PDA

View Full Version : Question about Goddess Meditations

loopy
June 15th, 2001, 12:24 PM
This is a really stupid question, but please bare with me, as I have a very bad flubug and it's killing me. :(

Ok, so I was wondering-- when you do a Goddess meditation, how do you know it's not just yourself making things up? I'm a pretty bad meditator to begin with, but last night I tried the one with Freya that Dria El posted. Are you supposed to kind of guide yourself through it, or is it supposed to be like you're not thinking at all, and it's all up to the higher powers? Should you be still aware of yourself in your physical body at the time, or feel like your meditating form is your physical body. I'm just not sure if I actually conversed with Freya, or if I was just kind of having a conversation with myself. What makes me think this is that Her form was never really solid--kind of blurry, I couldn't really see a face. Also, I know I sometimes answered myself about certain thigns.

We only talked for a few minutes, and then I came out of the meditation and went to sleep. And I dreamt that someone showed me a lifesize Tarot card that depicted all the things I was supposed to do--and it was pretty much what Freya told me.

Is this just my weirdo mind here? How can you tell the difference?

Revelation
June 15th, 2001, 12:28 PM
Is this just my weirdo mind here? How can you tell the difference?

Let me ask you this: if the images and the feelings and the information that you end up with are useful to you and change your life in a menaingful way--does it matter?

I'm quite serious. Does it really matter where these things come from if they help bring us closer to Her?

loopy
June 15th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Well, anything that benefits is good, I suppose. :) I just have a real desire to actually speak to the Goddesses, and to find my patron. So it's kind of dissappointing that it's taking me so long.

Amethyst Rose
June 15th, 2001, 03:12 PM
I know exactly how you feel, loopy. I am also a very bad meditator and I have also wondered if what I see I have just made up, but my most recent expereince I have reson to believe was more real than make believe....

Here's what's happened:

I was attempting to meditate, when in my minds eye I saw myself suspened in space... just black infinite space. When out of the void came this regal, powerful, loving voice that said "I am she that is everything and nothing, I am the creator and the destroyer, I am everything that is, and everything that will be." It went on like this for a little while, and then standing infront of me was this beautiful older woman. She had long raven black hair, and a pale complexion, and dark eyes. She was wearing black and purple robes. She embraced me, and then it was like I became the stars and I sparkled back to earth and back to myself.

Now.... I could have very well just imagined all of that. What tells me that I didn't, was how I FELT when I heard her, and saw her, and when she embraced me. I just knew in my heart that she was infinite, and the most awesome presence I've ever been in.

So.... how did you feel? That should give you a clue....

loopy
June 15th, 2001, 03:15 PM
Thanks, Amethyst. :) I certainly didn't have that sort of experience (and I say that with envy). I'm not really sure how I felt, exactly. I think I was kinda stressed about what I was asking Her, so I was really focusing more on that, I guess.

Mairwen
June 15th, 2001, 05:24 PM
Go Amethyst! Heck, go Loopy, too! You both done good (as we say)!8O

loopy
June 15th, 2001, 06:19 PM
Hee! :D