PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Runes question

Javyn
September 17th, 2003, 03:49 PM
I just got some runes and was wondering how exactly do you pick out the runes for your casting or whatever? Just draw them out of the bag randomly after mixing them or someting?

What the question is also getting at...is how do you determine when a rune is "reversed"? When you draw a card from a deck, it is either right side up, or upside down; no in-betweens. Not the case with circular runes. Do you rotate them a certain direction or something? Otherwise you would get runes not only reversed horizontally, but vertically as well...

I'm confused, thanks heh

Eeluna
September 17th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Javyn--first of all no question is a stupid question. We're all beginners at some point. I don't consider myself an expert, but I'll tell you how I read runes. I keep them in a bag. When I'm ready to read them I shake the bag while thinking of my question. I untie the bag and move the runes around with my hand, then I search for the one that feels different--warm, tingly--it's hard to explain. I pull that rune out. If I'm doing more than a single rune reading, I continue in the same manner until I have them all. I don't read them reversed at all. I know some people do, but I think of each rune as representing a concept and an energy that can encompass both positive and negative aspects. I'm sure that someone else can explain about reversals.

Rick
September 17th, 2003, 08:05 PM
I don't read runes as reversed, either. You can either pull 'em from the bag, lay 'em face down & draw a few out, or cast 'em all at once... when doing a full cast, I read the ones face up... well, unless one of the ones face down is saying "Hey, look at me!!!" :T

Rae ShadowWolf
September 17th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Seeing as I'm new to Rune Casting, I have taken a little from everything and am reading them my own way.

First, I take the bag and cup it in my hands, then I visualize the person I'm doing the Casting for and ask for guidance. I concentrate until I feel the bag feel comfortable and warm, then I shake the bag and take 3 Runes, and Cast them upon the table softly.

I read them as they fall. If they are upside down, I right them and read them as Hidden. I also read them as whether they are turning, reversed, or upright. ;)

Flar's Freyja
September 17th, 2003, 10:37 PM
I don't read runes as reversed, either. You can either pull 'em from the bag, lay 'em face down & draw a few out, or cast 'em all at once... when doing a full cast, I read the ones face up... well, unless one of the ones face down is saying "Hey, look at me!!!" :T

What Rick said, and I draw mine one at a time from their bag. I normally do a three rune spread (past, present, future) and call upon the appropriate Norn as I draw them.

Ryhla
September 17th, 2003, 11:58 PM
I used to read runes with their reverse, but after time, I found that it was too confusing. Now, I just read the runes without the reversals. I've had better readings for it, and I was nowhere near confused with my readings as I was before. But it all comes down to a personal choice. If you feel that you need to read reversals, then do so.