PDA

View Full Version : And Once again, I'm an idiot.

FaerySong
August 28th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Yes, there was this kitten, and I brought it home today. I knew I couldn't keep it but I still did. It's adorable, exactly what I wanted in a kitten- but of course, Zeus hates it. Parents are saying no. This kitten got attached to me and I have to go give it to the vet/shelter as soon as my parents get home. I am such an idiot, and since this is dealing with a little baby animal, it goes here, since we don't have an "Wow I'm stupid" thread. I feel really bad too. :wah:

lovemy1dane
August 28th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Aww! You poor thing! No way you can keep the little one? Maybe try putting an ad in the paper if you cannot keep it.

MzNeko
August 28th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Nah, you're not an idiot, just kindhearted (though sometimes the two can be confused :) ).

I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but since it IS an adorable kitten, the little thing stands a pretty good chance at being adopted, certainly better than an adult animal. Even if you can't keep it, you've saved it from starving on the street, or being hit by a car, or killed by a dog, or tormented by mean people.

:rubhead:

zakzekezedd
September 2nd, 2003, 11:37 PM
hmm, my most recent bout of "soft headedness" (oops! soft heartedness) is sleeping on my lap. Apparently, something happened to the Momma cat and the "big sisters" took it upon themselves to leave baby brother and sister on my porch. Sister has a nice home with three big brothers (2 feline and one 4 year old)..

Flar's Freyja
September 3rd, 2003, 01:23 AM
*peers down nose over glasses* Yes, my dear, you have a severe case of cattachment disorder and the prescription is to futilely attempt to harden your heart.....

I just went through a horrendous experience with a stray cat, but I don't regret it. I'm now thinking about fostering for the Humane Society but that may not work since Groucho absolutely hates other cats and Freyja is just now adjusting to the move after seven months......and all six of my babies were rescues, so I've more than done my part, don't you think? :rolleyes:

I'll send energy that you do get the kitten into a shelter where it will be spayed or neutered and for your heart to heal. Old Witch recently said to me that it's both terrible and wonderful how these little creatures can so quicky capture our hearts.