PDA

View Full Version : My son and I had a wonderful conversation...

reanna
June 13th, 2001, 03:02 AM
It touched me and I thought I would share.

Last Thursday night, I decided we would all grab subway and head down to White Rock to dine on the beach. The tide was in, but that didn't stop us from heading down the rock wall to the water's edge to investigate and find treasured from the Earth. My DD found some wonderful pieces of driftwood that will make excellent wands. :) Sea shells and beautiful stones were only the beginning of our bounty.

Anyway, my DS asked me why there was salt in the oceans. I explained to him that the earth makes the salt.
Then, I tried to explain in a friendly way to get him to understand why it is so important that we take care of the earth and all of it's inhabitants.
" Well son, salt is the best cleanser and purifier there is. Mother Earth makes salt and I like to think that she puts it into the oceans to help purify and cleanse the damage that humans do to the Earth and the Oceans. However, she can't quite keep up with the demand, which is why it is so important that we help by taking good care of her."
He says to me: "But she won't stop trying will she Momma, because she is a Mommy and Mommy's never stop trying or caring about their children"
I almost cried. It was one of the sweetest sentiments I have heard in awhile and because it came from the mouths of babes, it meant all the more.

I know it is really sappy, but awwwwww.
Thx in advance for letting me share.

Anyone else have any wonderful stories to share about your children or children you know??? C'mon, let's have a sappy thread. :D:D:D

Yvonne Belisle
June 13th, 2001, 06:43 AM
How beautiful. I'm gone all day and I return to something this wonderful thank you!

Faery-Wings
June 13th, 2001, 07:23 AM
That was beautiful! Doesn't that make you all tingly inside when you see the child you are raising showing such wisdom and caring towards Our Mother Earth? Makes me think there is much hope for the future. And don't forget, you take some credit for instilling this kindness in him :)

Hmmm, I can't think of anything sappy that my kids have said, but my son says good Pagan stuff all of the time. I am sure I will think of something today.

BB

Chris

Lilu
June 13th, 2001, 08:03 AM
Wow! That's totally wonderful :) We can only all aspire to putting that kind of inspiration in our children.

I don't have any children yet, and the one baby in my life can't talk yet, so no stories from me :)

BB
Lilu

reanna
June 13th, 2001, 05:30 PM
Yvonne, Cryssi and lilu.......

Big hugs to you all!!
:):):):)

Dria El
June 13th, 2001, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by reanna
It touched me and I thought I would share.

Last Thursday night, I decided we would all grab subway and head down to White Rock to dine on the beach. The tide was in, but that didn't stop us from heading down the rock wall to the water's edge to investigate and find treasured from the Earth. My DD found some wonderful pieces of driftwood that will make excellent wands. :) Sea shells and beautiful stones were only the beginning of our bounty.

Anyway, my DS asked me why there was salt in the oceans. I explained to him that the earth makes the salt.
Then, I tried to explain in a friendly way to get him to understand why it is so important that we take care of the earth and all of it's inhabitants.
" Well son, salt is the best cleanser and purifier there is. Mother Earth makes salt and I like to think that she puts it into the oceans to help purify and cleanse the damage that humans do to the Earth and the Oceans. However, she can't quite keep up with the demand, which is why it is so important that we help by taking good care of her."
He says to me: "But she won't stop trying will she Momma, because she is a Mommy and Mommy's never stop trying or caring about their children"
I almost cried. It was one of the sweetest sentiments I have heard in awhile and because it came from the mouths of babes, it meant all the more.

I know it is really sappy, but awwwwww.
Thx in advance for letting me share.

Anyone else have any wonderful stories to share about your children or children you know??? C'mon, let's have a sappy thread. :D:D:D

What a wonderful child!!! You must be SOOO proud!!! :) :) :)

Faery-Wings
June 14th, 2001, 04:00 PM
This is nowheres a sweet as Reanna's son though.

I picked up Scott from preschool today. He sees me and bursts into tears. Apparently a boy in his class was killing ants on the playground and told Scott he liked killing them. Scott was so upset that someone could enjoy killing anything, even just an ant. He kept saying to me, "I told him over and over that it is not nice to kill anything and he wouldn't listen!"

Poor kid was just so sad about the loss of these ants- hey, they are creatures of the Goddess!
I do worry about him because he is so sensitive. And then he chases me around the house pretending he is a T Rex, so I guess it will all balance out :D

Chris

reanna
June 15th, 2001, 12:44 AM
Chryssi.....
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! How sweet!!!!
Such a tender son!! What a Big huggable sweetie!!!

Give him a big squeeze from us!! Actually, give both of them a big squeeze from us!!!:):):)

Masquerader8
June 15th, 2001, 01:18 AM
How blessed you are to have such bringers of joy amoung you. :elf:

reanna
June 15th, 2001, 02:18 AM
Masquerader8

Welcome to Mystic Wicks!!!!! :):):):):):):)

Yvonne Belisle
June 15th, 2001, 03:15 AM
Welcome to Mystic Wicks. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Dria El
June 15th, 2001, 04:14 AM
Welcome to Mystic Wicks Masquerader8!!! Glad to see you made it!

Masquerader8
June 15th, 2001, 04:13 PM
gee, I feel loved...
The little Elf:elf:

Ellegon
June 15th, 2001, 07:27 PM
Welcome Maquerader8!

Elle )0(

Faery-Wings
June 16th, 2001, 07:38 AM
Welcome Masquerader8 :)

Do you have kids too? Hope to see you around the bds.

Chris

rantnraven
June 16th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Welcome Masquerader8.

I too have a story to share.

I have no children and the story is of a very young RnR (10 to be exact).

My dad had given me a Daisy BB gun for my b-day that year. The gun was awfull - every time I fired it directly and a target, the BB would go either left or right. It was never true. You see my dad was the "great white hunter" and I was to be just like him.

On Thanksgiving day, I was sitting on the porch of a distant relatives house "plinking" (shooting) at things - cans, pieces of wood, what-not - when along came a Hummingbird. What a challange!:(

I knew the gun was not true so, as it hovered, I took direct aim and fired, knowing that it would not be hit.

I killed it and I wept. Dinner was being serve at the time but I couldn't eat - I had taken a life and felt unworthy of giving Thanks.

That was the worst day of my life and, after burying the Hummingbird, I prayed and offered the gun back to my dad. He was disappointed and I have never hunted since.

All life has a purpose on this earth - this was a senseless killing.

Perhaps that was the inspiration of the Hummingbird becoming my power animal. I believe that I am forgiven.

Blessings to all,
RnR