neko means cat in Japanese and I really liked the name Alexiel from Angel Sanctuary.

IvyCeltress
August 15th, 2003, 11:30 PM
My black cat was resecued from the local federal prison by the humane society. Even though he was already named Pretty Boy. I renamed him Avon, a character from the Brit cult show Blake's Seven who was was this extremely hot looking convicted computer hacker who favors black leather.

Flaire-FireStar
August 16th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Pest....

I don't know what you'd call a cat that climbed up the back of your leg while you're walking down the hall. :T But that sums her up. (I'm glad we relieved her of that particular habit!)

WynterWynd
August 16th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Darrin...he came with that name
Tigger....because he looks like one and acts like Tigger
Harley.......bacause at 2 weeks old he had a purr that you could hear rumbling across the room (like a Harley-Davidson)
Santy Claws......because I love the movie Nightmare Before Xmas and he is solid black with all black pearly claws
Shadow......what else are you going to name a grey cat:T
Jinx.......I dont know why....but boy does it fit him!
Wizard.....that just fit him fom birth. He had the forever chaning sex, he was a boy he was a girl he was a boy...well you get the idea;)
Bandit...because he had a beautiful mask and he stole stuff from the time he could walk away with it!
Trinity.......after the girl on the Matrix (Shadow is her brother, but he just never looked like a Neo)

BethieRose
August 16th, 2003, 06:50 PM
We have four cats. The first two were named by my dh before we were married...his parents were scared of what he'd name his kids! ;)

Stjarna (pronounced Share-nah) is Swedish for Stars. It's also the name of a Depeche Mode single and my dh is a huge depeche fan. She's our oldest and sweetest cat, imo.

Terpsichore is the Greek Muse of Dance. When she was kitten she used to "dance" everywhere. She's nicknamed "Terpie". She's our all black psycho cat! ;)

Echo is our daughter's cat. She's all gray, and used to follow us around everywhere, but we didn't want to call her Shadow. Echo seemed an interesting twist on it, and it's got a Greek background so fit nicely with Terpie's name.

Our youngest is Pumpkin. He's orange. Go figure! But he also found our family just before Samhain and it seemed extremely appropriate!

Nymph
August 18th, 2003, 02:17 AM
My Oscar fish's name is Hannibal. I named him that after watching him stalk some goldfish from behind a gargoyle statue! My other O was named Lecter, but he went to the big aquarium in the sky.

My cat Ebbers came to me with the name Ebony. He is just so cute! He actually listens to both names, plus Ebb, Ebbs, Ebby, and Ebeneezer (during the holidays). People joke that he is part dog because he follows me EVERYWHERE and comes whenever I call him, even if he's sleeping!

LadyAutumnCat
August 21st, 2003, 12:25 PM
Bolita (passed away) got the name because it means little marble in spanish, he got the name because not only was he the runt of the litter, he also rolled off the table like a tiny little marble. Consequently, he grew into medium dog stature and weighed 20lbs.

Calico/Callie-came named and she was so stressed we didn't want to change it, long story, sum it up like this. Weird guy, ad in paper, put to sleep, living in dark dirty cages in basement!!!! she is a Calico/Tabby

Tiger- Callie's brother or son was already named as well, same situation.
He's a gray tabby.

Shy Guy-was already named, we got him when we took Tiger to the vet. I was dying to have a tuxie cat (black and white) that when we saw him my boyfriend said we'll take him. He is sooo handsome and sweet, kind of shy with people, but great with other cats!!! He's raised 3 of our kittens and just loves to play, even in his senior years!!

Pookies- my boyfriend named her after his friend's ferret. We raised her from 4 weeks of age, we don't know how she ended up in a backyard, but she did. She's pretty sickly, has asthma/allergies and brain damage, possibly fell or thrown before we got her. She's the most difficult and aloof I'm sorry to say. She's a Norwegian forest cat mix/gray tabby.

Limpy-she's also a gray tabby that resembles a Bengal. She got her name because her front paw was injured when we rescued her from the Fire House, initially we went to rescue her mom, but she was nowhere to be found and Limpy obviously needed help. She is a WILD THING and no longer limps, but the name stuck. She hated every other name we thought of, but gave a pseudo smile when she heard Limpy.

Pecita - a long haired black and white angora mix (absolutely gorgeous cat) was named essentially after Bolita, I adopted her from a shelter 2 days after I got Bolita's ashes back. Pecita is little mole and it just fit her. She has some personality and MUST be treated like the most GORGEOUS thing in the world!!

Minnie- I rescued from my ex boss who was abusing her. My co worker named her, she is a solid black teenie tinie cat, 6lbs soaking wet and with such a spirit and personality. I spend about $3000 fixing her up and now she's completely healthy (knock on wood).

Poe-black and white short haired Canadian lynx hybrid (came to us from an out of state rescuer my boyfriend's coworker). He got his name because he has a perfect moustache, although it's white whereas Edgar Allen Poe's is black, he's still my POE!! He's my favorite poet.

Frost-he's obviously Poe's brother, he's also a black and white canadian lynx mix, but he doesn't have a full fledged moustache, he's got half a stache and a splotch. Since I named Poe, my sister came up with Frost. They are the not so gruesome twosome!!!

Maximus- is our only purebred he's a Ruddy Abyssinian. He was found dumped in a cat carrier in the woods by the specialists office that we were taking Pecita. The vet clinic tested him, dried him up, fed him and asked my boyfriend if he could take him. He feel in love at first sight and said of course. He's an absolute sweetie a typical Aby.

Then the dogs.
Diana (pronounced Deeanna)- she's a white german shepherd that was given to us by a rescuer when she was about 5 weeks old. My father named her after a childhood dog. She's my baby girl!!!

Oscar- a black and white Shih Tzu that I found wandering the streets lost, matted and hungry. My ex boss named him because he looked like and acted like Oscar the Grouch, believe me it fits!!

Ebony- she is a Doberman/Pitbull mix, she's mostly black with very pale brownish Dobie points. We found her with her throat cut lying by Diana. We rushed her to the vet, fixed her up and had to place her in a home, with our past neighbor. We then moved and kept in touch, his daughter called us 2 years later to tell us that the owner had become very senile and couldn't care for her anymore, so if we didn't take her she would go to the pound. My boyfriend rushed over and Ebony came back to us, it's where she belonged.

No more will be added to the menagerie!!!! They are a handful, but I love them all.

Flutterby_whispers
August 22nd, 2003, 01:53 AM
I'm not sure how I choose it .. I have just always been in love w/ malamutes and when I bought sebastian, the name just came to me when he was born and I picked him up .. it was almost as if he said to me "hi my name is sebastian" as that's what poped into my head when I held him for the first time.

RubyRose
August 22nd, 2003, 10:27 AM
Okay,

My dog, got his name Sasha because we were originally going to get a apricot toy poodle ...

And my rat, got her name Del, because my Fiancee perused a book and found that Del was Welsh and meant pretty

FlyingBear
September 1st, 2003, 01:42 PM
Let's see here........ * removes cat butt from keyboard*

My oldest is a long haired tortie named Angel. But she informed me a long time ago that Phooka suited her in a better way. I get all misty eyed about my girl so bare with me if I go on.
She's 13 now, her b-day is Easter. And man alive! Lemme tell you, living with an Aries cat has been an adventure. She's often referred to as " Queen of the Known Universe, and beyond" :fpraiseyo
She's been my constant companion thru being homeless, illness, unemployment, broken hearted and just pissed off. So wonderful to have at least one person in your life that has nothing but love for you...and alot of 'ttude ;)
Although this year, she's been showing her age. I can hear her joints creak and see how tired she gets now. My baby! :sadeyes:

Our middling boy is Silent. Named from 'The Black Company' by Glen Cook. He was a pound rescue, and hid under the couch for three months. He's a big boy tho! Very handsome in his gray and white with some lovely green eyes. He's surprisingly photogenic. Not totally sure about his age, maybe seven now?
Although he's a total ground pounder. Does not like to jump up or down anything higher than six inches. Not delicate, fast or sure footed, and just a big hairy nerve ending. But he likes to sleep on his back and then I hafta go over and kiss the belly because who can resist such cuteness?

Our youngster is Cleo.... *removes cat butt from key board*. She a shorted haired calio. Big huge pale eyes and such a flirt. She was a stray kitten from a local stray that we had keeping an eye on. My husband rescued her from rolling off the patio one evening and she just seemed to latch onto him.
She's the sleek racer who loves to thunder thu the apartment at 3am. Who would guess that such a small cat could sound like the entire invading mongol hordes? Silent adores her and they often box and chase one another around.

I'd love to have more but Angel has informed me that it won't be happening any time soon. WHich is fine, we'll have enough on our hands when the baby arrives. :)

lovemy1dane
September 3rd, 2003, 07:53 PM
We just named our newest little guy(blue great dane 1 month old) "Chaos" .He has kept all 4 of us very busy chasing after him. He is also into EVERYTHING!. I don't remember any of the others being this bad including the 2 legged children. :lol:

Saiya
September 3rd, 2003, 08:14 PM
I wanted a background for her tank (Leopard Gecko) so I put a drawing of a moose (I drew it last year in art) on there... so I named her Moose (thinking she was a boy at the time...)

CanisFirebrand
September 3rd, 2003, 08:36 PM
My 5 year old black lab took a while to name. We had had her for 2 weeks before a name hit us.
We got her when she was 8 weeks old, so the little bit of delay in a name didn't concern us or cause any problems. We were thinking of a name when we looked up at a big picture of Sydney, Australlia we had on the wall when we thought Sydney and the dog looked up, that was her name :)

For our 6 month old dalmation, we made a list of names and just wittled them down and picked between the remaining best names. We wanted a disticntive name for him and decided on a nice Irish name, Connor. :)

I don't mind what people name their pets, but I didn't want to have typical names such as Duke, King, Spot, etc. :)