PDA

View Full Version : 101 ways to praise a child

Yvonne Belisle
June 17th, 2001, 01:35 AM
101 Ways To Praise A Child
* Wow * Way To Go * Super * You're Special * Outstanding * Excellent *Great
* Good * Neat * Well Done * Remarkable * I Knew You Could Do It * I'm Proud Of You * Fantastic * Super Star * Nice Work * Looking Good * You're On Top Of It * Beautiful * Now You're Flying * You're Catching On * Now You've Got It * You're Incredible * Bravo * You're Fantastic * Hurray For You * You're On Target * You're On Your Way * How Nice * How Smart * Good Job *
That's Incredible * Hot Dog * Dynamic * You're Beautiful * You're Unique * Nothing Can Stop You Now * Good For You * I like You * You're A Winner * Remarkable Job * Beautiful Work * Spectacular * You're Spectacular * You're A Darling * You're Precious * Great Discovery * You've Discovered The Secret * You Figured It Out * Fantastic Job * Hip, Hip, Hurray * Bingo * Magnificent * Marvelous * Terrific * You're Important * Phenomenal * You're Sensational * Super Work * Creative Job * Super Job * Fantastic Job * Exceptional Performance * You're A Real Trooper * You Are Responsible * You Are Exciting * You Learned It Right * What An Imagination * What A Good Listener * You Are Fun * You're Growing Up * You Tried Hard * You Care * Beautiful Sharing * Outstanding Performance * You're A Good Friend * I Trust You * You're Important * You Mean Alot To Me * You Make Me Happy * You Belong * You've Got A Friend * You Make Me Laugh * You Brighten My Day * I Respect You * You Mean The World To Me * That's Correct * You're A Joy * You're A Treasure
* You're Wonderful * You're Perfect * Awesome * A Plus Job * You're The Best * A Big Hug * A Big Kiss * I Love You!

raevyncigany
June 17th, 2001, 04:40 PM
I have another one "you are my Sunshine"....or "you are my little one" or in my case in particular "you are Mommy's lady-girl" :sunny:

BB

Rae )0(

Danustouch
October 6th, 2001, 12:17 AM
*BUMP* Loved this!

Swanspirit
October 6th, 2001, 01:34 AM
Too ..........
Very Nice......
Love and Light
Swannie

GoddessofWisdom
October 7th, 2001, 10:43 PM
I have no problem praising my daughter when she does something well.......My problem is : How do I correct her when she does something wrong without sounding like I am critisizing her or putting her down????
No matter what I say or how I say it I always feel as if I'm bashing her.

:\

I use alot of the phrases that are listed and
I always use a few of these for encouragement:

*You're my sweetheart
*Your the love of my life
*You are THE best thing that I ever made
* I couldn't have dreamed of a more beautiful and intelligent child if I tried
I try to see if she knows I love her and I ask her these:

*Who's my good girl?
*Who's momma's sweetheart?
*Who's momma's favorite girl?
*who does momma love most?

And alot of others:D

Mairwen
October 7th, 2001, 10:45 PM
Never, ever tell your child she's "bad" ~ maybe her actions have been, but she's not ... Taht's one of my pet peeves. :(

Danustouch
October 8th, 2001, 01:14 AM
I agree Mairwen. I'm not a parent yet, but...I was once a child, I've also studied child psychology and developement. What I've learned through both my studies, and my own experiences, is that it's a good idea, to use "I" messages when trying to correct your childs behavior. Use statements like "I feel very dissappointed", and "That hurts me.". Instead of "You messed up" or "How could you do this to me?". Address the issue, not the child. In other words...don't use the phrase "You're being bad". or "You're untrustworthy" or any of those things. Instead, try saying "Hitting your brother hurts him, and it's not very nice"....and tell them about the consequences for their actions. That's another of MY pet peeves. When parents say.."Don't do this, because I said so". This approach may work on a very small child, who doesn't yet have the reasoning capabilities to understand some larger issues. But...as they start to develope..they need to understand why things are bad, why they are wrong, what the potential consequences of thier actions are. Simply saying.."Don't do that, it's bad". Is not enough of an explanation for the inquisitive mind of a child. "Don't run out into the street, because you may get hit by a car, and get hurt really bad, and Mommy and Daddy would worry a lot, and cry"....these are concepts that a five year old can even understand.

These are just my suggestions, because I was once a child, and got alot of the "Because I told you so" 's and the "Bad Girl!" 's.

GoddessofWisdom
October 9th, 2001, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Mairwen
Never, ever tell your child she's "bad" ~ maybe her actions have been, but she's not ... Taht's one of my pet peeves. :(

I've never done that I think it's very demeaning. Like you're telling them that they are worthless.

FaerieLuma
January 27th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Very Nice!!!!:thumbsup:

Mnemosyne
February 8th, 2004, 02:28 PM
I love these words. We have a poster of this at work on the door in our office. Since it's on the door, it's the last thing that I see before I head off to my classroom. I always try to use one of these words to praise the children when I catch them doing well. :)

Antoninus
February 8th, 2004, 04:58 PM
VERY Important "You didnt screw up too bad!" Is NOT a compliment!