PDA

View Full Version : Men and Women in the Armed Forces

cydira
August 28th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Folks, it's rough for the military where ever they're stationed. Even more so for those who are in combat zones.

Please, say a small prayer for their safety, if you can.

Also, if you're able to, write a small note of encouragement, hope, or just about the silly stuff going on around your home town. Drop it off at the local recruiter's office with instructions for them to deliver it to the troops.

I'm doing that here in my neck of the woods and the Marines are delighted by it. Maeby if a few more of us do it, then folks stationed out across the world will feel that home's a bit closer to 'em. And maeby even get a little comfort when they're anxious or scared by knowing that they've got folks who care and support them back here.

Thanks! Blessings to you and yours. Let's keep these guys in our hearts. It's not done yet for 'em and they need us to support them.

:)

Flar's Freyja
August 29th, 2003, 01:13 AM
Thanks for this, I sometimes think that we've forgotten that our men and women are still in serious danger.

My prayers go out to them always, and I just offered a military discount to a new client who's waiting to be deployed any day now.

Flutterby_whispers
August 30th, 2003, 03:15 AM
I pray daily for them and light a white candle ~ I have two very close childhood buddies over there, both in the special forces and a dear friend (starpixies husband) who is an MP and over in germany.

It is so hard, and yes so easy to forget when your not reminded daily, so I too thank you for this thread ~ they can never get enough prayers and candles.

Prizm
August 30th, 2003, 08:08 AM
So, the recruiting stations just send the letters out? Do they have a list of soldiers needing letters or what? Would they also send care packages like cookies, etc? Done deal! Blessings and prayers to all of them!!! They deserve it!

cydira
August 31st, 2003, 09:32 PM
I'm not sure about the ones where you are, but the one up here where I am will send the letters out to 'em. I'd have to ask about the care packages.

I think the redcross is still collecting for the care packages to go to the troops also.

Can't hurt to ask, though! :)

cydira
September 16th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Folks, just a friendly reminder to keep these brave souls in your thoughts and hearts.

I spoke with the Marine Corps. recruiter here in my town, he said that dropping off a few letters for them to send overseas would be great. Care packages should be sent through the Red Cross. He also said that the other branches of the military would be more then happy to assist in getting messages of hope, comfort, and good will to the folks out there too.

If you've sent out some letters as I did, thank you very much. Please, try to send a few more when you can. I'll be sending on a once a month basis.

Let's keep 'em in our hearts and pray they come home soon.

Joshua
September 16th, 2003, 07:59 PM
This thread warms my heart. I've been in the Army for 8 1/2 years and have served with several fellow pagans. You all are suporting all military members and let me tell you, it's very appreciated. It's always gratifying to see this kind of support. Blessings and thanks to you all!

VelvetBlade
September 16th, 2003, 08:20 PM
Folks, just a friendly reminder to keep these brave souls in your thoughts and hearts.

I spoke with the Marine Corps. recruiter here in my town, he said that dropping off a few letters for them to send overseas would be great. Care packages should be sent through the Red Cross. He also said that the other branches of the military would be more then happy to assist in getting messages of hope, comfort, and good will to the folks out there too.

If you've sent out some letters as I did, thank you very much. Please, try to send a few more when you can. I'll be sending on a once a month basis.

Let's keep 'em in our hearts and pray they come home soon.
I'm not sure if the Red Cross is accepting care packages addressed TO ANY SOLDIER...if you can, try to get a specific soldier's name to send one to.

~AW

DanuMoonrunner
September 16th, 2003, 09:00 PM
There is always a candle lit in my house for our soldiers. My stepson is in the Air Force and most of the time, we don't know where. It's nice to know people care!

Pesha
September 17th, 2003, 02:13 PM
I am a former Army person. i served as a nurse in Viet Nam. I daily send energies and love to our men and women in the armed forces. I may not agree with the why of being where they are, but my love for them is there. Energies sent now and always.

BB
DS...also known as...

Athena-Nadine
September 17th, 2003, 04:42 PM
I send energy out all day, every day, to the men and women in combat situations. My brother is in Iraq, and will be until the end of March. By the time he gets home, he'll have spent a year there. He missed his first wedding anniversary this year, and may miss his second if his return orders get rescinded again. :(