PDA

View Full Version : My weird kitten Casper

CajunLady
September 11th, 2003, 08:36 PM
3 weeks ago we adopted a kitten from the local animal control. She's a Siamese mix (mixed with what I don' t know. I'm going by what they said she was...then again they also said she was 10-12 wks old and the vet said she's only 6-7.) Anyways...her and our older cat, Spaz, didn't get along ot well at first. But they're doing ok now. Casper does some of the strangest things and one of them I should consider a good thing, at least I think!!! First off, she like to jump in the tub and drink the little bit of water that stays behind. But the weirdest thing is this--she jumps on the side of the tub, while I'm bathing. Then she moves down on me and starts to drink the water that I am bathing in!! I don't know if to consider this a good thing or just a weird thing!!! What do you think? Do I just have weird kitty or what?

~~Rowan

Persephone
September 11th, 2003, 09:32 PM
My kitty, Marlowe, used to do that when she was small. Then she fell in, and now she doesn't do it anymore! I've known lots of cats, though, and ours are the only 2 I've ever heard of doing that. Marlowe is a "spirit guide cat", mayber yours is too.

nomadicdragon
September 11th, 2003, 09:35 PM
3 weeks ago we adopted a kitten from the local animal control. She's a Siamese mix (mixed with what I don' t know. I'm going by what they said she was...then again they also said she was 10-12 wks old and the vet said she's only 6-7.) Anyways...her and our older cat, Spaz, didn't get along ot well at first. But they're doing ok now. Casper does some of the strangest things and one of them I should consider a good thing, at least I think!!! First off, she like to jump in the tub and drink the little bit of water that stays behind. But the weirdest thing is this--she jumps on the side of the tub, while I'm bathing. Then she moves down on me and starts to drink the water that I am bathing in!! I don't know if to consider this a good thing or just a weird thing!!! What do you think? Do I just have weird kitty or what?

~~Rowan

You know my chihuahuas always stay in the bathroom when i shower.. they lick the walls.. and if i take a bath they try to drink the water. The oldest one, Pepper, has jumped into the water once or twice... it always cracks me up... maybe our animals are as magickal if not more so then we are... they are definitely cuter. :)

CajunLady
September 11th, 2003, 10:43 PM
My kitty, Marlowe, used to do that when she was small. Then she fell in, and now she doesn't do it anymore! I've known lots of cats, though, and ours are the only 2 I've ever heard of doing that. Marlowe is a "spirit guide cat", mayber yours is too.

Casper has fallen in almost everytime, but it hasn't phased her one bit!! Surprises me everytime!!! How can I find out if she is a spirit guide?

~~Rowan

Old Witch
September 11th, 2003, 11:43 PM
I had a Siamese Kitten 30 years ago that did the same thing......That was a wild one......

amathera
September 12th, 2003, 01:20 AM
I had a cat named Brandy. He used to climb into the sink and bump the faucet until it trickled and then stick his head in it. And, if I left the dishwasher open, he would climb in the bottom and roll in the leftover water. HE WAS WEIRD!!!!!!!

LittlePerson
September 12th, 2003, 07:18 AM
Our black cat Demon, a female, does that in our shower after someone is done. I guess it's an instinct to find natural or more natural water like when cats weren't domesticated. She can have water in her bowl but prefers shower water. Lol.

Magick
September 12th, 2003, 11:22 AM
My cat Salem LOVES to drink from the faucet...Infact most the time he wont drink from his dish..LoL

Theres
September 12th, 2003, 10:29 PM
rowan_firemist, your picture of Bast is incredible!

CajunLady
September 12th, 2003, 10:37 PM
rowan_firemist, your picture of Bast is incredible!

(blushes)Thank you very much!!

CajunLady
September 12th, 2003, 10:37 PM
I just posted a pic of Casper and her with my daughter under the MW Pets post!

~~Rowan

Persephone
September 16th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Casper has fallen in almost everytime, but it hasn't phased her one bit!! Surprises me everytime!!! How can I find out if she is a spirit guide?

~~Rowan

Well, it took me about 10 years to figure it out with my cat. She goes on 'astral trips' with me, usually lying on my legs, and pulls me back when needed, and meditates with me, and purrs for me when I am doing any kind of ritual. Added to that is 17 years of being the 'single set of footprints' in my life, in other words, just walking life beside me, letting me cry into her fur, purring me to sleep when I'm upset, and waking me up every morning petting my face or brushing my hair with her claws. Etc. I guess it's just something you figure out after awhile. If she keeps you safe and focused, and seems to be working with you on your spirituality... she's a guide.