View Full Version : OSU's Clarett Sues NFL Over Draft Rule:

Phoenix Blue
September 23rd, 2003, 02:10 PM
Suspended Ohio State tailback Maurice Clarett sued the NFL on Tuesday, asking a judge to throw out a league rule preventing players from entering the draft until they have been out of high school for three years. -- MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.com/news/969764.asp?0cm=c20&cp1=1)

:geez: The point of the rule is to give college students an education so that they can support themselves after they retire from football! If this kid--he's certainly no adult!--doesn't understand that the rule is there for his own good, maybe Ohio State should reconsider keeping him on the roster for his remaining years at the school.

September 23rd, 2003, 02:41 PM
i have little patience for this guy.
the fact that he's trying to do this rather than address all the other things in his life that should be priorities (like finishing school) tells me that the NFL is correct in having such a rule. he is NOT ready (and imo, not worthy), and i'd be pissed off if my Niners used anything more than a seventh round pick on Maurice Clarett. :rolleyes:
see if these names ring a bell...
Ryan Leaf
Lawrence Phillips
Todd Marinovich
headcases all, and i believe they were all first-rounders!

that said though, i think the idea of 'preparing these guys to support themselves after football' is rich! his signing bonus alone should take care of that!

Ben Trismegistus
September 23rd, 2003, 04:03 PM
I have nothing really to add except to say that my uncle is the lawyer representing Clarett.

No kidding.

September 25th, 2003, 02:01 AM
really? that's cool.

so, can you get me Jim Brown's autograph? :hehehehe: