PDA

View Full Version : AD: Oy! My Goddess!

Pages : [1] 2

Flar's Freyja
September 3rd, 2003, 12:47 PM
I posted a kind of trial run in the Arts and Crafts forum to assess whether there might be an interest in these: Goddess Sculptures (http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=31132)

The feedback was positive, so I'm starting a thread here. I've made several more in the past few days and will post pics as soon as I finish up the roll. I also just completed a blessing bowl based on intuition and intent of the buyer and am quite pleased with the way she turned out. I also just completed one in runic stadha (yoga) - Dagaz.

Flar made the Creation goddess and I made one similar to it in the spiral goddess style.

Small figures (2 - 3") are $10.00 and the larger ones (4 - 5") are $18.00. I still need to check into the mailing costs. They are made from polyform clay and are quite fragile, so sturdy packing is critical. I'm not set up for PayPal or credit cards so money orders will be fine and payment plans are acceptable.

One of the purposes in making these was to serve those who do not have pagan stores in their area and who cannot afford catalog prices. Sacred Source is quite reasonable but many of their figures are machine-cast. My girls are all completely handcrafted and no two will ever be exactly alike - in fact, some of them do not end up looking as I intended at all but I'm pleased with the end result. The figures are primitive-art style and have lumps, bumps and imperfections just like we do!

Every piece is also charged with Reiki.

So - if you would like to order one, you may ask for a specific style or color based on the pictures or just tell me what you will be using her for and what you would like her to represent for you.

Colors: White, Terracotta, Basics (red, yellow, blue, black, etc.) The Granitex clay (looks like stone when fired) comes in brown, black, green, turquoise, violet and pink. I have not been able to find out where I can get the Granitex in larger quantities than the small individual blocks and am waiting for a response from The Clay Factory.

You can also paint the clay to your own liking, if desired.

These also do not stand up to heat or fire but I do plan to do some research on how I can make some that do in the future and will also be experimenting with jewelry pieces.

I can also do runes but won't compete with my kinsman :loveduv: in that area!

VelvetBlade
September 3rd, 2003, 01:03 PM
these are beautiful Freyja....

~AW

Faery-Wings
September 3rd, 2003, 01:05 PM
I can't wait toget mine!!!!!

Flar's Freyja
September 3rd, 2003, 01:10 PM
I can't wait til you get it and get your feedback also, since you ordered it sight-unseen! I really enjoyed making it, and as I told you, it seems that little Freyja is my sculpting familiar - so the pieces also have feline energy, folks :T

I hadn't made any for a few weeks and noticed that I need to stay in practice, since they do tend to get better as I go along.

I forgot to say that you can either PM me or post your request here, whatever's easiest.

VelvetBlade
September 3rd, 2003, 01:12 PM
Can we request your rendition of a specific goddess?

~AW

Flar's Freyja
September 3rd, 2003, 01:16 PM

~AW

Well........as you can see, I don't do detail real well, but I can do a representation with Her specific qualities, colors, etc., if that makes sense.

My first attempt at Bast turned out to be a cute little kitty cat! But the next one will be a cat's head on the goddess body.

The other night I was fooling around trying to use up the pink Granitex that I don't really think anyone will want and tried to make a figure in yoga cobra pose - she fell down on her face in the oven and turned out in the most awesome position as a dancing goddess! I'm not sure I can do it again since it was an accident :(

Flar's Freyja
September 7th, 2003, 02:08 AM

~AW

In thinking more about this - if you truly mean "my" rendition of a specific goddess - yes! She just may not look like the standard version, but she would definitely be my interpretation.

Again - each piece is charged with Reiki. Sometimes the Reiki energy is so hot that the clay gets too soft and sticky and I have to put it down and let it rest.

Flar's Freyja
September 11th, 2003, 11:38 AM
While shipping out a goddess this morning, I had an idea. A while back I was doing some fundraising for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation through a place called CF Solutions, an agency which provides nursing care, medicine and equipment to those with CF that is not covered by insurance and for those with no insurance. I still have around 70 pins to get rid of.

These pins are gold plated and have several different designs - a shooting star with a rainbow and a chld's handprint are mostly what I have left. The pins were selling for $2.00 each.

Until they are gone, I will include a pin and $2.00 of the purchase price will go to CF Solutions. After the pins are gone, I will continue to make that donation.

:heartthro

Kaylara
September 11th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Hey... I've been meaning to get a few of these off of you... Do you have a paypal thingy or would you rather I send a check?

Flar's Freyja
September 13th, 2003, 10:27 PM
Hey... I've been meaning to get a few of these off of you...

:heartthro That phrase (off of you) makes me soooooo homesick!

~*Ginger*~
September 18th, 2003, 10:29 AM
I just wanted to let you all know that I recieved 2 of the Goddess Dolls in a trade with Freyja, and I just love them, (thanks Freyja) ;)

I was so thrilled when I recieved my package, after moving and having everything packed and barely knowing where things are, it was a real treat to open these up.

I saved them for a time when I was alone and it was quite, and I can tell you these little dolls are so very full of the love and energy that was taken to make them.
I covered with goose bumps and just quiet nearly cried the spirit was so very strong!

Now I'll be wanting me a "Blessing Bowl"

Well ya'll take care, I'll be back as soon as I can!
Hugs all around!

Flar's Freyja
September 18th, 2003, 11:55 PM
I just wanted to let you all know that I recieved 2 of the Goddess Dolls in a trade with Freyja, and I just love them, (thanks Freyja) ;)

I was so thrilled when I recieved my package, after moving and having everything packed and barely knowing where things are, it was a real treat to open these up.

I saved them for a time when I was alone and it was quite, and I can tell you these little dolls are so very full of the love and energy that was taken to make them.
I covered with goose bumps and just quiet nearly cried the spirit was so very strong!

Now I'll be wanting me a "Blessing Bowl"

Well ya'll take care, I'll be back as soon as I can!
Hugs all around!

I got goosebumps knowing that you felt their energy! Thanks so much for letting me know!

Let me know when you're ready for that blessing bowl, and don't forget that you get a nice gold heart pin and that $2 will go to the CF Foundation :D

Faery-Wings
September 19th, 2003, 07:26 AM
I should add here, that I got my beautiful Lady last week. And like Flora, you can feel the wonderful energy radiating from Her. Two Goddess are at work here, the Blessed Mother and her wonderful Daughter, Freyja!

I couldn't be happier with mine!

Flar's Freyja
September 21st, 2003, 01:22 AM
I should add here, that I got my beautiful Lady last week. And like Flora, you can feel the wonderful energy radiating from Her. Two Goddess are at work here, the Blessed Mother and her wonderful Daughter, Freyja!

It won't let me give you any more karma......that is beautiful, thanks so much for posting that. It warms my entire spirit to hear that you're satisfied.

I've made some definite decisions to cut down on regular job time and will be making a lot more of these - so I'm open for business and ready to take more orders :D

Flar's Freyja
September 27th, 2003, 02:12 AM

So nice actually having something in writing from a satisfied customer! I have some new designs, including some incorporating shells. They're my favorites and I'll have some pics up soon. Two different people who go to lots of shows are taking some with them on consignment for me :boing:

I used the terracotta for the first time tonight and I love it!

Again - a gold heart pin is included with each goddess and $2 goes to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation so that they can continue to give children another tomorrow :heartthro

Flar's Freyja
September 28th, 2003, 12:05 AM
For an additional fee, I can include a rune reading :D

Flar's Freyja
October 1st, 2003, 01:07 PM
The camera/film has been in my glove box for a few days now, I keep forgetting to drop it off......Flar and I also both just made different styles of Earth Goddesses that I can't wait to show you all.

♪Hazel♪
October 14th, 2003, 10:49 AM
gorgeous~

Flar's Freyja
October 15th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Here, finally, are some of the new designs:

Tammy Sullivan
October 15th, 2003, 08:58 PM
Freyja! Those are adorable, I love them!

Flar's Freyja
October 15th, 2003, 08:58 PM
These are the shell goddesses, representing the sacred element of water.

She can represent any goddess connected to the sea or water element; Yemaya, Freyja, etc. as well as the Moon due to her relationship with the tide.

They can also represent your moontime. You may even want to place a drop of your mentrual blood inside the shell.

Flar's Freyja
October 15th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Experimenting with the brown and yellow mix ~ more earthy. Anyone care to name her?

Flar's Freyja
October 15th, 2003, 09:03 PM
The Hawaiian goddess Pele.

Definitely.

Flar's Freyja
October 15th, 2003, 09:04 PM
She's my favorite, more of the body image I'm striving for:

Flar's Freyja
October 15th, 2003, 09:05 PM
Another version of Centering Goddess

Flar's Freyja
October 15th, 2003, 09:07 PM
This is what happens when you put so much Reiki into your clay that you can't work with it :T but I love her anyway.

Creation.

Flar's Freyja
October 15th, 2003, 09:08 PM
The group from a slightly different angle. I'm having the hardest time parting with them, they are like my children!

Still taking orders!

Flar's Freyja
October 15th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Get back up there! Bumpbumpbump...............

WtchyChick13
October 16th, 2003, 05:25 PM
This is what happens when you put so much Reiki into your clay that you can't work with it :T but I love her anyway.

Creation.

:rotfl:

I love her!!!!!

They are just amazing sweetie---absolutely amazing. :)

Flar's Freyja
October 16th, 2003, 06:02 PM

I love her!!!!!

They are just amazing sweetie---absolutely amazing. :)

Thank you! I'm amazed that I can even do them!

Can I borrow this from you?

"Open and waiting to take your money - I mean, orders" :lol:

Don't forget that $2.00 from each sale goes to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation :)

WtchyChick13
October 17th, 2003, 12:55 AM
Can I borrow this from you?

"Open and waiting to take your money - I mean, orders" :lol:

:)

Take it away babe! :T :T :T

:ballonsmi

Flar's Freyja
October 17th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Thanks! :hugz:

I feel the need to always have a pic as the last post.....

FaerieGothMommy
October 17th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Wow!!!

I LOVE them!!! Would you ship to the UK? I especially like the ones representing water, as i am the lovely water sign myself :lol:

Very creative & Unique!

Flar's Freyja
October 17th, 2003, 11:48 PM
Wow!!!

I LOVE them!!! Would you ship to the UK? I especially like the ones representing water, as i am the lovely water sign myself :lol:

Very creative & Unique!

Yes, I'll ship anywhere - but I do have to check on the rates. PM me and we'll go from there. The very first one that was given to me in that style was a beautiful turquoise blue. She is on her way to New Mexico as a birthday gift :)

Thanks so much! :hugz: I give gratitude to the Mother for awakening the creative spirit that has lain dormant for so long (a lifetime). Blessed Be!

Faery-Wings
October 22nd, 2003, 07:05 AM
Woowwwweee freyja! They are all so beautiful! Keep up the awesome work!

Semele
October 22nd, 2003, 11:49 AM
WOW!! These are great! You are really getting good at this. I would say something has definately awakened inside of you. I WANT! I WANT!!! I may need a couple for gifts as well. I think My lil sister needs one and my mom and and and..well I will just have to get with you. I will pm you my friend!

Flar's Freyja
October 22nd, 2003, 12:15 PM
:scream: I just replied to you three times and it keeps telling me I'm not logged in - I just ran a spyware program and I think it messed something up - so I don't even know if this post'll go!

I wrote you three messages that got shorter and shorter as I kept losing them! and I'm tired, so look for my reply later!

And thanks so much - I am so grateful to the Mother for awakening that something!

Flar's Freyja
October 26th, 2003, 01:09 PM
For the guys ~

I am working on god statues as well. I experimented last night and he fell over in the oven and his feet got toasted and his lil head fell off - :wah: He's anatomically correct (the first thing Flar looked for when I showed it to him) and that part didn't get burned, so don't worry :D

Like the first ones I did, it'll take some practice but I'll get there! I glued his head back on and I may post a pic anyway so you can get an idea of what I'm working toward. He's really not that bad!

Tammy Sullivan
October 28th, 2003, 09:55 AM
Freyja, for my pele, what are my options besides seashells? Do you by any chance have any volcanic glass or lava rock?

Flar's Freyja
October 28th, 2003, 10:21 PM
Freyja, for my pele, what are my options besides seashells? Do you by any chance have any volcanic glass or lava rock?

:ahhhh:

You know, I used to have some of that around years ago. But if you have a piece of your own, you can send it - or, can you think of an appopriate substitution? I'll do my best to hunt it down if it can be found!

WtchyChick13
October 28th, 2003, 11:40 PM
:ahhhh:

You know, I used to have some of that around years ago. But if you have a piece of your own, you can send it - or, can you think of an appopriate substitution? I'll do my best to hunt it down if it can be found!

Freyja, if I could make a suggestion--Obsidian is volcanic glass! If you've got any of that, it would be perfect. :D

Some clear quartz is also volcanic. :shhhh:

Hope that helps some! :floating:

Flar's Freyja
October 28th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Freyja, if I could make a suggestion--Obsidian is volcanic glass! If you've got any of that, it would be perfect. :D

Some clear quartz is also volcanic. :shhhh:

Hope that helps some! :floating:

It does! I'm sure I can get obsidian, and may even be able to get some black quartz, if that counts!

:hugz:

WtchyChick13
October 28th, 2003, 11:51 PM
I can do a check on the black quartz for ya'! Rainbow Obsidian might be nice, but it comes in sooooooooo many colors--snowflake would be great too since it has flakes of the ash in it. :D

:smooch:

Tammy Sullivan
October 29th, 2003, 08:31 AM
YEAH!! I like!!

Flar's Freyja
November 6th, 2003, 11:09 PM
YEAH!! I like!!

Well, then, you got it!

In addition to the girls, I just opened a line of goodies such as Yule ornaments, t-shirts and and a few baby things for your precious little ones! I know that Cady is getting that onesie.....

Oy! My Goddess (http://www.cafeshops.com/oymygoddess)

WtchyChick13
November 7th, 2003, 02:09 AM
It's looking good babe! :thumbsup:

Flar's Freyja
November 7th, 2003, 02:59 PM
It's looking good babe! :thumbsup:

I don't know if I should hug you or strangle you! I was up half the night setting it up, but it's so much fun and I love the products.

To success! :cheers:

WtchyChick13
November 7th, 2003, 06:08 PM
:javaswim: May I suggest some caffeine for your new addiction??? :lol: :needcoffe

To success and a GREAT Holiday shopping season!!! :reindeer:

Cheers back atcha!!! :drinking: :T

Flar's Freyja
November 8th, 2003, 02:18 AM
:javaswim: May I suggest some caffeine for your new addiction??? :lol: :needcoffe

To success and a GREAT Holiday shopping season!!! :reindeer:

Cheers back atcha!!! :drinking: :T

Okay - anyone wanting Goddesses for Yule - please get your order in ASAP!

Your happiness is very important to me, especially since you're giving your hard-earned money. If a Goddess cracks in the oven, I'm not going to glue or repair it - I am going to start all over, so these can take some time.

Prices:

Small ~ $10.00
Large ~ $18.00

Shipping and handling: U.S. and Canada $5.00 per 2 items
Insurance (optional) $1.30

I sent my first international order today and the shipping cost more than the goddess :( It was $10.00 to ship to Scotland.

And don't forget - while supplies last, you get a gold heart pin and $2.00 goes to CF Solutions.

Again, here's the sample group:

Flar's Freyja
November 9th, 2003, 02:22 AM
I forgot to add - that terracotta is available for $5.00 more.

I love it, but it is much more difficult to work with.

In regard to colors - I can get just about anything. I have a good supply of nearly all of the basic colors on hand.

I can also get some colors in a pearlized finish. Thus far I've found a beautiful deep purple and a pale rose pink.

Jenne
November 9th, 2003, 02:46 AM
Your little shop is so great! I'm going to definitely keep it in mind, Freyja! Wow! What an entrepreneur!

Sending you *lots of sales this Yule* vibes! :hugz:

Flar's Freyja
November 9th, 2003, 02:54 AM
Your little shop is so great! I'm going to definitely keep it in mind, Freyja! Wow! What an entrepreneur!

Sending you *lots of sales this Yule* vibes! :hugz:

It won't let me give you any karma, so I'll thank you here! :hugz:

Flar's Freyja
November 10th, 2003, 08:56 PM
I have an extra terracotta blessing bowl. It has a very slight wobble, the bottom didn't turn out perfectly flat, but otherwise it's perfect! I have it up on a few auctions but it's available here for $21.00.

She is sitting on one of my fountains so that you can get an idea of her actual size.

Tammy Sullivan
November 11th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Freyja, can I change my pele into a pele bowl like that instead of the statue? I really really like that!!!

Flar's Freyja
November 11th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Freyja, can I change my pele into a pele bowl like that instead of the statue? I really really like that!!!

Thank you! Yes, that can be done. Remember, they all turn out slightly different because i don't use molds so it may not look exactly like that one.

The one above, however, is the actual item for sale :)

Flar's Freyja
November 11th, 2003, 04:35 PM
This one just went up for auction:

http://www.auctionwitch.com/cgi-bin/auction2/auction/item.pl?item=53616

She's my little dancing goddess and I hate to part with her, especially since I'm not sure I could make another.

WtchyChick13
November 11th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Oh she's so cool!!!!!! :boing:

LadyWillow
November 13th, 2003, 01:15 AM
Freyja, this are soo cool! I'd love to get one from you. However, I'm trying to save! hehe, I am def. going to keep you in mind and once I get my car windshield fixed ($170 for it) I'll get in touch with you!

Flar's Freyja
November 13th, 2003, 02:46 AM
Freyja, this are soo cool! I'd love to get one from you. However, I'm trying to save! hehe, I am def. going to keep you in mind and once I get my car windshield fixed ($170 for it) I'll get in touch with you!

Thank you! I'll be here!

LadyWillow
November 13th, 2003, 03:40 AM
you better! lol however, I dunno what kind and such I want! lol they are all so cool..(for lack of a better word,lol)

Flar's Freyja
November 13th, 2003, 04:09 AM
you better! lol however, I dunno what kind and such I want! lol they are all so cool..(for lack of a better word,lol)

Oh, I have a few more! :shhhh: They are on their way to Jenne and I don't want to show them til after she receives them......... :shhhh:

WandererInGray
November 13th, 2003, 10:30 AM
*grins* Hey Freyja, are you gonna put a few different pictures on your Shop website? (for the tshirts and such) I really like the stuff in there, but I'm not too fond of that particular goddess shape. :D Plus if I get this job (*cross fingers*) then I'd like to get Phoenix's little boy a t-shirt and a few other things on there really caught my eye.

Oh! And I found the book....whew! (thought the thieves took it :rolleyes: ) But it was down in a box, so I'm ready to send that off to you...PM me your addy.

Phoenix Blue
November 13th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Oh! And I found the book....whew! (thought the thieves took it :rolleyes: )
That's silly. No thief has ever taken a book from my house. :p

Flar's Freyja
November 13th, 2003, 04:51 PM
*grins* Hey Freyja, are you gonna put a few different pictures on your Shop website? (for the tshirts and such) I really like the stuff in there, but I'm not too fond of that particular goddess shape. :D Plus if I get this job (*cross fingers*) then I'd like to get Phoenix's little boy a t-shirt and a few other things on there really caught my eye.

Oh! And I found the book....whew! (thought the thieves took it :rolleyes: ) But it was down in a box, so I'm ready to send that off to you...PM me your addy.

:D I'm not the best at creating graphics but yes, I do plan to come up with something else, especially something more appealing to the guys. One of the ladies on my fibro list has offered to help. If you have any ideas as to what you'd like to see, I'm open! Maybe the other style.......That site was actually just more fun for me than anything else and there's not a lot of money to be made, but I'm tickled to see the interest!

And I'll get started on your lady today!

Semele
November 13th, 2003, 06:57 PM
I am thinking we will definately have to get a little infant creeper with this design!! Maybe a shirt for her big sister and brother as well! We will post some pics in them of coure!

Flar's Freyja
November 13th, 2003, 07:10 PM
I am thinking we will definately have to get a little infant creeper with this design!! Maybe a shirt for her big sister and brother as well! We will post some pics in them of coure!

You all are just making me way too happy!

Flar's Freyja
November 13th, 2003, 11:17 PM
:colorful: I just got an e-mail from Cafe Press - I can offer $2 off on orders of $20 or more through November 30th at the Goddess Shop! :colorful:

The coupon code for my store is TURKEY2

Enjoy!

DragonsChest
November 14th, 2003, 12:26 AM
Hello, All. I am a very new user to forums and boards. I met Freyja at a spirit fair this last weekend and I think we hit it off quite nicely. I think Freyja's Goddesses are wonderful. She and I both sculpt using the medium of polymer clay. My daughter and I make whimsical dragons and wizards. I would really appreciate some feedback on our pieces, if anyone has the inclination to do so. I would post an image of some of them, if I could figure out how! Barring that, here's the url: www.thedragonschest.com Peace.....

Flar's Freyja
November 14th, 2003, 12:54 AM
Hello, All. I am a very new user to forums and boards. I met Freyja at a spirit fair this last weekend and I think we hit it off quite nicely. I think Freyja's Goddesses are wonderful. She and I both sculpt using the medium of polymer clay. My daughter and I make whimsical dragons and wizards. I would really appreciate some feedback on our pieces, if anyone has the inclination to do so. I would post an image of some of them, if I could figure out how! Barring that, here's the url: www.thedragonschest.com Peace.....

LOL, you can start your own thread for the Dragon's Chest here in this forum! Good to see you! Just click the box that says "new thread" on the bottom left.

If you just put your site in the thread, people can go visit and see your awesome dragons and wizards. And if you scroll down to the bottom of the reply box, you'll see "Manage Attachments" under it. You can upload pics from your comp there. First make sure to click "Add File" after the upload and then wait for the file to appear before you hit "All Done." it'll then take you back to finishing and adding your post!

Welcome to MW!

All that and I just saw that you figured it out! :rotfl:

WtchyChick13
November 14th, 2003, 03:29 AM
That's our Freyja, always spreadin' sunshine! :sunny:

:T

LadyWillow
November 14th, 2003, 03:47 AM
Oh, I have a few more! :shhhh: They are on their way to Jenne and I don't want to show them til after she receives them......... :shhhh:

Don't worry! I won't say anything!!!

Flar's Freyja
November 14th, 2003, 01:59 PM
A friend of mine has added a page to her site for the girls!

Scents Appeal Pagan Friends (http://www.ScentsAppeal.net/paganfriends.html)

She has some awesome wares as well, so check us both out!

DragonsChest
November 14th, 2003, 10:41 PM
Just visited the site you recommended, Freyja, and it was very nice. Many different items on offer. One of my friends also has a website: www.okiecrafts.com. She is a woodburner, among other things.

I've tried to attach two images from my website; hope they come out!

Flar's Freyja
November 14th, 2003, 11:14 PM
Just visited the site you recommended, Freyja, and it was very nice. Many different items on offer. One of my friends also has a website: www.okiecrafts.com. She is a woodburner, among other things.

I've tried to attach two images from my website; hope they come out!

Thanks!

Still waitin' on Jenne to receive her girls so that I can post the pics!

Flar's Freyja
November 16th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Jenne got her gals on Saturday, so now I can post the one I made just for her! I am going shopping this afternoon to try to get more of these spiral shells. I had to buy a whole basket just to get two and I hope I can get more!

DragonsChest
November 16th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Freyja,

I don't know much at all about reike (sp?), but is it possible for you to infuse a Goddess sculpture with a particular "wish"? What I mean is, my best friend at work was recently let go and is feeling very down. Could you infuse a sculpture with positive energy for confidence, well-being, success, etc? Just not sure how this works!

Thanks....Peace.............

Flar's Freyja
November 17th, 2003, 12:47 AM
Freyja,

I don't know much at all about reike (sp?), but is it possible for you to infuse a Goddess sculpture with a particular "wish"? What I mean is, my best friend at work was recently let go and is feeling very down. Could you infuse a sculpture with positive energy for confidence, well-being, success, etc? Just not sure how this works!

Thanks....Peace.............

Yes, I can put both Reiki and magical energies into the figure. Keep in mind that Reiki energy goes where it is needed, typically to the cause. Making the girls is pretty amazing when I have an idea of who I am making them for. They tend to take on a life of their own. For instance, Jenne's (above) doesn't look anything like any of the others I've done. She's definitely her goddess!

DragonsChest
November 17th, 2003, 02:09 AM
Great. Should I go to your iOffer site to order one? Thanks.

Flar's Freyja
November 17th, 2003, 02:31 AM
Great. Should I go to your iOffer site to order one? Thanks.

:boing: Thanks! We're off to PM and e-mail land......

This one belongs to MoonDust, but I wanted to show it since it's different than some of the others. Dancing goddesses coming soon :D

Flar's Freyja
November 17th, 2003, 03:12 PM
The Dancing Goddesses are here!

These are examples. The gold one is mine :D and I think the white one is going to someone as a gift. The pic of all three together isn't very good, I'll take another when I recharge the camera battery:

Flar's Freyja
November 19th, 2003, 01:40 AM
:D

Website's up! and thanks so much to Rainnhawk and her hubby as well as magicboi, who created my banner :heartthro

Let me know what you think:

Oy! My Goddess Creations (http://www.oymygoddess.com)

Flar's Freyja
November 20th, 2003, 10:12 PM
Thank you, (((MW members))) for all of your support and orders!

I also wanted to let you know that for MW members only, creative financing is available :shhhh: If you would love for me to make a godddess for you and money is an obstacle - which it certainly is for me - please PM me and we can work it out!

MoonDust
November 22nd, 2003, 11:46 PM
:boing: Thanks! We're off to PM and e-mail land......

This one belongs to MoonDust, but I wanted to show it since it's different than some of the others. Dancing goddesses coming soon :D
Frey. you've got a gift truly you do. I just got my stutes in today and absolutly adore them!
Wonderful. Good work!

Mithrea
November 23rd, 2003, 03:28 PM
I just thought I'd post a testamonial since I was given one of Freyja's Goddess figurines by a very special person for my birthday this year. Mine is light blue, sitting with a sprial shaped seashell and she is absolutely gorgeous! She sits on my altar and I just love to sit and look at her.

I loved her so much I ordered one from Freyja to give to a good friend for Yule. If you are thinking about buying one, don't hesitate. You will not be disappointed! :D

Flar's Freyja
November 24th, 2003, 03:15 AM
Wow, thank you both so much! Getting good feedback means so much to me :heartthro

Coming soon - altar kits and mini-shrines :D

WtchyChick13
November 24th, 2003, 03:35 AM
You talented thing you. :D

You go girl!!!!!!!!! :smooch: :hugz: :smooch:

Flar's Freyja
November 25th, 2003, 01:45 AM
Thanks (((WC)))

Thanks again to Jenne :hugz:, who ordered 5 of my pieces - the pink spiral goddess was created especiallly for her and is not only one of my favorites, I've received several orders for that style! I'm thinking of naming her "Jenne's Goddess" :D

Jenne was sweet enough to take some pics for my site. I'm using an older, borrowed digital and I can't seem to get the lighting right. Here are some of the pics she sent:

Jenne
November 25th, 2003, 01:51 AM
Aww...you are so welcome Hon...they are works of art and deserved a fancy setting!

I wish you continued success in your little enterprise--your Goddesses are worth EVERY penny! *and then some!* :floating:

*ALL HAIL FREYJA--Goddess of Goddess Makers!* :hugz:

Flar's Freyja
November 25th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Aww...you are so welcome Hon...they are works of art and deserved a fancy setting!

I wish you continued success in your little enterprise--your Goddesses are worth EVERY penny! *and then some!* :floating:

*ALL HAIL FREYJA--Goddess of Goddess Makers!* :hugz:

:collapse:

Wow, that's a hefty title! Maybe I'll make myself a little plaque :lol:

Thanks again (((Jenne)))

WtchyChick13
November 25th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Jenne, sounds like you do great PR work! ;)

Fantastic endorsement and the pics are great!!! :boing: :thumbsup: :boing:

Jenne
November 25th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Thanks so much, WC! They were fun to do! :)

Flar's Freyja
November 25th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Check out the photographer on the credits page, W.C.! :D

http://www.oymygoddess.com/page4.htm

Okay, I think I've finally arrived upon good prices - Flar thinks they should be more but again, I'd rather they be affordable, especially if it makes people more likely to buy them.

I've also added an Adoption Center

http://www.oymygoddess.com/page5.htm

and a Welcome Home Notes page, thank you all so much!

http://www.oymygoddess.com/page6.htm

I feel so supported here and I do appreciate you all!

WtchyChick13
November 26th, 2003, 03:29 AM
It looks so good! Congrats babe! :boing:

Flar's Freyja
November 26th, 2003, 09:21 AM
It looks so good! Congrats babe! :boing:

Thanks - but actually, I'm not happy with it at all :( It'll have to stay that way for a while, I've let it take up all my time this past week.

Jenne
November 30th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Aww...too cute! I like the title you gave my fictitious biz! LOL It was my pleasure to help you out. Like I said, I only wish I lived closer so I could help you out more!

And can I just say I LOVE being quoted? *blush* You are too awesome, chickie! And so are your little statuettes! I'm going to be wrapping them up for distribution to their new owners this week, as I pass them out this weekend. They got some fresh air, and now back into wraps they go!

Huggins, and keep on keepin' on! :hugz:

Flar's Freyja
December 1st, 2003, 09:06 PM
Aww...too cute! I like the title you gave my fictitious biz! LOL It was my pleasure to help you out. Like I said, I only wish I lived closer so I could help you out more!

And can I just say I LOVE being quoted? *blush* You are too awesome, chickie! And so are your little statuettes! I'm going to be wrapping them up for distribution to their new owners this week, as I pass them out this weekend. They got some fresh air, and now back into wraps they go!

Huggins, and keep on keepin' on! :hugz:

I thought you'd like that! ;) I'd love to hear feedback on how the girls were received!

I have lots of new ideas but I came down with the flu while we were in Kansas City, so not much is getting done til I feel like I can get up and walk around. I didn't even want to get up off the couch and come over here to the comp :(

Jenne
December 2nd, 2003, 12:02 AM
Awww...((((((((FREYJA))))))))

"flu go away" vibes for ya, and lots of healing energy and :hugz:

Sorry bout the sickies--hope you feel better and stronger soon! :)

WtchyChick13
December 2nd, 2003, 02:21 AM
Babe I'm so sorry you're sick. Big hugs to you! :hugz:

But remember, can't blame me! :lol:

MoonDust
December 2nd, 2003, 12:15 PM
I like the site.

Flar's Freyja
December 2nd, 2003, 12:57 PM
I like the site.

(((MoonDust))) Thanks! A wonderful online friend does website design for a living and is going to help make it look more professional. I appreciate the positive feedback - I know it's not terrible for a first try but I'd like it to be a bit more polished.

(((Jenne))) & (((WC))) I seem to be feeling a bit better this morning although still pretty weak. It makes me feel pretty guilty and whiney, though - since Flar must feel like this most of his waking hours and never complains.

I may have gotten it from the slot machines at the casino - and I haven't wanted to make anything for fear of passing it on through the girls since most germs are transmitted through our hands.

Hoot
December 3rd, 2003, 02:09 AM
(((Freyja)))

Are you still making this goddess?

http://www.oymygoddess.com/SpiralGoddess.jpg

She's my favorite.

Flar's Freyja
December 3rd, 2003, 02:26 AM
(((Freyja)))

Are you still making this goddess?

http://www.oymygoddess.com/SpiralGoddess.jpg

She's my favorite.

Thanks so much, she was one of my very first attempts. I'm thinking about putting those out as little meditation goddesses, since they can be held in your hand. This one is similar and another first of her kind. You've inspired me now to make that one in this size, which is quite a bit larger:

Hoot
December 3rd, 2003, 02:39 AM
Thanks for your help! I still love that early one. By the way, I know they're all different, but what are their sizes (in inches)?

Flar's Freyja
December 3rd, 2003, 03:00 AM
Thanks for your help! I still love that early one. By the way, I know they're all different, but what are their sizes (in inches)?

They have grown quite a bit since I've gotten more confidence! The spiral goddess that you like was only around 2 inches tall. The white one measures just under five inches. Most of the ones I'm doing now are around 3-4 inches tall.

Of course, since I don't use molds I can't ever estimate exactly what size each one comes to be. I really like the size of the white dancing goddess and am moving toward making most of the standing ones that size. The white clay is less expensive than the colors, so I'll have to price them based on the materials used.

WtchyChick13
December 3rd, 2003, 04:36 AM
I like the idea of the little meditation goddesses for your hands. You can call them "Palm Ladies." :lol:

They'd also be great for those with small spaces as well. :)

Flar's Freyja
December 3rd, 2003, 04:44 AM
I like the idea of the little meditation goddesses for your hands. You can call them "Palm Ladies." :lol:

They'd also be great for those with small spaces as well. :)

:D I did some small centering goddesses that would also serve the same purpose. They're in my friend's store but not selling. Someone who ordered one from me online says that she loves hers and that it feels very good in the palm of her hand.

I saw these little armoires at Michael's and am thinking of making tiny little shrines that people could take to their offices. They're unfinished - I thought I'd paint them and put a tiny little goddess, maybe a stone and some flowers inside. What do you think?

WtchyChick13
December 3rd, 2003, 05:03 AM
:D I did some small centering goddesses that would also serve the same purpose. They're in my friend's store but not selling. Someone who ordered one from me online says that she loves hers and that it feels very good in the palm of her hand.

I saw these little armoires at Michael's and am thinking of making tiny little shrines that people could take to their offices. They're unfinished - I thought I'd paint them and put a tiny little goddess, maybe a stone and some flowers inside. What do you think?

Hmmm, interesting idea. :huh:

You could put a small shell or something inside to represent water....maybe a feather for air? Make it like a little portable altar type of thingy?

Could be good also for those living in "the closet" and don't want anything too 'out there' in their home but can be placed on a mantle or something.

I just took my Nyquil, so bear with me here. :lol:

Flar's Freyja
December 3rd, 2003, 05:06 AM
Hmmm, interesting idea. :huh:

You could put a small shell or something inside to represent water....maybe a feather for air? Make it like a little portable altar type of thingy?

Could be good also for those living in "the closet" and don't want anything too 'out there' in their home but can be placed on a mantle or something.

I just took my Nyquil, so bear with me here. :lol:

LOL, yes, I think you've got the idea! The armoires are like little closets, they have doors that can be closed. Portable altar is exactly what I'm thinking here.

I'm looking for little feathers as well. I think I've got the mold problem solved in the magical ink that I made and I'd like to include a little feather with it.

WtchyChick13
December 3rd, 2003, 05:19 AM
I'd give you some of Egg's feathers, but I don't think she'd like to part with them right now. :2G: :lol:

Hoot
December 3rd, 2003, 12:00 PM
The armoires are like little closets, they have doors that can be closed. Portable altar is exactly what I'm thinking here.

Like a nicho - that's a fantastic idea!

Flar's Freyja
December 3rd, 2003, 02:22 PM
Like a nicho - that's a fantastic idea!

Thanks, Hoot! The little armoires are incredibly inexpensive as well, which goes along with my goal of keeping things affordable.

Here are some of the newer ladies - one with a back view.

Flar's Freyja
December 9th, 2003, 02:14 AM
My site's being revamped by a lovely friend who actually does it for a living! I've seen a little bit of it and I am so excited! It'll be done just in time for my article in SageWoman - they allow you to promote yourself in your bio.....

I smashed two fingers in the accident but they're healing. Will have some new pieces up soon!

Flar's Freyja
December 9th, 2003, 05:32 PM
Over the weekend I did some shopping at Michael's and got so lucky - I found packages of little wooden books on sale - one of the new items on my list is to do some Muse goddesses. These are perfect!

I also bought three little armoires for the portable altars and even found some wooden pieces to make triple moons for the doors, if they fit.............

WtchyChick13
December 9th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Oh I love the idea of the Muse goddesses! :smooch:

:hairred:

Flar's Freyja
December 9th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Oh I love the idea of the Muse goddesses! :smooch:

:hairred:

I think I got enough little books to make 20 of them! And they're open-book style.

Flar's Freyja
December 10th, 2003, 01:28 PM
I put the base coat on the first portable altar last night......while another goddess was in the oven, I decided I wanted to play some more. This is my very first attempt at a Willendorf. The camera I'm using is borrowed and an older one and I couldn't get the flash to work (usually I don't want it to work and it won't turn off), so I hope you can see it well enough:

DragonsChest
December 10th, 2003, 02:10 PM
This is my very first attempt at a Willendorf.

She looks very interesting, but I am unfamiliar with what a Willendorf is. Is that a sculputre style or the camera make or what? I'm a doofus sometimes.....

Flar's Freyja
December 10th, 2003, 02:13 PM
She looks very interesting, but I am unfamiliar with what a Willendorf is. Is that a sculputre style or the camera make or what? I'm a doofus sometimes.....

She's a classic, a neolithic type. More info here:

http://www.hominids.com/donsmaps/willendorf.html

Her bellly should have been bigger, but you know how the clay goes wooooerrrgggwaaaa in the oven, I was afraid she'd squash down. She did fall over but I heard her and was able to fix her. Next time I'm going to do one resting on a rock.

These classics are public domain so they can be reproduced with no copyright issues involved. I'm also going to be doing earrings and pendants.

Flar's Freyja
December 11th, 2003, 04:12 AM
I started the first portable altar and can't wait to show them to y'all! I made a tiny miniature goddess - didn't think I could pull it off but I did and she is SO adorable!

I also created a new rendition of Gaia a bit by accident. I'll post a pic in the morning.

Flar's Freyja
December 11th, 2003, 02:40 PM
This one wasn't turning out to be what I'd originally intended, so I made some adjustments. Viola'! Gaia:

MoonDust
December 11th, 2003, 02:42 PM
oh she's a cutie. I may end up being your best customer woman!

Flar's Freyja
December 11th, 2003, 02:45 PM
oh she's a cutie. I may end up being your best customer woman!

I have no problem with that! Can you see her okay? The camera I'm using is old and I can't seem to get it right. We switched pages so here she is again:

Flar's Freyja
December 11th, 2003, 02:55 PM
This is a little better, not much - front view of Gaia and another Willendorf:

MoonDust
December 11th, 2003, 03:01 PM
Have you tried flashlights?
Get like 3 of them and point them at the little goddess there. should light her up nicely.

Flar's Freyja
December 11th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Great idea! The flash doesn't seem to be working either :( But when it does they turn out too light. My photoshop program does the light thing, wonder if it would help.

Here are some not so good pics of where we are on the portable altars. The last one is half-painted and the shelves are smaller, so the goddess will have to be about a head size smaller than the first.

MoonDust
December 11th, 2003, 03:43 PM
are the first 3 pics of the same armoire? for some reason I like the 3rd pic better. *shrug* I dunno

Flar's Freyja
December 11th, 2003, 03:48 PM
are the first 3 pics of the same armoire? for some reason I like the 3rd pic better. *shrug* I dunno

Yes, the first three are the same, the 4th is the one I started l last night. The third pic shows the mini-goddess inside. The 4th is substantially smaller, I'm not sure it's going to work.

MoonDust
December 11th, 2003, 03:51 PM
ahhhh my brain understands

DragonsChest
December 11th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Oh! Your armoires are wonderful!

Flar's Freyja
December 12th, 2003, 09:15 PM
I still can't get the hang of that poor camera - but these are a little better. I saw a digital at Wal-Mart tonight for $50, I'm going to have to check it out. For this, it would at least be a business expense!

Desert_Yaqui
December 12th, 2003, 11:47 PM
I still can't get the hang of that poor camera - but these are a little better. I saw a digital at Wal-Mart tonight for $50, I'm going to have to check it out. For this, it would at least be a business expense!

Hey, I want one of those! You can PM me tonight or tomorrow--I'll be home all day.

I really like the armoire with the tiny goddess. I like that light olive color... I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about. If not, I have a pic downloaded to my desktop...

Very cool!

Gala
December 13th, 2003, 11:18 AM
I like you goddesses. I caon't seem to get the hang of making stuff like that. Are they hollow. What kind of clay... blah blah..
Being a potter, I need to know these things.

Flar's Freyja
December 13th, 2003, 12:36 PM
I like you goddesses. I caon't seem to get the hang of making stuff like that. Are they hollow. What kind of clay... blah blah..
Being a potter, I need to know these things.

Thanks! I'd love to see your work! I haven't tried using armatures, so they are not hollow - they're solid clay. I use Sculpey polymer clay. It comes in several different types and is fired by putting it in the oven. The instructions say 275 degrees but I never use more than 225. The Gaia is made from their Granitex, which looks like stone when fired. The Willendorf is made from their terracotta, which has its pros and cons. I love the look and the feel when I'm working with it, but it tends to stretch - I've had to do a few arm amputations because of that :T Sculpey III is easiest to work with. I charge my pieces with Reiki energy and my hands can become so hot that it makes the clay sticky and I have to put it down for a while.

Desert Yaqui - the armoires actually came from one of your ideas! - the 'complete altar set' that you suggested. I'm having so much fun making these! I'm currently painting another style. I'm using a lavender base coat and antiquing it with blue and silver - very pretty!

Gala
December 13th, 2003, 02:26 PM
Thanks! I'd love to see your work! I haven't tried using armatures, so they are not hollow - they're solid clay. I use Sculpey polymer clay. It comes in several different types and is fired by putting it in the oven. The instructions say 275 degrees but I never use more than 225. The Gaia is made from their Granitex, which looks like stone when fired. The Willendorf is made from their terracotta, which has its pros and cons. I love the look and the feel when I'm working with it, but it tends to stretch - I've had to do a few arm amputations because of that :T Sculpey III is easiest to work with. I charge my pieces with Reiki energy and my hands can become so hot that it makes the clay sticky and I have to put it down for a while.

I have used sculpy and femo but never anything so big. it doesn't crack? They must not be too big. You know...(I'm an art history teacher) The original Venus of Willendorf is only about 4.5 inches tall....ahem...there will be a test.

I have some sculptures that I will photo and put on my web page sometime today. Gotta go to walmart and finish up the outside decorations.
I will also send pics of my clay wheel and stuff when I get the studio cleaned up.

Flar's Freyja
December 13th, 2003, 02:33 PM
I have used sculpy and femo but never anything so big. it doesn't crack? They must not be too big. You know...(I'm an art history teacher) The original Venus of Willendorf is only about 4.5 inches tall....ahem...there will be a test.

I have some sculptures that I will photo and put on my web page sometime today. Gotta go to walmart and finish up the outside decorations.
I will also send pics of my clay wheel and stuff when I get the studio cleaned up.

The Willendorf I did is just about that size! A friend of mine makes angels that are around 12 inches tall and she hasn't had any problem with cracking. I've only had one piece crack and I later deteremined that this was because it had an air bubble. This was a blessing bowl where I used a tealight cup for an armature. Again, I use a much lower than recommended temperature for firing, and I've found that you can not touch or move Sculpey figures when they are still hot. For some reason, they're more likely to break then.

I'm very picky about seams. I'm still looking for the perfect tool to smooth out small areas. Currently, I'm using a blending stick that's actually for painting. I tried one of those blending sponges on a makeup pencil and it worked well, but the colors in Sculpey get on other things and I wasn't able to clean it frequently without wearing it out. I can't seem to find these without the makeup.

Can't wait to see your work! Hubby has done some awesome pottery pieces at school but we don't have the equipment here.

Flar's Freyja
December 13th, 2003, 06:49 PM
I made this one last night for LaMoonDove - she wanted energies to enhance her psychic abilities and dreams, so this is done in silver clay with an amethyst cluster:

Flar's Freyja
December 13th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Most of these have been sold, wanted to get a pic before they leave. The two dark green ones are holding hematite stones. The lighter green centering goddess is Wanderer's :shhhh:

Gala
December 13th, 2003, 07:26 PM
The Willendorf I did is just about that size! A friend of mine makes angels that are around 12 inches tall and she hasn't had any problem with cracking. I've only had one piece crack and I later deteremined that this was because it had an air bubble. This was a blessing bowl where I used a tealight cup for an armature. Again, I use a much lower than recommended temperature for firing, and I've found that you can not touch or move Sculpey figures when they are still hot. For some reason, they're more likely to break then.

I'm very picky about seams. I'm still looking for the perfect tool to smooth out small areas. Currently, I'm using a blending stick that's actually for painting. I tried one of those blending sponges on a makeup pencil and it worked well, but the colors in Sculpey get on other things and I wasn't able to clean it frequently without wearing it out. I can't seem to find these without the makeup.

Can't wait to see your work! Hubby has done some awesome pottery pieces at school but we don't have the equipment here.

they have some things called wipe out tools that are rubber tipped tools for doing clay, or you can also use them to wipe out paint from watercolor paper etc. Another thing that I found is at Sally's beauty supply. They have these rubber tipped things that you use to push your cuticles back with.

Thanks for the tip about moving it when it is hot. Never thought about that.

Flar's Freyja
December 13th, 2003, 07:28 PM
they have some things called wipe out tools that are rubber tipped tools for doing clay, or you can also use them to wipe out paint from watercolor paper etc. Another thing that I found is at Sally's beauty supply. They have these rubber tipped things that you use to push your cuticles back with.

I didn't know if those wipe-out tools had sponges on them, I'll check them out. I never thought of the cuticle thingies! The tight little spaces are usually armpits and necks. Some of these tools push the clay around without really smoothing it out.

Gala
I made this one last night for LaMoonDove - she wanted energies to enhance her psychic abilities and dreams, so this is done in silver clay with an amethyst cluster:

they are great. I like the simplicity of them.

WandererInGray
I tried one of those blending sponges on a makeup pencil and it worked well, but the colors in Sculpey get on other things and I wasn't able to clean it frequently without wearing it out. I can't seem to find these without the makeup.

Freyja,
Try Target, Walmart, or KMart. In the makeup section there should be a "supplies" area that sells makeup sponges and extra eyepencil things like that. You may find what you're looking for there. (and they usually come 20 to a pack or something for not too much money. That is if you're talking about what I think you're talking about! :lol:

Gala
December 13th, 2003, 07:29 PM
I didn't know if those wipe-out tools had sponges on them, I'll check them out. I never thought of the cuticle thingies! The tight little spaces are usually armpits and necks. Some of these tools push the clay around without really smoothing it out.
No they are rubber. Yes I have the same problem with clay clay. the smoothing tight spaces.

Flar's Freyja
December 13th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Freyja,
Try Target, Walmart, or KMart. In the makeup section there should be a "supplies" area that sells makeup sponges and extra eyepencil things like that. You may find what you're looking for there. (and they usually come 20 to a pack or something for not too much money. That is if you're talking about what I think you're talking about! :lol:

I think you do. I haven't seen them but I'll look again, I didn't really look very deliberately - but if we're not talking about exactly the same thing, I know what you might be talking about and they make work as well - and I already have a 20 pack......:T I think you mean the ones for eyeshadow. I never thought about those, so I'll try them!

DragonsChest
December 13th, 2003, 07:34 PM
I have the same problem with clay clay. the smoothing tight spaces.

I have taken to keeping my nails cut very short, so I can use my pinky. But even then, theyare sometimes too big. I picked up a pack of wooden sculpting tools at MJ Designs. They have some ends that are pretty good at smoothing.

Flar's Freyja
December 13th, 2003, 08:07 PM
I have taken to keeping my nails cut very short, so I can use my pinky. But even then, theyare sometimes too big. I picked up a pack of wooden sculpting tools at MJ Designs. They have some ends that are pretty good at smoothing.

Same here, and they still end up brushing up against the piece and making a mark.

Posting Lamoondove's pic again; she hasn't seen it and it's on a previous page now, so she can find it when she gets on:

Flar's Freyja
December 14th, 2003, 03:40 AM
I'm excited about this one - I'll get better pics tomorrow but wanted to post these. This is the first I've tried with hair:

Lamoondove
December 14th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Same here, and they still end up brushing up against the piece and making a mark.

Posting Lamoondove's pic again; she hasn't seen it and it's on a previous page now, so she can find it when she gets on:

:thumbsup: I found her,,, way ta go ,,,, I Love her aleady !!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~ :hugz: ~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are doing some awsome work !!!!

Ya know i read Diana has long flowing dark hair , but i wouldnt want ya to add that cuz wouldnt be able to see the fine ach in her back if ya did...

I cant wait to get her ..... She is going to be sitting right on coffee table next to couch were i sleep .........

Thank You so much for making her for me !!!! :smoochypo

I have to run off to Dream section now and to alter ,,,, Talk to ya soon
~~~~~~~~~:bouncybob ~~~~~~~~~Still doing my happy Dance :yourock:

Gala
December 14th, 2003, 02:02 PM

One of the first things we had to learn in pottery class, is not fingernails. you can't throw with fingernails and they nick into everything when you are trying to work on it. But I don't seem to be able to grow fingernails anyway. Mine are weak and break easily.

Gala
December 14th, 2003, 02:09 PM
I'm excited about this one - I'll get better pics tomorrow but wanted to post these. This is the first I've tried with hair:
This one is really pretty with the hair and flowers. Very pretty.

Flar's Freyja
December 15th, 2003, 04:03 AM
Lamoondove, I'm so glad you like her! I will be making a Diana in the future ;) as well as Oshun and a few others. :lol: Flar told me not to post that, because everyone will want one.....I am very pleased with her and will be making a lot more like that! I'm also going to try adding faces soon..........So maybe you can get one later. This one has the energies you requested and I took time to research the colors. The picture doesn't do the silver clay justice at all - I think you'll like the way it glitters :)

((((Gala)))) Thanks for the compliment. I've cut my nails short and they STILL nick things up! Very frustrating!

Lamoondove
December 15th, 2003, 11:27 AM
I am sure she is more wonderfull in life ,, I know how these Cams dont do things any justess,,:)
I surly am going to want another one later ,,, with long flowing dark hair and EYE'S ,,
Eyes my fav feature on a person ,, not there but not there anything ,, ones eyes tell me all i need to know when i frist meet people ,,,
Is like to me eyes are the window to the soul,, i can look at someone tell if they are fake or sometimes see in the eye things a normal person dont think is there ,,
If ya got great eyes and dept to them i find myself stairing into them ,,,lol,,
I had to tell someone once hey ,, I am ok,, not strange ,,,ok mabe i am but didnt want her to think so ,, said i just love your eyes ,, you are very sweet loving person...
I can tell by looking into a mans eye's what he thinking at times ,,
I look deep in them feel the love sometimes ,,
or see the hatred in my boys dads eyes ,,i use to one day love his eyes but he turned looking into them a bad thing he turned so evil and hatefull ....
Anyways here i am rambling agin ,,,Very Sorry ,,,But i am truly going to want more satues !!!! One with eyes and different properties...Thank so much ,,,,
Bright Blessings!!!! Hugs

Flar's Freyja
December 15th, 2003, 01:57 PM
I am sure she is more wonderfull in life ,, I know how these Cams dont do things any justess,,:)
I surly am going to want another one later ,,, with long flowing dark hair and EYE'S ,,
Eyes my fav feature on a person ,, not there but not there anything ,, ones eyes tell me all i need to know when i frist meet people ,,,
Is like to me eyes are the window to the soul,, i can look at someone tell if they are fake or sometimes see in the eye things a normal person dont think is there ,,
If ya got great eyes and dept to them i find myself stairing into them ,,,lol,,
I had to tell someone once hey ,, I am ok,, not strange ,,,ok mabe i am but didnt want her to think so ,, said i just love your eyes ,, you are very sweet loving person...
I can tell by looking into a mans eye's what he thinking at times ,,
I look deep in them feel the love sometimes ,,
or see the hatred in my boys dads eyes ,,i use to one day love his eyes but he turned looking into them a bad thing he turned so evil and hatefull ....
Anyways here i am rambling agin ,,,Very Sorry ,,,But i am truly going to want more satues !!!! One with eyes and different properties...Thank so much ,,,,
Bright Blessings!!!! Hugs

OMG! I'm just now getting up the courage to attempt faces!!! LOL - anyway, there may not be any more bald goddesses unless they're requested, so those of you who have my early work may have something valuable there! :lol: Actually, Lamoondove, I was looking for glass eyes in the crafts store yesterday and couldn't find any. I'm wondering where to get them. I'm not good at painting tiny things but some of the ones I've seen on other sites have the glass eyes and they are lifelike.

DragonsChest
December 15th, 2003, 02:37 PM
I was looking for glass eyes in the crafts store yesterday and couldn't find any. I'm wondering where to get them. I'm not good at painting tiny things but some of the ones I've seen on other sites have the glass eyes and they are lifelike.

Try this link: http://www.sistersanddaughters.com/wingsandeyes.html This is where I get my mylar fairy and dragonfly wings. They are fast shippers and very friendly on the phone when I've called.

:floating:

Lamoondove
December 15th, 2003, 03:09 PM
I have seen em ,,,,

I am proud of First Goddess Statue ,,, I surly am !!!!
~~~~~Hugs~~~~~~~~~~ BB~~~~~~MP

Flar's Freyja
December 15th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Try this link: http://www.sistersanddaughters.com/wingsandeyes.html This is where I get my mylar fairy and dragonfly wings. They are fast shippers and very friendly on the phone when I've called.

:floating:

Wow! Thank you! I'll get with them when I'm ready to take this on. I need a clay tool to make the indentations as well.

Hoot
December 15th, 2003, 05:09 PM
I love seeing your new work. You've been working hard, too - taking off in all directions and getting really good!

Flar's Freyja
December 15th, 2003, 06:56 PM
I love seeing your new work. You've been working hard, too - taking off in all directions and getting really good!

Thanks! Okay, better pics of the new one. She is actually going to Semele's mom for Yule. I haven't thought about what to call her yet.

PeleRising
December 17th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Wahhhh HOoooooooooooooooooo... I just got my Goddess in the mail... She is soooo beautiful. She is one of the dancing goddesses and i adore her. :bouncybob I want to tell you she is gorgeous. I am so in love with her...she definitely has an awesome energy about her... Thank you so much Freyja... :hugz:

MoonDust
December 17th, 2003, 06:35 PM
:wah:

I broke her :wah::wah::wah::wah:

Flar's Freyja
December 18th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Wahhhh HOoooooooooooooooooo... I just got my Goddess in the mail... She is soooo beautiful. She is one of the dancing goddesses and i adore her. :bouncybob I want to tell you she is gorgeous. I am so in love with her...she definitely has an awesome energy about her... Thank you so much Freyja... :hugz:

Thanks so much! I wish the pictures did them justice! Doesn't she look ready to get down and boogie? No matter what angle I tried, I couldn't get that in a picture. I even tried flipping the image and she looked deformed :( I know that when I made her I knew that she was for you for various reasons, and I am so glad that you like her!

I broke her :wah::wah::wah:

:wah: PM me so I can help :hugz:

LadyWillow
December 18th, 2003, 01:15 AM
My! I havn't been here in awhile and I come back and your goddesses are growing more lovely! Honestly, after Christmas I am getting one from you! lol it's just so hard to make a decision as to what I want though! lol

MoonDust
December 18th, 2003, 02:56 AM
:wah: PM me so I can help :hugz:
Just my luck I read this after you get off line. It was one of her arms. She's in a cast right now (tape) sitting on my desk at work. Itíll have to do until I can get to a tube of Krazy Glue. *sigh* Klutz that I am.

LadyWillow
December 18th, 2003, 03:25 AM
Oh dear, I hope you get her fixed.

Flar's Freyja
December 18th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Just my luck I read this after you get off line. It was one of her arms. She's in a cast right now (tape) sitting on my desk at work. Itíll have to do until I can get to a tube of Krazy Glue. *sigh* Klutz that I am.

I don't know how to make them less fragile :( Someone told me to glaze them because it makes the clay stronger - I actually didn't like glazing yours because the glaze got on the stone. The colors actually look fine unglazed and I haven't been glazing them - and you've confirmed that it doesn't really help.

When you go glue shopping, get the Crazy Glue gel - it works much better BUT be careful that you only use a small drop or two. If you use too much and it oozes out, you can't wipe it off. If it is a clean break, you won't even be able to tell. Bondini is also a wonderful glue, like Crazy Glue but better, but I can't find it around here anymore, so I don't know if it still exists.

I sure hope you can fix her! The store I buy from has discontinued that color :wah: and I haven't checked yet to see if I can still get it.

A dear friend is revamping my site but she's really busy and I don't know when she'll be finished. I tried to make a few changes on my own since a few people are doing banner exchanges with me. Let me know what you think:

http://www.oymygoddess.com

MoonDust
December 18th, 2003, 01:58 PM
it was a good clean break so you won't really see. seem is almost invisible with her little tape cast so I don't think there will be much of one when I glue her back together. Right now there's just 2 strips of tape holding her arm up from behind. looks like a sports injury :D

Not your fault at all this happened, but my own. You know the saying about a bull in a china shop? Well the whole world's my china shop!

BTW everyone at work was raving about her. Thought I did it. :D set them straight on that right away.

Flar's Freyja
December 18th, 2003, 03:42 PM
it was a good clean break so you won't really see. seem is almost invisible with her little tape cast so I don't think there will be much of one when I glue her back together. Right now there's just 2 strips of tape holding her arm up from behind. looks like a sports injury :D

Not your fault at all this happened, but my own. You know the saying about a bull in a china shop? Well the whole world's my china shop!

BTW everyone at work was raving about her. Thought I did it. :D set them straight on that right away.

They DO break very easily though. I AM disappointed that my making them larger and more solid hasn't helped with that. The clay does glue very nicely.

Thanks for setting 'em straight! And my site's open for visitors, send 'em over! :D

MoonDust
December 18th, 2003, 04:04 PM
will do. how're the renovations to the site going?

Never mind I just saw for myself. Great job on the site! love the swirl effect!

BTW the 1st pic of the 4 for Flora doesnít show

Flar's Freyja
December 18th, 2003, 05:09 PM
will do. how're the renovations to the site going?

Never mind I just saw for myself. Great job on the site! love the swirl effect!

BTW the 1st pic of the 4 for Flora doesnít show

Fixed! Thanks!

She'll have it done in a few weeks. Since I have to learn how to do it myself, I've been playing around to get it to look a bit better in the meantime.

MoonDust
December 18th, 2003, 05:14 PM
This Friday (if they choose to pay us on Friday and not Monday) I'm going to go get some more materials. (yay!) A new technique came to me last night and I've been itching to get at some wax. Planning on getting a digital camera this weekend too. *dancing around in anticipation*
if all goes well I'll have a thread dedicated to my teeny candles by next Sunday! :woot:

Hoot
December 18th, 2003, 06:47 PM
Honestly, after Christmas I am getting one from you!

Me too! I'm still trying to decide which one...

LadyWillow
December 18th, 2003, 07:00 PM
I know Hoot! I have no idea which one to get! It's a very hard decision to make!

Flar's Freyja
December 18th, 2003, 07:37 PM
My! I havn't been here in awhile and I come back and your goddesses are growing more lovely! Honestly, after Christmas I am getting one from you! lol it's just so hard to make a decision as to what I want though! lol

I just saw this, thanks so much! It's only because you all encouraged me even when my stuff wasn't very good! If this works on an adult, can you imagine what we can do for our kids.....

I have many visions for the new goddess, Flora, and tons of other ideas! Think about what you would like to use her for and we can go from there. Don't forget that I can add stones, shells, etc. depending upon availability, and that auntie Freyja has layaway :D

LadyWillow
December 18th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Hehe, I just want a beatiful statue that portrays her in a lovely lively fashion. I don't really have any specific ideas as to what to use her for though.

Flar's Freyja
December 18th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Hehe, I just want a beatiful statue that portrays her in a lovely lively fashion. I don't really have any specific ideas as to what to use her for though.

Well, I have done some where people just gave me creative freedom......and I love doing them that way, it's like doing a reading.

Think about colors and such and let me know when you're ready for her.

LadyWillow
December 18th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Blue! lol that has got to be the color. Anyway, after the holiday season, I should be ready for her. :)

Flar's Freyja
December 18th, 2003, 08:44 PM
Blue! lol that has got to be the color. Anyway, after the holiday season, I should be ready for her. :)

Easy!

Flar's Freyja
December 20th, 2003, 09:55 AM
The first Flora Proserpina left to go to her new owner last night as well as her terra cotta sister, Rose:wah:.....Semele purchased them for her mom and sister.

Flar's Freyja
December 25th, 2003, 03:14 AM
This is Flora done in terra cotta - except in this clay she seems more like Rose to me. I made this one for a Yule gift for my son's girlfriend:

Lamoondove
December 25th, 2003, 11:36 AM
I Love em .......

I had my first dream ,, and did a thread on it ,,, Please Frayja go read it and give me your thoughts ,k,

Pssss you can just do my mini alter in white ,k, if ya can you can do ruen signs and pentakels on it and Goddess symbols to ,,,,If ya can if ya cant it would be ok for me to draw these things on there woundnt it ????

Think it would be ok if i painted eye's on my Goddess ???

I had other questions to but they are posted in my Dream thread ,k,

Love and Hugies to ya ,,,,,,,, :colorful:
Bright Blessings:)

Lamoondove
December 25th, 2003, 11:39 AM
The main thing is I dont want to hurt her powers in any way ,,,,, and wondered if mabe negative people have handled her on the way to me ,, but i didnt want to take any of your energy from her ,,,,

just the neg energy,,,,,she might have come across on way to me from post man or something,,,,,,,

Look forward to your reply:)
Hugies,,Light and Love!!!!

Flar's Freyja
December 25th, 2003, 02:36 PM
I Love em .......

I had my first dream ,, and did a thread on it ,,, Please Frayja go read it and give me your thoughts ,k,

Pssss you can just do my mini alter in white ,k, if ya can you can do ruen signs and pentakels on it and Goddess symbols to ,,,,If ya can if ya cant it would be ok for me to draw these things on there woundnt it ????

Think it would be ok if i painted eye's on my Goddess ???

I had other questions to but they are posted in my Dream thread ,k,

Love and Hugies to ya ,,,,,,,, :colorful:
Bright Blessings:)

Ooohh, white would be awesome - but - you may want to do these yourself because then you'd be putting your own energy into them. Think about it and let me know.

She's YOUR goddess, and if you feel she needs eyes, then paint away! I'm glad you've already dreamed a good dream :D (I'll go look in a sec).

As for the negative energies, if you feel that she may have picked up any, then by all means cleanse her like any other magical tool. I wouldn't worry about energies from your children or friends, but if you feel better cleansing her, then by all means do so. We can usually sense when one of our tools has picked up negatives. Yours is holding a pretty hefty amethyst cluster there, but the way she's holding it I'm not sure how susceptible it is to other energies since it's kind of protected.

Enjoy!

Tammy Sullivan
December 25th, 2003, 03:37 PM
I just recieved my Pele blessing bowl yesterday. Beautiful work Freyja, she is stunning. I am setting her up with her own little altar. I couldn't be happier with it. Sister, you have an awesome talent.

Oh, and hubby loved the boobies! heh heh :D

I got my eyes on Flora next... ;)

Flar's Freyja
December 25th, 2003, 09:42 PM
I just recieved my Pele blessing bowl yesterday. Beautiful work Freyja, she is stunning. I am setting her up with her own little altar. I couldn't be happier with it. Sister, you have an awesome talent.

Oh, and hubby loved the boobies! heh heh :D

I got my eyes on Flora next... ;)

(((Zeph))) I am so glad you like her! Again, I especially love making these when I know exactly who they are going to. With yours, the design has improved and I'm grateful for the opportunity to be able to develop.

:T Tell hubby that my hubby taught me how to do those!

This "talent" comes only from the Goddess, since I've never thought that I had any artistic potential at all. It's a gift that I am very, very grateful for.

Lamoondove
December 26th, 2003, 12:59 AM
Ooohh, white would be awesome - but - you may want to do these yourself because then you'd be putting your own energy into them. Think about it and let me know.

She's YOUR goddess, and if you feel she needs eyes, then paint away! I'm glad you've already dreamed a good dream :D (I'll go look in a sec).

As for the negative energies, if you feel that she may have picked up any, then by all means cleanse her like any other magical tool. I wouldn't worry about energies from your children or friends, but if you feel better cleansing her, then by all means do so. We can usually sense when one of our tools has picked up negatives. Yours is holding a pretty hefty amethyst cluster there, but the way she's holding it I'm not sure how susceptible it is to other energies since it's kind of protected.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much ,, you have made my day by letting me know she's really ok .. By boys did touch her but with happy good energy ,,, not negativity ,, she does have heavty cluster there :) She's ok ... One time a friend told me that ya had To cleanse everything you got and was a toll of anysort.. I didnt know if this was true and ,, I think you got very good evergys so i truly didnt want to take your out !!!

And ya know what ,,, silly me ,, you are so right if i paint on the symbols i will be doing it with my energys adding that to it ,, what was i thinking ,, i been saying that alot today ,,, was talking to my daughter on the phone ,, she says mom what was you thinking ,,lol,,,

,k, White is good for the mini alter then ,,,,:) I will have to hit the craft store get me some paints will have to paint my symbols in private or when boys in school or Boys will be like MOm paint this for me paint that ,, One still wants me to paint Flames on his hot wheel car ,, I didnt get to it that day and they havent been out again yet but if they see me at it ,,look out ,,, everything they own ,,, almost:)
some or another needs to be on it 4 what ever reason ,, tickes me but can get agervating when it is something else ya want to get done first....

hey ya Freja I got another question i been wondering about ?????
I made some lotion fused with Frankinsence and Lavender,, smells great ,, i was using it and looking over at my Goddess sitting there as I was rubing the wonderfull bled of the two lotions on my arm and was thinking ,, hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder if i could take the bottle of all three if there properties would be usefull by dabing a touch on her ?? Think That would also help to or No ?????? Couldnt hurt anything ,, right ??????
Please 4 give so meny questions ,, but i still learning lots and want to make sure of certain things befor i try it ,, More confident i guess as i am doing it if i checked all reascorces,, parden the spelling i know that has got to be spelled wrong,, not a hit the wrong key thing , :shhhh:
Danggggggggggggg so long again So Sorry ,,,,,, gee's ,, every time i get on anymore i got a million questions.......but hey ya dont know if ya dont ask right ,,,, :colorful:

Blessed Be.................Hugies,,,,,MPPPP

Flar's Freyja
December 26th, 2003, 01:06 AM
LaMoondove, I love your questions and enthusiasm! I'm one that doesn't go by the "book," and just do what moves me. Again, if this is something that you feel will enhance the energies and the tools you use, do what you are moved to do. While I also agree with the concept that we need to cleanse our tools, especially gemstones - I had an experience where I don't think it was what I should have done. I picked up a black quartz in a shop and its energy vibrated so much that it almost knocked me down. I took it home and cleansed it, and that energy was gone. People told me that it would come back but it didn't and I was incredibly disappointed. So again, just do what feels right to you. It's usually the Goddess giving you directions ;)

Lamoondove
December 26th, 2003, 01:47 AM
Yes i to like that concept do what ya think feels right ,, that is mostly all i have been doing and but yet there are certain things i read or hear and wonder hummmm wonder if this true and what would it do ,,, or not do ??

Man that bite about loosing the energys from the gem...I havent been feeling strong energys that vib in my stones and things yet ,, does that mean i aint trying hard enough or i am doing something wrong mabe ,, something i can fine tune up i wonder to feel these vibes I seek ,,,lol,,,, but true ....:)

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm again i say .... :colorful:
and see there ya go again ,, bringing something to my attention i should realised but didnt think of ,,,,
I thank My Lord and Ladies continualy for what they do for me with me through me ,,, Hummmmmmmmmmmm

well well well there ya have it ,,, some times it is right there just need someone to point it out for you once in a while,,,,,,,,,,,, in my case more offten ,,lol,,,,

Ok ne more question then i will be questionless the rest the night ,k, :lol:

Ready ..... here it is .........
nop never mind i figured out the answer to that one ,, I was going to ask if i can do it just sitting on the couch or set up a alter,, but have decided that a alter would be better to do it ,would have stronger vibes mabe but how i can do it for now will be ok not hurt anythig till i can do it the other way ,,,,
Noooo I got it ,,, I can use my mini alter to onoint her with the oils ,,, yeaaaaaaa ,,,

She still get a dab of Frankincense till then ,, she wanna smell good to ,,,:)

<k> I be back in morning ,, Good Night :) ~~Sweet Dreams~~~Hugs BB<<MP>>

Flar's Freyja
December 26th, 2003, 02:49 AM
:mmm: Frankincense is my favorite! I hope to be blending some oils soon to go with my girls. Yes, my story about that quartz is freaky - I never expected that. You're not doing anything wrong - it could be that gems are not what you resonate with most. I rarely feel that kind of energy from gemstones. I wear them all the time and I do think they work, but I don't often feel that buzz. Some people are more sensitive to those energies than others. Many stones feel really good to me, but not like that one did. That baby nearly knocked me off my feet! I also don't resonate as well with tarot as I do with runes. We all have different gifts, you will find yours!

Sleep well! and have beautiful dreams.

Lamoondove
December 26th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Thats right You did my stone reading ,, and I Loved that reading so much i printed it out :)
My printer out of ink now :(
But i really Love readings and learning how the different reading work,,, I Loved the way you decifer a dream let alone you read the stones so good to ,,, :colorful:

Some( Like You ) have meny talents...
and reconise there talents and can put em to use ,,, for good to come of them ,,,
This is also something i am trying to learn ,,,
how to Know and to make good use of things that do come easy for me ...

My fav thing in the world to do work wise right now would to be doing something of the path that would help others along the way as i have received help from all of you ,,,

One day i would like to be doing dream pillows and arts and crafts for a goddess shop if not haven a Goddess shop of my own at least be involed in and aiding to others needs in someway ,,,, But my problem is I get a idea and start something and do it for family and friends and never take it farther ,, Like the dream pillows ,,
i did lots of em for my boys and mailed a big ol box to ohio with a dream pillow for each family member .. was wanting to see if the Goddess at the Goddess shop wanted to sell some in her store but she already got so much stuff she cant even put out yet she told me ,,, well there went that idea,,,

Anyways ,, I think you are so right one day i will find my true calling and be able to do something with it .....:)

Till then i just sit back have fun learnig as i do ,,
and wait till it comes to me :) :colorful:

I sure do Love reading things here and learning here ,, I have more friends here at MW that feel like Family members that truly care ,,than i ever dreamed i would have ,,, It is a Blessing just being able to come here and Be with the family here that help me grow and Learn !!!!
Tis going to be such a great new yr haven all you all coming into the new yr makes it all the better !!!!!!!!!:)
:colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:

Love Light and Hugs !!!!!!!!!! BB MP

Lamoondove
December 26th, 2003, 01:29 PM

Desert Yaqui - the armoires actually came from one of your ideas! - the 'complete altar set' that you suggested. I'm having so much fun making these! I'm currently painting another style. I'm using a lavender base coat and antiquing it with blue and silver - very pretty!

I just been brousing around your web site ,,, Love all the Ladies and the T Bowl ,,,, Is it a water fountain??
You are so Blessed to be so creative and so smart :)
Not only do ya make all the great stuff you have great way and words to display it all :)
I was in the matser mind thread and poped over here to show Mark the mini alters and all you give in them ,,,, Now i am going to have more stuff you do added to my special stuff :)
After the mini alter i want the T Bowl but have to decide the way i want that Goddess to look ,, Or her shape she take like hands up or hands down Hummmmm that swould be the question... or do ya go with your instinks about that one ???? how to make the Ladies that is :) :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:

Gee's i am going to miss ya this week end ,,, you going to have tons of mail when ya get back on line :) :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:

<k, I gotta run do some house work but first got to go to ur Master Mind thread You have Tons of replys there already ,:)
And about to have another one added to it :) Big Ol hugie ,,, Love and Light , Bright Blessings ,,,,, :colorful:

MoonDust
December 26th, 2003, 02:31 PM
This is Flora done in terra cotta - except in this clay she seems more like Rose to me. I made this one for a Yule gift for my son's girlfriend:
I love this one!

I know I know I say that all the time but I do!

Now I can't decide if I want her white or in terra cotta!

MoonDust
December 26th, 2003, 02:47 PM
So I've got my Green Lady at work where she is working her positive mojo. Things have definitely changed for the better. I'll post a pick of my work setting as soon as I can.
In the mean time I'll just share my version of a portable altar, until I get my very own from Frey of course. :D
It's a wooden bowl I found at a store that I felt was perfect for what I wanted, I filled it with sand. Placed my lady on it as well as a smooth stone I've been using to represent the Goddess aspect, a Moonstone sphere, and a white candle. It's all laying on a pink hanky.

Flar's Freyja
December 27th, 2003, 12:40 AM
So I've got my Green Lady at work where she is working her positive mojo. Things have definitely changed for the better. I'll post a pick of my work setting as soon as I can.
In the mean time I'll just share my version of a portable altar, until I get my very own from Frey of course. :D
It's a wooden bowl I found at a store that I felt was perfect for what I wanted, I filled it with sand. Placed my lady on it as well as a smooth stone I've been using to represent the Goddess aspect, a Moonstone sphere, and a white candle. It's all laying on a pink hanky.

That is a wonderful idea! And I'm so glad things are changing for the better. I take it she repaired well? And look for a package early next week..... :fofftopic I'm too lazy and tired to pm you right now.

I've been busy! I need to get with you on your package pricing so that we can get the Goddess Lights up on the site :D

Flar's Freyja
December 27th, 2003, 12:43 AM
I love this one!

I know I know I say that all the time but I do!

Now I can't decide if I want her white or in terra cotta!

Had to go back a page to read this - I love both myself, but I think I'm a bit partial to the terra cotta. I'm thinking about doing the white ones with different colors for hair but I haven't tried one yet so I don't know how they'll look. I'm thinking gold for blonde, pearlized red for red and silver for crone.

These are substantially larger than the others. I can do smaller ones to fit your budget, but I like them better in the larger sizes.

MoonDust
December 28th, 2003, 12:54 AM
That is a wonderful idea! And I'm so glad things are changing for the better. I take it she repaired well? And look for a package early next week..... :fofftopic I'm too lazy and tired to pm you right now.

I've been busy! I need to get with you on your package pricing so that we can get the Goddess Lights up on the site :D
I don't blame you. Things have been entirely too hectic over here for me to even get online! Funny how when I get a 5 day weekend I'm the busiest.

MoonDust
December 28th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Had to go back a page to read this - I love both myself, but I think I'm a bit partial to the terra cotta. I'm thinking about doing the white ones with different colors for hair but I haven't tried one yet so I don't know how they'll look. I'm thinking gold for blonde, pearlized red for red and silver for crone.

These are substantially larger than the others. I can do smaller ones to fit your budget, but I like them better in the larger sizes.
Well the white one just looks so pure and just lovely.

The terra cotta, I can relate to her a bit more. . Makes me think of a beautiful Mexican girl sitting by a river somewhere. But you know thatís me.

Flar's Freyja
December 28th, 2003, 01:10 AM
Well the white one just looks so pure and just lovely.

The terra cotta, I can relate to her a bit more. . Makes me think of a beautiful Mexican girl sitting by a river somewhere. But you know thatís me.

I can see that! I made one for my son's gf and she likes to have a tan - even though it looks just like the other ones I did, it reminded me a lot of her. Maybe that's just because I knew it was going to be hers.

MoonDust
December 28th, 2003, 01:18 AM
LOL
well don't change a thing for mine! she's absolutely gorgeous!

btw I love the idea of the changing hair color.

Desert_Yaqui
December 29th, 2003, 01:25 AM
"... Makes me think of a beautiful Mexican girl sitting by a river somewhere..."

Hey--I resemble that remark!

But seriously... Freyja, I've attached a pic of the goddess colour I want for my Kitchen Set... I'll post in the other thread too just to make sure you see this...

(refering to the PM.)

Flar's Freyja
December 29th, 2003, 04:02 AM
:lol: Thanks, both of you! MoonDust, just let me know when you decide which color you want for sure. Take a look here:

Oy! My Goddess Creations (http://www.oymygoddess.com/page8.htm)

and let me know what you think - it's all I've gotten done so far!

DY, that's the green Sculpey Granitex and you already know I'm on a hunt for it since the stores seem to have been out of it for weeks now! I'll let you know as soon as I find some, shouldn't be long.

I've been working on the Cafe Press shop all weekend. I'm learning how to use photoshop but that does not necessarily mean I'm getting better at it :T Flar came up with the most genius logo for the dancing goddess: "Dance Like the Goddess is Watching" :D

MoonDust
December 29th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Hey--I resemble that remark!
Me too! :D

MoonDust
December 29th, 2003, 11:30 AM
:lol: Thanks, both of you! MoonDust, just let me know when you decide which color you want for sure. Take a look here:

Oy! My Goddess Creations (http://www.oymygoddess.com/page8.htm)

I'll be PMing you with the final desision today for my gigantic order.

I love my Blinkie!

MoonDust
December 29th, 2003, 09:54 PM
I got her! I got her!
She's gorgeous!

Flar's Freyja
December 29th, 2003, 10:09 PM
I got her! I got her!
She's gorgeous!

WOW, that was fast! I'm so glad you like her! Now I have to make you one with a loop that works! Thanks so much for posting a pic!

;) She's talking about my first Goddess pendant, a Willendorf. This one's done in lilac pearl clay. I'm also going to try some aromatherapy jewelry in the future.

WandererInGray
December 29th, 2003, 11:43 PM
I got mine, Freyja!!!! :D

She's lovely, absolutely lovely! Thank you!

Flar's Freyja
December 29th, 2003, 11:52 PM
I got mine, Freyja!!!! :D

She's lovely, absolutely lovely! Thank you!

:D You're very welcome. You did find the little extra?

WandererInGray
December 30th, 2003, 01:41 AM
*laughs and hugs* Yes! Thanks so much! (and the "karma" touch too.....*grins* I'd touch yours, but I have to spread some around apparently!)

Flar's Freyja
January 6th, 2004, 08:39 PM
*laughs and hugs* Yes! Thanks so much! (and the "karma" touch too.....*grins* I'd touch yours, but I have to spread some around apparently!)

Just want to show off the new Oy! My Goddess! banner, done by the banner goddess, COS9! She made my girls look awesome!

and my fellow claygoddess Dragon's Chest has inspired me - look for some sort of Valentine's Day special soon!

Hoot
January 6th, 2004, 09:06 PM
The new banner kicks a**, :lol: as the mothwench would say! I love it!

Flar's Freyja
January 10th, 2004, 12:44 AM
The new banner kicks a**, :lol: as the mothwench would say! I love it!

Me too! I still love looking at it!

I'm working on pendants - Flar and I got the loop bug worked out. Look for pics next week!

MoonDust
January 10th, 2004, 02:03 AM
BTW Frey

Your banners up at the site if you want to take a look. Let me know if you want that one of a picture of Flora up

Flar's Freyja
January 10th, 2004, 05:06 PM
BTW Frey

Your banners up at the site if you want to take a look. Let me know if you want that one of a picture of Flora up

:D and now I have a link to attach to your banner! No need to add Flora unless you want to - COS has ALL my best girls floating by on the banner!

MoonDust
January 11th, 2004, 11:32 AM
LOL
You know I didn't notice that until I ran the site! :T
I'm working on business cards right now (Finally!) Geez I never knew how much work there was in setting up and promoting a site!

Flar's Freyja
January 14th, 2004, 09:13 PM
LOL
You know I didn't notice that until I ran the site! :T
I'm working on business cards right now (Finally!) Geez I never knew how much work there was in setting up and promoting a site!

Yes, it's a LOT of work! It took me two weeks just to get mine set up. I have lots more to do and have to find the time. The Willendorf pendants are perfected. I guess I have to learn more about how to set the right size on the new camera for pics, sorry that it's so big.

Flar's Freyja
January 14th, 2004, 09:17 PM
I love this Nile goddess, but I don't think I'll be able to offer them. The clay is very fragile, so pendants with extended arms may not work. I dropped her on the coffee table and her arm broke off, it's glued. Wanted to show you all anyway.

MoonDust
January 14th, 2004, 09:30 PM
oh no. she's too cool not to sell!

Have you thought about making her a bit larger? Maybe giving her a stand?

I vote cool.

Flar's Freyja
January 14th, 2004, 09:39 PM
oh no. she's too cool not to sell!

Have you thought about making her a bit larger? Maybe giving her a stand?

I vote cool.

Oh, I meant as a pendant! She'd probably be okay as a goddess since she wouldn't move around too much. Pendants get more wear and tear and I'd hate for someone to buy one and have it break right away :(

MoonDust
January 14th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Oh ok

Thought you were just not gonna make her. Couldn't let that happen. :D

Flar's Freyja
January 17th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Oh ok

Thought you were just not gonna make her. Couldn't let that happen. :D

:hugz: Desert Yaqui has some idea that I may be able to get some sort of liquid plastic to strengthen her as a pendant.....

Remember the Valentine's Day Special! Free shipping on orders received by January 19th!

WandererInGray
January 17th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Freyja,

How about extending her arms up a little further so that they touch over her head? I don't know if that would add to the strength, but it would put them out of the way a little more so they wouldn't catch on something and break off.

Those are pretty though! *smiles* I may have to work out a deal with you again, I could test it for you and see how it will hold up to regular wear.

Flar's Freyja
January 17th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Freyja,

How about extending her arms up a little further so that they touch over her head? I don't know if that would add to the strength, but it would put them out of the way a little more so they wouldn't catch on something and break off.

Those are pretty though! *smiles* I may have to work out a deal with you again, I could test it for you and see how it will hold up to regular wear.

Thanks :hugz: I actually did already think of that, and the problem is in the installation of the loop that holds the jump ring. A piece of wire with a loop has to go into the clay, and the arms are not thick enough to accomodate it - unless I make it with a tiny space in between.........may try that. I've got to get better with the camera so that you all can see how pretty they really are! Photos just don't do them justice.

LOL, I was talking with someone this morning about shipping costs, and so far I've been paying about 7 cents after the outrageous $5 I charge for shipping for the goddesses - and I'm not even figuring in the costs of the bubble wrap, box and tape, etc. I know I've been losing money but I'm afraid to figure out exactly how much :hairraise Ah well, it's worth it. Those of you who have ordered have given such wonderful feedback and I can't put a price on how good that makes me feel!

DragonsChest
January 17th, 2004, 02:43 PM
I was talking with someone this morning about shipping costs, and so far I've been paying about 7 cents after the outrageous $5 I charge for shipping for the goddesses - and I'm not even figuring in the costs of the bubble wrap, box and tape, etc. I know I've been losing money but I'm afraid to figure out exactly how much :hairraise Ah well, it's worth it. Those of you who have ordered have given such wonderful feedback and I can't put a price on how good that makes me feel!

I know exactly how you feel. After getting the box, the bubble wrap, etc. etc., and all, then actually shipping costs added in (cause the dragons weigh more than I wish they did - lots of clay in those babies), I'm losing money everytime I ship one. But to really charge what the shipping is would be, well as you put it: :hairraise !

Does anyone out there have suggestions for Freyja and I? But we'll keep at it, cause we love it!

Flar's Freyja
January 17th, 2004, 03:00 PM
I know exactly how you feel. After getting the box, the bubble wrap, etc. etc., and all, then actually shipping costs added in (cause the dragons weigh more than I wish they did - lots of clay in those babies), I'm losing money everytime I ship one. But to really charge what the shipping is would be, well as you put it: :hairraise !

Does anyone out there have suggestions for Freyja and I? But we'll keep at it, cause we love it!

I did find out that if you traipse down to Wal-Mart at around 10 p.m. you can get boxes, sometimes before they take them apart. I don't know about you, but I have a heck of a time taping new boxes together by myself!

MoonDust
January 17th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Bubble wrap $1.00 -2.00 a roll at Wally world as well as tape. I've yet to find boxes that aren't too painfull.

Flar's Freyja
January 18th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Bubble wrap $1.00 -2.00 a roll at Wally world as well as tape. I've yet to find boxes that aren't too painfull.

One night last week I went to Wally World at around 10 p.m. and found that the employees in the health and beauty section were unpacking boxes of deodorant, lotions and shampoos that are the perfect size for my goddesses. When I asked for some, they gave me a few that they hadn't yet sliced the tape off the bottoms from yet. So all I have to worry about are the tops, much easier. Yes, bubble is $1.97 for a small roll, to be exact. It only does about 6 goddesses. They have a larger roll but hardly keep it in stock. Popcorn is $1.99 at one of the local mailing places for a small bag.

I recycle all of this when possible but I have ended up buying quite a bit in the last month or two :(

One of my clients works at a computer place and she has been saving some pieces of foam for me, good for lining larger boxes.

DragonsChest
January 18th, 2004, 08:59 AM
One of my clients works at a computer place and she has been saving some pieces of foam for me, good for lining larger boxes.

Friday I went scrounging at work for all the foam bits and nice sturdy boxes that our computer stuff comes in, and brought home a bonanza of loot. I'm also going to be looking into shipping foam. I'll let you know what I find out.

MoonDust
January 18th, 2004, 01:39 PM
yeah ouch. they've cutt out "mailroom privlages" at work (not that that'll matter in a few days) so I'm starting to feel the bite shipping-wise.

Flar's Freyja
January 18th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Friday I went scrounging at work for all the foam bits and nice sturdy boxes that our computer stuff comes in, and brought home a bonanza of loot. I'm also going to be looking into shipping foam. I'll let you know what I find out.

If you ever have extra, that would be great! I don't need them that often, just when I pack larger boxes. I stuff the smaller ones so full of popcorn that the goddess can't float around much.

Also - they apparently are discontinuing the teal clay :( I found a few blocks at the Hobby Lobby at 51st and Harvard. You might try their other store to see if they have any left. I know that I bought what little Michael's had left a while back. It's such an awesome color - maybe we should write the company? It also seems that they might be discontinuing navy blue as well - I just used that for one of the new goddesses and I'm not sure there's a suitable replacement.

DragonsChest
January 18th, 2004, 03:56 PM
If you ever have extra, that would be great! I don't need them that often, just when I pack larger boxes. I stuff the smaller ones so full of popcorn that the goddess can't float around much.

Also - they apparently are discontinuing the teal clay :( I found a few blocks at the Hobby Lobby at 51st and Harvard. You might try their other store to see if they have any left. I know that I bought what little Michael's had left a while back. It's such an awesome color - maybe we should write the company? It also seems that they might be discontinuing navy blue as well - I just used that for one of the new goddesses and I'm not sure there's a suitable replacement.

Ouch, I've used the navy blue in a few dragons, and Katie has used the teal in a wizard. I'll check in my Michael's and Hobby Lobby's, if I find some, do you want me to buy it for you?

Flar's Freyja
January 18th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Ouch, I've used the navy blue in a few dragons, and Katie has used the teal in a wizard. I'll check in my Michael's and Hobby Lobby's, if I find some, do you want me to buy it for you?

Maybe the navy blue, if you find enough. I was able to grab a few packages of the teal and probably have enough to give you 3 or 4 if you guys need them.

DragonsChest
January 18th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Maybe the navy blue, if you find enough. I was able to grab a few packages of the teal and probably have enough to give you 3 or 4 if you guys need them.

No worries. You keep your teal, we don't use if that often, and if I find some navy blue, I'll grab it for you.

Flar's Freyja
January 18th, 2004, 08:23 PM
No worries. You keep your teal, we don't use if that often, and if I find some navy blue, I'll grab it for you.

Thanks! Oh, don't try to get the navy at the Hobby Lobby at 51st and Harvard, I already got their last 2 packages.....

You have one where you live though, don't you? I forgot about that! The closest one to us is in Muskogee :(

DragonsChest
January 18th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Thanks! Oh, don't try to get the navy at the Hobby Lobby at 51st and Harvard, I already got their last 2 packages.....

You have one where you live though, don't you? I forgot about that! The closest one to us is in Muskogee :(

Yep, a Hobby Lobby in south BA and one in south Tulsa, and then a couple of Michael's, too.

WandererInGray
January 18th, 2004, 11:36 PM
Hey Freyja, would shredded paper work for packing?

Flar's Freyja
January 19th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Hey Freyja, would shredded paper work for packing?

The goddesses are so fragile that I'm kind of afraid of using shredded paper, and I also don't have my own shredder. I suppose it could work if I really used a lot of it.

We're going to be looking for some anyway since we've been told that's what we need to put in the litter boxes when the girls get declawed :(

I can't wait to unveil the two new goddesses! I can't until their new owners receive them, and the mail is slow this week due to the holiday......

Hoot
January 20th, 2004, 09:10 PM
((((((((((Freyja))))))))))

:bouncybob They're here! My girls are here! :bouncybob

I'm so excited that I'm all gushy right now, so will have to calm down so I can write about them! You really spoiled me, too... I love everything, you talented woman!

They're quite powerful, and even better than I expected.

Let me admire them more tonight and tell everybody more about them tomorrow. Thank you, thank you! :hugz:

Hoot
January 21st, 2004, 10:22 PM
All day long, three goddesses have graced the edge of my desk, bringing a feeling of peace and calm whenever I look at them. Flora is larger, and will likely stay in this spot, which isn't where I'd originally intended, but peace and calm in the office today has been helpful! The two smaller ones seem like they were just made to fit in the palm of a hand for meditation. There's a pretty braid that looks like a wreath of laurel on one, and the other holds the spiral shell.

Freyja, I hope you won't be offended if I say one of the things I love about them is their rusticity and that they have simple, strong lines. And so much heart and power!

They brought me a lot of happiness all day. I bought these as a gift for myself when an unexpected little windfall came my way. And I'm not disappointed - they really are a gift!

WandererInGray
January 22nd, 2004, 09:00 AM
Try the state offices. They should have a big shredder (we did) and you'd probably be able to take the stuff, though it depends. You would have to pack a lot in, but that's not really a problem.

*scratches head* We've got two huge bags at work, if only I could figure out how to send them cheaply to you. :lol:

Hoot
January 22nd, 2004, 12:15 PM
Wanderer, I agree that shredded paper is great for packing - before our moves this past year, I'd saved bags of it. And it was some of the best packing material we used since it stuffs in and around everything so well. We did have to use a lot of it, though.

Freyja, Flora is out on the balcony this morning, communing with fresh air and nature. She looks perfect there, too... And I thought I knew just where I was going to put them all!

Flar's Freyja
January 22nd, 2004, 01:10 PM
Freyja, I hope you won't be offended if I say one of the things I love about them is their rusticity and that they have simple, strong lines. And so much heart and power!

They brought me a lot of happiness all day. I bought these as a gift for myself when an unexpected little windfall came my way. And I'm not disappointed - they really are a gift!

Not at all, and I love it that you are confirming something that Flar said when I was looking at these fancy, life-like faeries that others are doing and I said that my stuff looked pitiful next to it. He said that anyone can do likenesses and that the essence of the piece is what's important - he used Picasso as an example.

I can't begin to put into words what I feel when I get feedback like yours. That is much more reward than a money payment.

Thanks for the advice on the shredded paper. I thought I'd check businesses and banks.

MoonDust
January 22nd, 2004, 01:49 PM

Yes! you put in to words what I couldn't!

Flar's Freyja
January 23rd, 2004, 02:43 AM
All day long, three goddesses have graced the edge of my desk, bringing a feeling of peace and calm whenever I look at them. Flora is larger, and will likely stay in this spot, which isn't where I'd originally intended, but peace and calm in the office today has been helpful! The two smaller ones seem like they were just made to fit in the palm of a hand for meditation. There's a pretty braid that looks like a wreath of laurel on one, and the other holds the spiral shell.

I was so appreciative of that large order that I wanted to do something a little extra for you. Your centering goddess is a little larger than the standard. I made one of those wreaths as an experiment on the little green goddess that goes by on the banner and thought it would be a nice addition to yours. Silver is for divinatory abilities - which you definitely have - and the intent is to enhance those.

You are not the first person who has said that they feel good in your hand for meditation, so I need to market them that way. I LOVE holding them myself!

Again, thanks to all of you. MoonDust, have you ever told them how I actually messed up your first order? :T I love it that the girls make everyone so happy, and I love throwing in those little extras. If I do nothing else during my time on this earth but make people smile, it's enough.

:huddle:

WtchyChick13
January 23rd, 2004, 03:25 AM
You go girl! :thumbsup:

I'm so happy it's going well sweetie--I really am. :hugz:

MoonDust
January 23rd, 2004, 11:31 AM
Again, thanks to all of you. MoonDust, have you ever told them how I actually messed up your first order? :T

nope never did.

I ordered a green centering Goodess and she ended up making a lovely Green -I call her my Gazing Goddes.

http://mysticwicks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13150

She's so lovely and I figure she felt the need to make her for me for a reason so I took it.
well imagine my surprise when I get my package, open it up, and included in there is:

http://mysticwicks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14609

Flar's Freyja
January 23rd, 2004, 01:32 PM
:T The extra Goddess was included because although I made the wrong goddess the first time, MoonDust agreed to accept it, even though she didn't have to. It was one of my best and I really felt it was for her, but since she'd really ordered a Centering Goddess and mentioned that she would probably order one in brown later, I made her one at no charge to make up for the error.

Customer service is VERY important at Oy! My Goddess! Creations!

And it comes back threefold - I now have lovely Godddess Lights to include with the mini-altars and a wonderful new friend :heartthro

MoonDust
January 23rd, 2004, 01:56 PM

It was a lovely gesture from a lovely person

Sowelu
January 25th, 2004, 10:27 PM
I got my Goddess yesterday and I love her!!!!! I love her texture, posture...color...and her name. I will post a pic here soon of my Altar where she rests.
Her name:
Oshun:heartthro
Thank You Freyja, with all my heart!!!!!:heartthro

Flar's Freyja
January 25th, 2004, 11:04 PM
I got my Goddess yesterday and I love her!!!!! I love her texture, posture...color...and her name. I will post a pic here soon of my Altar where she rests.
Her name:
Oshun:heartthro
Thank You Freyja, with all my heart!!!!!:heartthro

((Thanks)) The text from the beautiful pm you sent is on the Customer Feedback page on the site. I have been dying to unveil this one! So, here she is.......Oshun, Goddess of Rivers......she is always seen with a mirror. Ta-Da!

Flar's Freyja
January 25th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Here is a Willendorf in the same pearl green, as well as the new spiral goddess pendant with arms that will be less likely to break. This pic's a bit blurry, I need to take another:

Hoot
January 25th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Jade, I love the texture, too - they just feel smooth and good in the hand! I'm so happy with mine.

Freyja, more great work from you - I love Oshun!

DragonsChest
January 26th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Oshun is beautiful ~~ what marvelous work!