PDA

View Full Version : Barbie and Ken

Mairwen
June 22nd, 2001, 02:42 PM
Looking for Craft clothing patterns for Barbie and Ken

reanna
June 23rd, 2001, 03:00 AM
This is assuming you want free or downloadable patterns, I am guessing?
My MIL makes these. I will call her tomorrow and see if she has any ideas.
I know it is a real pain in the butt to sew because everything is so teeny tiny.

Let ya know what I find out.

Mairwen
June 23rd, 2001, 12:30 PM
That's exactly what I need. I did a websearch last night and could only find crochet patterns. I need cloth clothing patterns.

Thanks so much!

Lady Tana
June 23rd, 2001, 07:38 PM
alas... i cant sew if my life depended on it... but i will call my mom tonight and see if she has any...

all my barbies where clothed by her and her beautiful sewing (and crocheting as well... you should see the wedding gown she made for me!!)

Mairwen
June 23rd, 2001, 07:56 PM
My grandmother made me a closetful of Barbie and Ken outfits, gowns, costumes, tuxes ~ you name it! But I can't find my patterns. I've lived hard the last 15 years, though, and have lost many things; the patterns are likely among those losses. :(

My mom crochets angel dresses and wings for Christmas tree toppers. Those will take your breath away!

I really do appreciate everyone's help. If worse comes to worst, I can always sketch something on paper and try the hit=and=miss route, though I'd rather not.

reanna
June 24th, 2001, 08:00 PM
Mairwen...
I spoke to my MIL.
She hasn't found any d/l style patterns online, but she said that (i think) that McCall's makes some very simple patterns that are very cute. She said that you can pick them up cheapest at Walmart if you are lucky enough to have one local.
Other than that, I could always photocopy the patterns and mail them down to you if you don't really want to spend any money. LMK

:):):):)

Mairwen
June 24th, 2001, 08:39 PM
I found a pattern today 1/2 off ~ it was still $5. I appreciate the offer. I'm going ot see if the shop owner will give me money for patterns, since she is giving me $$ for supplies. If that doesn't pan out, I'll take you up on that photocopy offer. Thanks!

Lady Tana
June 25th, 2001, 01:40 AM
well mom said she winged it on the cloth things.. she has crochet and knitting patterns tho...

sorry i couldnt be more help

Mairwen
June 25th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Thanks for trying. :D