PDA

View Full Version : My first Litha ritual!!!

raevyncigany
June 18th, 2001, 04:01 PM
Namaste all!

The divinity in me greets the divinity in you all! (that's what someone said Namaste means, and I just love it!). Now here is my situation. I will be attending my first ritual, a Litha celebration, this coming Saturday afternoon. I have never been to a rit, much less a Druid rit, and it is going to be put on by my brother's best friend, who also happens to be a Druid HP...he wants me to participate, and I have absolute no idea what to do. Help?!

:(

Slan and farewell

Rae )0(

Maggie
June 18th, 2001, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Rvyn Cigny
Namaste all!

The divinity in me greets the divinity in you all! (that's what someone said Namaste means, and I just love it!). Now here is my situation. I will be attending my first ritual, a Litha celebration, this coming Saturday afternoon. I have never been to a rit, much less a Druid rit, and it is going to be put on by my brother's best friend, who also happens to be a Druid HP...he wants me to participate, and I have absolute no idea what to do. Help?!

:(

Slan and farewell

Rae )0(

MY tradition of druids does not have Litha, the summer solstice is a preparation for the coming harvest. BUT--don't be nervous about taking part in the ritual, it's a very empowering experience! Do ask him beforehand just what he wants you to do though, that will take the stress away. Have fun!

Regards,

Maggie

raevyncigany
June 24th, 2001, 10:50 PM
Well, I have to say that the ritual was a roaring success (right Wyrdsister?!)!!! All three of my children and my neice, along with my brother, the members of the Grove and I all participated in the wonderful celebration. It was not nearly as stolid and serious as I thought it was going to be...we actually did more laughing than ritual towards the end (hoooooah, A!)! I found out first hand that at this farm where the rit was held, the fae run rampant! I had the strangest experience as we were meditating on the ley line in preparation...I felt three very distinct taps on the bottom of my foot (as if there was something in the ground reaching up through the grass and knocking on my shoe)! I felt the same three taps twice in a row...it was the weirdest thing! The lady that owns the land says that the fae are very active around there and that she wasn't surprised they made themselves known to me. The most touching part of the ritual (in my opinion) was when my daughter and my niece annointed us with blessed water and smudged our foreheads with mud as part of the purification before the ceremony. hehehe...I'm sure my daughter enjoy drenching us for a change! Now, I won't go into any detail about the ritual itself...although I realize it's not taboo to speak of it, I just think I'd like to keep the memories to myself for now :) Sufficed to say that it was an experience I will never forgot!

Slan and farewell, Freyja be praised!

Rae )0(

Mairwen
June 25th, 2001, 12:42 AM
Solstice is MidSummer or Litha for us. Litha means "Death", as it's the beginning of the Dark Half of the Year. Tarvos the Golden Bull is dancing toward his death. (His actual Death is (usually) the New Blood Moon near the first of October) We had a beautiful combined Litha and New Moon ritual this evening. I'm wiped out. :D