PDA

View Full Version : my boo boo kitty

luna rising
September 26th, 2003, 10:52 PM
Ok, here goes.

I have not been a MW member for that long, and I feel strange about asking for a favor like this . . . I debated on where to post this, but I figured in with all my fellow critter lovers would be best.

I began feeding a stray cat a few months ago. I could not bring him inside, as I have two doggies, and their heads would explode if I brought a cat in. Plus, we don't have a lot of money, and I cannot affortd proper healthcare of another pet.

So, I just fed my kitty outside, sat with him on our deck and stargazed. I feel very connected to this cat, because (sounds kinda silly :)) he told me his name. I did a little spell/prayer one night after spending some time with him, and I got a VERY clear message regarding his name. That was the first time something TRULY magickal has ever happened to me. But now the weather is turning, and tomorrow I am taking him to a shelter because I have not been able to find a home for him on my own. It's a good place, they don't euthanize, and they spay and neuter every animal that comes through.

I was just wondering if everyone would think a good thought for me and Jester. He is lying on my lap (my husband is entertaining the dogs in another room - let me bring the cat in for our last night together :sadeyes: ) PLease think good thoughts that he will find a loving family, and help me have the energy to let him go. The thought of not hearing his little mew is hurting my tummy . . .

If there is anyone out there in the Dayton - columbus Ohio area that wants a boo boo kitty, please let me know. I am going to the shelter about 10 am tomorrow. Ach.
I am sorry if this sounds silly. I know so many of us have sick and ailing pets, and please know that my thoughts are always with you.

luna rising
September 28th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Cat update . . .It's funny how things come out in the end . . .

I took the cat to the shelter . . .and they had no room. They wouldn't take him. So I cried, no scratch that, I WEPT on the way home, just open heaving sobs (my eyes are still scratchy), and then the cat peed on me. That is a smell you won't forget anytime soon.

So I get home, I sit around for a few hours, and wait for the guitar player in my band to come over to pick some stuff up. He shows, we talk for a while, and as he is leaving, the cat jumps up on our deck. Jade says "Oh my god, that cat is beautiful! Is that the one your are trying to find a home for?" I said yup, and he said "Put him in the truck. I love him."

So I am thanking the powers that be, because they were looking out for my friend, even when I thought we had been overlooked. :floating:

Sylvan
September 28th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Totally awesome. :D Yay!!!

Old Witch
September 28th, 2003, 01:18 PM
Bast was watching.........That's a great outcome.....

writitive
September 28th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Someone is definitely watching out for cats lately...I'm so glad that you were able to find a home for Jester.

Cev'aq
September 28th, 2003, 03:31 PM
That's wonderful that your guitar player gave the cat a home! :)

mothwench
October 4th, 2003, 06:16 PM
that's such a cool story! really cheers up my day! :thewave: