PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly

LadyOak
August 18th, 2003, 02:35 PM
I don't know if this belongs in here....
I was repotting a plant yesterday and a Dragonfly landed on my hand. It stayed for about a minute or so and then took off. It was so cool I could see(sort of) its head moving and the eyes were greenish/blueish. It let me touch one of it's wings before it flew off. It wasn't afraid of me. I am still kicking myself for not having my reading glasses!!!!!

WtchyChick13
August 21st, 2003, 11:58 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Dragonflies are my totems. :D

Two years ago I had an encounter with one that lasted (no joke) 45 minutes! The two of us just sat and studied each other and while normally I would be incredibly freaked out by something so large, this was so beautiful I was awestruck. :)

Ever since then, I find that I'm followed by them constantly. I took a small boatride on a creek last year and a small dragonfly flew next to my arm for the entire trip both up and back.

The coolest was just a couple of weeks ago I noticed that two of them were just flying around the top of the tree and showed up every day at the same time for about 4 days.

One nite I went out to throw the garbage into the dumpster, on my way back I noticed the dragonflies. I looked up and watched them for a bit. Suddenly, one of them came down to my face, hovered there for a second and then "kissed" my forehead before it flew up...joined the second one and flew over the roof of my house!!!!!

I've never seen them again and have been in awe ever since.

It really was the most magickal experience. :)

Flutterby_whispers
August 22nd, 2003, 01:48 AM
How wonderful! Aren't they beautiful? Intersting that you started this thread as I was comming here to post something similar!

Me and a few friends were sitting in my living room this weekend, working on a BEAUTIFUL quilt for a friend of ours that's having her hand fasting on 9/8 .. when I looked in my backyard right as a brilliant blue dragonfly flew into the home .. he hung around for a minute, checking things out as we stared at him and then he flew outside again .. A few minutes later he came back in, checked things out ~ my boys were just tickled over it .. giggled and kept pointing and saying LOOK! w/ their big blue eyes lol The DF flew out again .. then a few minutes later he was back .. He ventured up our stairs and flew into each room of our house (we followed him around lol quietly) and then finally ending in our office he flew out the window and never came back.

They are so interesting lol

Tarbh Nathroch
August 22nd, 2003, 06:46 AM
Dragonflies are the best bugs ever. I canít go anywhere with out one, donít know why. Rarely will one not land on me and stay 10 min or more. I feed them by hand, try it. Any bug will do. The best dragonfly story I have isÖTwo years ago the coven that my wife and I attend was having a big meet. During the circle casting and ritual they showed up just at that moment when everyone was awestruck by the power of the gods and how well the ritual went to attract so many magical creatures. They still talk about it to this day. Only confiding in my wife, I didnít have the heart to tell them it was the mosquitoes that brought the dragonflies. I just agree with the mystery part when itís talked about. My house is full of dragonfly themed items. My back is a tattoo of a dragonfly. I wish my beliefs had animal totems. Dragonfly would be it. So they are just friends.

LadyOak
August 24th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Thanks for sharing! I agree they are the most amazing bug there is!!!
They are so gentle and courageous.

jcldragon
August 24th, 2003, 10:36 AM
Back in the 70s, I was telling a girlfriend about how dragonflies eat mosquito larvae. She looked at the dragonfly near us, & asked it, if this was true. That was when the dragonfly nodded his head...

WtchyChick13
August 26th, 2003, 12:15 AM
You guys are going to LOVE this!!!!

This past Sat. I went to my first Ren. Faire. Well, of course there were dragonfly items everywhere, however, I was followed by every single dragonfly there was at this thing! It got to the point where my mom started to notice it as well and would say something like, "there's one of your friends again." :lol:

Well, when we left the shuttle bus dropped us off into the parking lot which wasn't exactly laid out the best. All you saw were folks wandering aimlessly trying to find their cars. Us included.

Over an hour passed and there we were still trying to find the @#$#^ car. We had split up right away but still, couldn't figure out what the hell was going on.

Finally, I said out loud, "ok friends. You guys have been with me all day and I really need your guidence now. Please, help me find the car so I can get out of the heat and sun." (I had gotten really burned during the day.)

With those words barely out of my mouth...TWO dragonflies came down in front of me and criss-crossed back and forth guiding me as I walked. I didn't even look at the cars, I was so hypnotized by their beauty and watching them dance on the wind.

They suddenly stopped their dance and hovered in front of me for a moment. I looked up and noticed that I was standing in front of our car. I thanked them for their help and with that, they flew away!

It was absolutely incredible.

When my mother finally saw me standing on top of the car waving a program around so that she could see me, it was a matter of moments before we were on our way.

She had told me that she was actually in the row where our car was at one point, but thought she had gone too far and headed back. When I told her what happened, she said, "pays to be friends with the flying-folk eh???" :lol:

Oh and I never mentioned this before (shameless plug) but if you go to my site, (link in my sig) I opened up a shop on there dedicated to dragonflies. (More stuff coming.) :lol: :D

LadyOak
August 26th, 2003, 08:24 AM
AWSOME!!!!!! Thanks for sharing that!!