PDA

View Full Version : The After Life

mysticwicks
February 10th, 2001, 12:12 AM
-- Posted by Rosabelle on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

does anyone believe in the Egyptian after life and the test which they do to every person before they are allowed into paradise??? or does everyone believe in re'encarnation or heaven. i don't know what i believe yet, i'm still finding my path.
Rosabelle

mysticwicks
February 10th, 2001, 12:12 AM
-- Posted by Verbena on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

Have you read any extracts from the book of the dead....?

mysticwicks
February 10th, 2001, 12:13 AM
-- Posted by Rosabelle on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

no.........why?

mysticwicks
-- Posted by Verbena on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

Take a look many intresting aspects are covered, It may be able to provide you with a few answers to the questions you have...

mysticwicks
-- Posted by Lyra on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

HI Rosabelle...I most definitly believe in the Egyptian afterlife...While in training we looked into the Egyptian book of the dead and how it effected the lives of those who believed in it..The most religious part of it is what is called the Negative confession..In it the person who wished to enter into the land of the dead recites a litany of all the things he did NOT do in his lifetime...Things such as
I (whoevr) never let the orphan go hungry...
Nor did I let the widow be cast out of her home..
I(whoever) did not weigh falsly to have anyone pay for more than is in the basket..
Nor did I allow the murderer to go unpunished even if he is my own flesh....
And things like that.....after his confession his heart was weighed against the feather of Maat or Truth...If it weighed more than the feather he was welcomed into the Kingdom of Osiris Lord of the Dead...If it weighed less than the feather an evil demon half lion half crocodile devoured your soul and you ceased to exist....It was enough to make ya think twice about doing bad things like our 3 fold law does today...
A story again...I had been given a wonderful brass ank as a gift one time...I had this ank thru a lot of life changes...When I was going in for my first time since childhood surgery I suddenly wanted to take this ank to the hospital with me..Once prepped for surgery I had my ex husband tape the ank to my hand...I felt that if I had it on me and I passed on it was a symbol of life and is worn by all who enter the land of the dead...The nurses tried several times to get me to untape it...But my surgeon was a Hindu and he asked me...What does that symbol mean to you...It is the symbol of life I said and if I pass on I will need it for it is my key to the life after death...Let her keep it...He yelled to the operating room staff..No one is to remove this important thing...he looked me deep in the eye just before I fell asleep...Do not worry i will see it is not taken from you..Bye...and i went to sleep..When I woke hours later in recovery there was the ank and a message in pen was written on the tape..".I kept my promise" was all it said...MA'AT

mysticwicks
-- Posted by semele on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

That if an excellent story. I know not many docs would do that. See it is good to practice tolorance for all religions and things we don't understand. There is a universal feeling of faith among vast different religions and this doc recognized this was important to you, as something of his would be to him. Cudos to him!
Semele

mysticwicks
February 10th, 2001, 12:14 AM
-- Posted by Litha on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

Lyra, that was lovely to hear that sharing of your experience. Being on an OR table is one of the most vulnerable things that can happen to anyone. What a blessing that this doc was so fab! I'm surprised that you got as far as the case room before they tried to separate you from your ankh, but happy to hear that it ended as it did.

mysticwicks
February 10th, 2001, 12:14 AM
-- Posted by Lyra on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

Hi folks...On the vein of life after death i looked in those old tomes of mine and came up with a pretty good copy of the negative confession...Bear with me as I am a two finger typist....lol
"the deceased stands before all the gods and addresses them in this manner...Hail thou whose strides are long,who comest forth from Heliopolis (Annu), I have not done iniquity.
Hail, thou who art embraced by flames,who cometh forth from Kher-aha, I have not robbed with violence.
Hail, thou divine nose (?breath), who comes forth from Hermopolis, I have not done violence to any man.
Hail, thou who eatest shades (ghosts)who comes forth from where the Nile riseth,I have not committed theft.
Hail Neha-hau, who comest forth from RE-stau, I have not slain man nor woman.
Hail thou double lion god,who cometh forth from heaven, I have not made light the bushel.
Hail thou whose two eyes are like flint, who comest forth from Sekhem, I have not acted deceitfully.
Hail, thou Flame, who comest forth as (thou) goest back,I have not purloined the things which belong unto the gods.
Hail, thou crushe rof bones, who cometh forth from Hera-cleopolis,I have not uttered falsehood.
Hail, thou who makes the flame to wax strong, who cometh forth from Memphis, I have not carried away (stole) food.
Hail, Qerti (the two sources of the nile)who comest forth Amentet,I have not uttered evil words.
Hail, thou whose teeth shine,who comest forth from the Fayyum, I have attacked no man.
Hail, thou who dost consume blood,who comest forth from the house of slaughter, I have not killed the beasts which belong to the gods.
Hail, thou who dost consume the entrails
(organs),who cometh forth from the mabet (burial) chamber,I have not acted deceitfully.
Hail, thou god of light and truth, who comes forth from the city of Ma'at, I have not lain waste the lands that have been ploughed.
Hail, thou who goest backwards, who cometh forth from the city of Bast, I have never pried into matters to make mischief,
Hail, Aati, who comest forth from Heliopolis, I have not set my mouth in motion against any man.
Hail, thou who art doubly evil, who comest forth from the nome of Ati, I have not given way to wrath concerning myself without a cause.
Hail, thou serpent Uamenti, who cometh forth from the house of slaughter, I have not defiled the wife of a man.
Hail, thou who lookest upon what is brought to him, who comest from the temple,I have not committed any sin against purity.
Hail, Cheif of the divine Princes, who comest forth from the city of Nehatu, I have not struck fear into any man.
Hail, Khemi the destroyer,who comest forth from the Lake of Kaul, I have not encroached upon sacred times and seasons.
H ail, thou who orderest speech, who comes forth from Urit, I have not been a man of anger.
Hail, thou Child, who comest forth from the Lake of Heq-at, I have not made myself deaf to the words of right and truth.
Hail, thou disposer of speech, who comest forth from the city of Unes, I have not stirred up strife.
Hail, Basti, who cometh forth from the Secret city,I have made no man to weep.
Hail,thou whose faceis turned backwards,who comes forth from the Dwelling,I have not committed acts of impurity.
Hail,Leg of fire, who comes forth from Akheekhu, I have not eaten my heart.
Hail, Kenemti.who cometh forth from the city of Kenemet, I have abused no man.
Hail, thou who bringest thine offering, who comest forth from the city of Sau,I have not acted with a violence.
Hail, thou lord of faces, who comest forth from the city of Tcheffet, I have not judged hastily.
Hail, Thou who givest knowledge,who comes forth from Unth, I have not Taken vengence upon the god.
Hail, thou lord of two horns, who comest forth from Satiu, I have not multiplied my speech over much.
Hail, Nefer-Tem, who comest forth from Het-ka-Ptah,
i have not acted with deciet and have not worked wickedness.
Hail, Tem-Sep, who comest forth from Tattu, I have not uttered curses on the king.
hail, thou whose heart doth labour, who comest forth from the city of Tebti, I have not fouled the waters(wells).
Hail, Ahi of thev waters, who comes forth from Nu,I have not made haughty my voice.
Hail, thou who givest commands to mankind, who comest forth from Sau, I have not cursed the gods.
Hail, Neheb-kau, who comest firth from the city, I have not saught for distinctions.
Hail Neheb-nefert,who comest forth from the Lake of Nefer, I have not behaved with insolence.
Hail, thou whose head is holy, who comest forth from thy habitation, I have not increasedmy wealth, exceptwith such things as are my own possesions.
Hail, thou who brings thine own arm, who comest forth from the underworld, I have not thought scorn of the god who is in my city.
WheW!!!..Any comments..
Hugs,
Lyra

mysticwicks
February 10th, 2001, 12:15 AM
-- Posted by atlantis on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

must have taken you a long time to write that. ros i believe one life leades onto another so really that's reincarnation since i'm a bud and all

mysticwicks
February 10th, 2001, 12:15 AM
-- Posted by Shatav on 7:00 pm on Dec. 31, 1969

I have always loved the negative confession. Good words to live by. I'm also partial to the writings of Ankhsheshonq for the same reason.