PDA

View Full Version : A spiritual dillema...

raevyncigany
June 18th, 2001, 03:50 PM
What do you think about raising three children two separate religions? I personally think my daughter has it in her to be a wonderful little witch, but my sons 'feel' more of the Christian path (my husband's family is Anglican), and I don't know if I should try and introduce Wicca to them. What do you all think? It's a very hard decision for me, considering my in-laws do not know that I am Pagan and I am taking my daughter to our local Litha rit on Saturday, leaving my sons at home (maybe). I'd appreciate any input you all have.

Thank yous and blessings,

Rae )0(

clef0628
June 18th, 2001, 03:55 PM
Personaly. I believe we should rise our childern to follow their hearts. And if one is Pagan and the other is Christian. Thats just fine. They only thing you meight want to do, is to tell your dauther not to tell her grandparents what she believes. I'm Pagan, but I'll gladly let my kids be any religion they want to be.

Lilu
June 18th, 2001, 04:04 PM
I agree with Steven.

You should let them follow their own path. How old are they? The boys may become interested later on, or by talking with their sister, or they may never be interested. Forcing them into Wicca, is no better than forcing someone into Christianity in my opinion.

I would also explain to your daughter why it may not be a good idea to talk to your inlaws about paganism, but if she is interested, then teach her. I would leave your boys at home for the Litha ritual, if they're not interested, they shouldn't be there, they may be disruptive for the other people who are there.

BB
Lilu

Mariposa De La Luna
June 18th, 2001, 04:53 PM
I would let the boys follow what they feel is right for now. Do they know any of your beliefs at all? When/if they come asking tell them the truth and don't hide it but explain to them that some people are not so open to your beliefs and that they should only discuss it with you and those you permit. Tell them out right that you will be ok with any questions even if they might sound stupid or wierd to them,there are no stupid questions. Then prepare for anything that may come. :D

The other approach is to start a study group with your kids that focuses on a different religion every 2wks or so and include Wicca/Paganism. This could take a while but may be worth it to ease in the idea that not everyone believes the exact same but they all have the same basic beliefs. I wouldn't suggest starting with paganism but more of the big 3 since they are very similar.

Lilu
June 18th, 2001, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by SAHM
The other approach is to start a study group with your kids that focuses on a different religion every 2wks or so and include Wicca/Paganism. This could take a while but may be worth it to ease in the idea that not everyone believes the exact same but they all have the same basic beliefs. I wouldn't suggest starting with paganism but more of the big 3 since they are very similar.

I think this is a great idea!!! That way the feel as if they have a choice too!

Lilu

Yvonne Belisle
June 18th, 2001, 05:23 PM
Out of my three older children I have 2 pagans and one die hard christian. He has been stating for 5 years now that he saw Crist on night in the sky. He's 11. For him there is no question of his path. The hardest part is when he comes home from church with a friend and is confused because he has heard that witches are bad. It has taken a long time to get him to make judgements on actions rather than titles.

By the way yes Lilu that's why I think the question mentioned in the pm is a good one. :)

Yvonne Belisle
January 31st, 2002, 08:56 PM
Bump