PDA

View Full Version : Meet Jules!!

JeweledNight
August 15th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Well, my family and I just couldn't stand not having a dog roaming around the house to play with. It's not that we wanted another Samantha or a "replacement" for her, we just wanted a new pet to share new experiences with...something different.

The county's Animal Control center and shelter was generous and kind and did not charge us to have Samantha put to sleep, so to give back and say "thanks", I went out there to the shelter yesterday after work and adopted this little girl, Jules.

She was Pet of the Week last week in the newspaper, but no one had adopted her! I actually saw her online at the shelter's website and fell in love. I had to rush over and get her because they don't hold pets for prospective owners (too many don't follow through and the pet misses out on getting a home) and we didn't want to lose her. She's a Terrier/Shepherd cross and is 1 year old. She is the sweetest, most playful little thing!

We already love her very much and we feel it was a great way to honor Samantha by adopting an animal from the same shelter that was so generous in ending her suffering.

This photo is the one that we saw online at the shelter's website. I've tried to get a new photo, but she's roaming around the house all the time and hasn't sat still long enough! :lol: She's black with light brown spots and paws.

Amethyst Rose
August 15th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Ahh, she's a sweetie pie :) And what ears! I'm sure she'll love being with you.

~ Monk ~
August 15th, 2003, 11:49 AM
She's a cutie. Congratulations!

JeweledNight
August 15th, 2003, 12:14 PM
:lol: I knew it! Once I posted that stuff about her not sitting still long enough to get a new pic, this happens!

She's resting on my bed :)

Old Witch
August 15th, 2003, 01:07 PM
What a gorgeous girl..........

amathera
August 15th, 2003, 02:43 PM
She is adorable!!!

Semele
August 15th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Congrats! She is cute!

Felidae
August 15th, 2003, 03:25 PM
She's beautiful!
I know what you mean as far as the wandering around though; they seem so delighted to stretch and roam after getting out of the cage.