PDA

View Full Version : Justa Intro

nuada
June 18th, 2001, 06:33 PM
Merry meet,

My name is Nuada, and I am the male half of a magickal partnership. Both my partner and I only just recently started to tread upon this path, but, for us, the past year has been full of wonder and amazement.

My own background can be traced to Irish Celtic roots ( although at times, the link can been seen as very vague ) and my partners Great Uncle was one of the little people ( but I hasten to add that I believe that this is a joke to explain their somewhat lack of height ). So with this in mind, our partnership revolves around a Celtic Wicca.

Living where we do causes a lot of problems as we rarely can find private places in the wild. Although we live just a handful of miles from both coast and woodland, these are often places where kids meet, and so on. Basically, to commune with nature I let our back garden grow free ( although this is because I can be too lazy, and not because of anything else ) and hope that the neighbours can't see.

Anyway, this is just a brief intro to myself, so

blessed be, my friends.

Nuada

MammaStar
June 18th, 2001, 06:37 PM
Welcome & Merry Meet! I think you will like hanging out on the porch with all of us folk! :heartthro :D :sunny:

raevyncigany
June 18th, 2001, 06:38 PM
Blessings, Nuada, you are most welcome here!

Please lead your 'other half' up the porch steps, settle yourself down in one of Kaylara's comfy couch-chair thingies and let Blue serve you up a nice tall glass of lemonade. We hope you will enjoy it here, as we are a great group of people. If you have any question, do not hesitate to ask...there's always someone around to answer you!

With much love and light,

Rae )0(

btw...I'm the resident blabbermouth who thinks she's a moderator ;)

gunner
June 18th, 2001, 07:12 PM
welcome aboard nuada, and your partner too, there's plenty of room on bluecat's porch and all sorts of people to answer almost any question you might ask and a good variety of opinions and points of view to keep ideas and discussion moving

nuada
June 18th, 2001, 07:46 PM
Many thanks for the warm welcome.

I must ask the question, how do you cope with the negative attitudes around you? While neither my partner or I have spoken about our believes to our neighbours ( or in my case my family ) there is obvious talk about us ( our household contains six cats, two goldfish and a rabbit, all stuffed into a two bedroomed council house ). We are respected ( I have helped neighbours with their computer related problems ) but somewhat frowned at ( maybe that is because I have long hair, a throw back to my days as a student ).

Any ideas? Remember the Brits have a somewhat lesser tolerence towards new ideas.

Nuada

loopy
June 18th, 2001, 08:09 PM
Merry Meet and welcome! :D :D :D :D :D

gunner
June 19th, 2001, 12:13 AM
"how do you cope with the negative attitudes around you?"

basically i ignore them, my life has seldom been the standard pattern to begin with given my chosen basic profession, but it has given me a certain freedom that has been worth whatever risks have been involved while i've been seen as one better not messed with by busybodies. i consider my religious beliefs a private matter i discuss only with friends, such as here, and my employer considers my skills more important than my religion. my sort are not common these days.

bluecat
June 19th, 2001, 06:41 AM
:cool: Welcome :cool:

Enjoy the comfy seat and have some lemonade!

I think you will find this a greatplace and will come back often.

Don't worry about the negative crap, I have found that the more attention you give it the worse it is. It's like a weed, don't water it or it will grow!

Enjoy the place, don't sweat it.

Blue :cool:

Semele
June 19th, 2001, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the family!!

I second the notion to avoid watering those negative weeds!!

There is much positive in the world...no need to dwell on the negatives!!

Mariposa De La Luna
June 19th, 2001, 11:30 AM
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: MERRY MEET AND WELCOME!!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

nuada
June 19th, 2001, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the support you guys.

Fortunately, both Sky ( my partner ) and myself encourage one another to talk about our feelings in this matter. Without her support, I really don't think that I would have been as open to this wonderful journey called wicca, as I am now. I am glad that I have found other like minded people to share our experiences as we continue to tread this path.

Thanks again

Nuada.

Before going, I would like to ask if anyone out there has ideas on how to raise a child within a pagan household, as we are expecting our first child together on 14th Nov.

rantnraven
June 19th, 2001, 10:12 PM
Though I have no children of my own, my spiritual mentor had always told me the, should I have childeren, teach them to respect Mother Earth and to Harm None (The "Do As Tou Will" will come to then natually down the road). Howvere, he told me to take them to various churches as well to expose the child to other religions. This give the child a choice and they can never hate you for that.

Really though raising a child is just that; raising a child. They will eventually make their own decisions anyway - I did (Recovering Baptist).

Blessing and welcome to the porch,
RnR

reanna
June 19th, 2001, 11:45 PM
Welcome!!!! So very pleased to meet both of you. Hopefully Sky will join us soon too. :):):):):):)

Crimsonjen
June 20th, 2001, 05:57 AM
Welcome....not just to this group but to this path...I know how it changed my life and it brings me joy to know that there are people all around the world opening their lives up to that same feeling.....say hello to Sky for me and congratulations on the new baby to be....it is hard being alone on any path but you have a host of new friends today and we're all here in your very home...blessed be

Goddess Rhiannon
January 3rd, 2004, 02:20 PM
Welcome and merry meet....may you feel truly at home here.

CajunLady
January 3rd, 2004, 02:30 PM
MM and welcome!!

MoonDust
January 5th, 2004, 06:02 PM
:wave:

mol
January 19th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Welcome home!