PDA

View Full Version : Insomniac Infant..

MysticMoonQueen
August 25th, 2003, 12:44 AM
...Anyone else have one of those?? This is the third time the weeest (i don't think thas a word) of my wee folk has woke up tonight.. He's not sick... I think he's just waking up and missing mommy.. anywayz i don't really know if there was supposed to be a pont to this thread, but i'm tired, so please pardon my ramblings... heh

RhiannynWildseed
August 25th, 2003, 12:53 AM
How old is your little one? My son is four and still wakes up in the middle of the night and climbs in bed with mommy and daddy. It's so annoying because he definitely takes up more than his share of the bed! :) But I don't think it's uncommon.

Rhiannyn

Devin
August 25th, 2003, 12:54 AM
How old is the child? Could it be nightmares, teething, or something like that?

Leslie

MysticMoonQueen
August 25th, 2003, 12:57 AM
He's almost 8 months old.. Within the past two weeks we have moved him from our bed to his crib.. i think he's still missing sleeping in mommy's arms.. :)

My 2 year old likes to wake me up before dawn, so i'm craving sleep.. heh

Devin
August 25th, 2003, 12:59 AM
Change of sleeping arrangements could be the problem. My almost 9 month old goddaughter is teething and wakes up at night because of it. I hope your baby gets used to the change soon and lets you get some sleep.

Leslie

MysticMoonQueen
August 25th, 2003, 01:04 AM
Thanks Devin.. :) He fell back to sleep again..

It never fails.. He wakes up, cries and cries if I'm not standing right there.. and as soon as I pick him up, he stops and falls asleep again.. Cute little guy.. He's even cuter when Mommy's had a full night's rest.. :)

Kimberlily
August 25th, 2003, 02:19 AM
My daughter woke frequently when teething, especiall with the first few teeth, and the molars.

MysticMoonQueen
August 25th, 2003, 10:39 AM
I'm beginning to think it IS teething.. which sounds about right given his age.. He woke up again, I was so tired I brought him to bed with me, but he wouldn't go back to sleep like he usually does... Poor little guy..

Any tried and true methods to help his little gums?? Baby Orajel/Anbesol just makes him mad and he cries MORE!!

IvyCeltress
August 25th, 2003, 12:06 PM
If I remeber from a friend's baby teething days, you can get teething rings that you can freeze which helps with the inflamation.

Flutterby_whispers
August 25th, 2003, 12:48 PM
My twins did this when they went from our bed to their own crib, and it was even by their choice. I just think they need the reassurance that mommy is still there :)

Hylands teething tablets worked really well for us, so did frozen bagels, frozen pickles and so on lol There is also a nightime baby orajel that is medicated/stronger for the nighttime teething as that seems to be when it's at it's worse for a lot of kids due to them laying their head down ~ although if you nurse don't put it on until after your done nursing .. all I gottta saw is YEWWOOCCHH lol

My 4.5 year old still likes to come in and cuddle w/ us every now n' again, I usually give him hugs and then take him back to his room. It's gotten a lot easier now that the twins are out of their crib and they all share a bed. Their like little puppies lol

Grey
August 25th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Many children dont start sleepin all the way through the night tell there over a year, its nothing to worry about though inconveniate it may be. A warm full belly can help, is your baby weened? Im told givin it a passifier type can help, something to do when it wakes up though if its stinky... theres no hope.

best of luck to ye and your baby!

Autumn
August 26th, 2003, 12:25 AM
hugs to you and baby, nightwaking is normal!

If you are still nursing that is thne best cure...otherwise you might think about baby tylenol if he hates the ambesol that much...ambesol tastes kinda gross though

MysticMoonQueen
August 27th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks for all the helpful advice.. :) He is weaned (long story).. I bought the teething tablets and I was amazed at how quickly he stopped crying.. :)

Flutterby_whispers
August 28th, 2003, 02:35 AM
The hylands? If so that's awsome ~ I swear by them :) I love the hylands products.

Semele
August 28th, 2003, 11:16 AM
Yup those tablets are great! Also, and I hate to be the one to say it because we dismissed this advice with Trey..but to go in and keep picking them up just reinforces that they are winning so to speak and it is best to try and let them fall back to sleep on their own. Provided of course that you make sure they don't need anything, like food, diaper or medicine. Training a baby to sleep in their own bed can be hard..we had a nightmare of a time with Trey, but Trinity was easy.

Good luck!

MysticMoonQueen
August 28th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Flutterby.. Yah it was the Hyland's.. I saw the little pamphlet in the box and was amazed at all of their products! Even some for babies' earaches! :)

Semele.. we had a bit of a problem with our daughter about sleeping through the night.. The doctors insisted we let her cry it out.. But we also had a malevolent entity that appeared to myself and our daughter, so I was always running to her.. I think her problem was her fear of him.. With our other son, he had some VERY BAD reflux.

This was our first time sharing our bed with one of our children. It was just easier while I was breastfeeding. We tried letting him fall asleep on his own last night and he screamed so hard, so loud and for so long, I sent DH to get him and put him to sleep.

purple pixie
August 31st, 2003, 06:17 AM
Mysticmoonqueen

Both of my children were wakeful. I found it helpful to keep a copy of 'Toddler Taming' by "Dr Christopher Green" to hand. It doesn't have all the answers, but reinforces that you can be doing all of 'the right things', and still be back at square one!

My Two are now 6yrs and 4yrs. They usuall awake around 6am!! regardless of bed times.

You are not alone in having a wakeful babe!! I can remember those days with clarity!

BB

Purple Pixie