PDA

View Full Version : GUH!!!!!! Some Pet's People! *rant*

Danustouch
September 10th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Today, Sky and I were driving down the road in Woonsocket (which is like...the armpit of Rhode Island) and saw these two women walking down the road with a small child, and an adorable puppy. It looked like perhaps a collie or a husky puppy (white and brown mixed fur, a bit of a bushy tail...). The puppy was god..I don't know..maybe a foot and a half long...so he couldn't have been very old. Little mischeivious, playful pup that he was, he kept grabbing the leg of one of the womens jeans every time she took a step...not her leg, not her skin, just the material of her bell bottom jeans which were probably just "moving" as she walked, and tempting the little guy. A couple of times she just turned around, giggled, and shooed him off. The THIRD time, she turned around and whacked him..HARD on the head. So hard in fact, that we heard the "Thwack!" noise from our place in our car, in the middle of traffic, on a busy street, on the other side of the road from where they were. I wanted to get out of the car and walk up to HER and smack HER Upside the head that way. Instead, Sky leaned out the window and screamed "How about I come over there, and smack YOU, only with my car (expletive beginning with a B)!" We really couldn't call the humane society, obviosly, because these were two total strangers, on a city street, and not in OUR city, so we obviosly would have no clue how to track them down.

WHY do some people get puppies, KNOWING how frisky puppies can be...and then turn around and slap the crap out of them for doing what puppies do...???

*sadly shakes head*

Sorry all..I just needed to vent. I feel so poor for the little guy... I wanted to just steal him , and take him home :(

amathera
September 11th, 2003, 02:37 AM
I know how you feel. I have rescued quite a few in my life. It is time that I stopped. Four at a time is enough. I really wish I could save every one but unfortunately, that isn't possible. Just make a difference where you can and hope that it is enough.

lovemy1dane
September 12th, 2003, 04:01 PM
I know what you mean, the last great dane that I had was a rescue. His prior owners got him as a puppy and when he was about 6 mo old (100 lbs already) his tail knocked something over on te coffee table so they kept him locked in a 5x5 bathroom all the time and only fed him 1 1/2 cups of food a day. The poor boy survived on eating his poop, when he was rescued, he only weighed 120 lbs at 5 years old! When we lost him in aug (we only had him 7 months) he was up to 170 lbs. I wanted to hunt these "people" down and treat them that way. Which is why I could not be an animal cop I would probably get fired for beating people like that with my billy club!

Old Witch
September 12th, 2003, 04:06 PM
Here's a picture of my last rescue.....I got her about a month ago.......well actually she found us............Apache.....

LadyAutumnCat
September 12th, 2003, 06:05 PM
I've rescued soooo many myself, it burns me when people abuse animals, there's just no need for it. They are so innocent and kind there's no excuse. Sigh...

DanuMoonrunner
September 12th, 2003, 06:20 PM
My "youngest child" now 9yr. old Lassa mix was found by my niece in a dumpster. She had a shattered hip and was extremely under weight. My niece brought her to my house in MO from TN and said she was completely untrainable and would never make a good pet. I've had her 8 years, she's very well trained and loving to everyone except people in Army boots. It just aggrevates me that people get a pet and then abuse it throw it away! Animals have more love in them than most people I know!

Flar's Freyja
September 13th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Today,
WHY do some people get puppies, KNOWING how frisky puppies can be...and then turn around and slap the crap out of them for doing what puppies do...???

*sadly shakes head*

Sorry all..I just needed to vent. I feel so poor for the little guy... I wanted to just steal him , and take him home :(

I wish I had the answer to that one - immaturity, lack of responsibility, I don't know.......

I can identify with your desire to steal. You heard my rant not that long ago about that highway I have to drive on and all of the bodies I see.......I have been so tempted to pull over and pick up the ones I see walking down that highway late at night.