PDA

View Full Version : Past Lives

Sequoia
June 23rd, 2001, 07:19 AM
I'm wondering how many people here actually remember past lives. . . I'm curious!! hehe so I'm submitting this thread to talk about it.

((snipped out of sheer shame))

Skye
June 24th, 2001, 01:45 PM
Really interesting subject.
I remember several past lives, and like yourself have encountered many of the same people throughout my travels. Unfortunately, in this life, I have yet to meet the man that has been my lover over the ages. I know he is here, I just have not found him yet!

Sequoia
June 25th, 2001, 12:34 AM
((I hurt me.))

Armitage
June 26th, 2001, 01:37 PM
I don't know, I've had lots of dreams of being other individuals, but a good percentage of those weren't human, either. I do however think that in one I was someone's maidservant or something similar, in a small cottage. I think he was huge and cruel, never hitting me, but usually a bastard.

Wyrdsister
June 26th, 2001, 09:00 PM
This is one I'm not sure of yet. I've only had one past-life regression experience (a baaaaaaaad experience) and I thought I remembered something, but the experience was so bad that I really don't remember anything anymore. Hmph...

Wyrdsister

Sequoia
June 27th, 2001, 02:04 AM
((Please make it stop))

idusty88
June 28th, 2001, 02:23 PM
I have memories of two past lives. They came to me spontaeously while I was still a child and consist of a single short snippet of memory for each.
What must have been my life immediately prior to this life I began remembering at about 2 yrs old. My connection to that life was very strong and I obviously hadn't been ready to relinquish it, because I still identified with it.
The other life I began to remember around age 10. I came to on a battle field. I had a head injury, among others, but was able to get up and walk around a bit (looking for water) before I faded out. I imagine I died not long after.
The level of detail, sensory input and unchanging nature of these memories are such that it is hard to confuse them with a normal dream.

How do each of you differentiate what is a past life memory and what is not?
Do you get more than one scene from any single life?

sylphanie
July 2nd, 2001, 12:24 PM
I'm not sure if I remember past lives or not. There is one instance where my SO had a dream/memory, and I could add details and descriptions of the environment that weren't in the description he'd given me. Stuff that I wouldn't be able to simply guess. On the other hand, we're very close and it's possible I could have just 'picked up' the image.

I also have very, very vivid dreams at times where I'm in a different body. The reason I say these aren't necessarily 'memories' are because I often do or see things in these dreams that are utterly impossible. One moment I'll be walking across a body-strewn inner court-yard and climbing up onto the wall, smelling the blood, feeling the cut in my thigh, etc...and then some dark figure will jump down from a 40-foot tower and be a pirate that steals from KFC franchises. ^_^

So, who can tell? ^_^

Sylph

Shy Hawk
July 2nd, 2001, 12:48 PM
Well, I sort of think I remember lots of things...you know how everyone thinks they were John Lennon or Merlin or something...but...(shrugs) I was probably very typical people of their eras.
I was definately a warrior of some sort with a very strong emphasis on chivalry and honor. I may have very well been a man at that time...and y'all know that for reincarnation being a different sex/race/whatever is pretty common.
I have definately been very religious...in reguards to many different religions, and may very well have been a monk.
I think I may have been around through the 60s and 70s...actually, I'm pretty sure of this aswell...
And, I think I made a stop in colonial times.
I have been a dutiful wife of the house, and I've been a wanderer, like a minstrel. lol A male a female. A seriously devoted lover, and a jigalo. Heh....A witch more than once I think. A strong fighter once, and a pacifist another time....(sigh)
I'm just all screwed up. lol
ShyHawk

Airyn
July 6th, 2001, 09:51 PM
I think I can remember past lives, but I'm still not 100% sure. This is basically what I can remember...

I've had this vision, in dreams, while trying to meditate, out of nowhere.... it's of a fair-haired girl, standing in a ring of stones. But I see it from first person, and I am the one in the center. It is night time, but there is some kind of light around me. I am not holding any kind of candle, so I'm guessing it's some kind of will'o the wisp (sp?). I am dressed in medieval clothing - a white, flowing gown. I think I am about 17 years old, and I think I might be doing some kind of magick, but I don't remember what I am doing so much as the little details from that one moment.

I've also been drawn to and felt a strong connection to stories and facts about the holocaust. Ever since I was little, I was really interested in books about it, and a visit to Pearl Harbour really piqued an interest. I think I died very young in the holocaust for some reason, although I don't have any reason as to why I should believe that. It just feels correct. And for some reason, I think I just remember it. Oh well, who knows? I could be wrong.

I'm really interested in finding out more about past lives and how to remember them, if anyone has any info to share!?

~Airyn~

ladyrowan
July 6th, 2001, 10:07 PM
I don't remember any past lives, but have been told about two. In the first I was very poor - huh, same old story this time round! haha.
Was a maid in victorian times, devoted my life to serving others and never found lasting love, just a series of complete and utter bastards - still no change there then. Looks like i'm meeting lovers from previous lives too then, but not so welcome!
Think i'll come back as a nun. Can you be a pagan nun?

Another life i died by hanging, but don't know any more details on that. I just hope i was a witch and not a murderer! :eek:

Tis true that lessons follow you from one life to another, i think.
What do you think on that?

Sequoia
July 11th, 2001, 05:49 AM
hmm. . . something that I picked up from friends of mine. . . in each life we learn lessons. . . and then go on. . . I suppose kind of a karmic thing. . .and the events that happened previously keep repeating until you learn the lessons and are able to go on with your life(s)

it would make sense, ne?

Shy Hawk
July 11th, 2001, 06:40 PM
I'm not the only one who puts "ne" at the end of my sentances. Speak any Japanese Puma?

ladyrowan
July 11th, 2001, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Shy Hawk
I'm not the only one who puts "ne" at the end of my sentances. Speak any Japanese Puma?

Sounds more Scottish to me!

Spirahl
July 11th, 2001, 07:26 PM
I voted yes because I remember two other lives.
When I was three I used to take off into the woods behind the house where we were living at the time. There I used to have a vision of myself as older and with other women around a fire. We were rubbing a spell potion onto our knees.
In the other, I was a very large black woman in Georgia. I don't think a slave, but a poor servant. People would come to me for herbs, charms and I would throw bones (as in divination) for them. What is strange is that last Halloween, I had a boy come trick-or-treating at my door and he saw me as this woman. He startled when I came to the door and said, "Oh, I thought you were a black witch!". I was wearing a fairy costume, all white lacy stuff and flowers, not the black hat, green wart type of thing that he would associate with "witch", or "black". Then when I threw a chocolate bar into his bag, he looked angry and said to his mom, "Those are bones! That lady gave me a drumstick!" My hubby had a great time calling me the "Drumstick Witch" for a while after that!
What I wonder though- if this means I'm supposed to be doing what I'm doing and am on the right path, or if I keep screwing up and so have lives that are repetitive lessons?:D

Shy Hawk
July 11th, 2001, 07:57 PM
It sounds like a lot of different things. However, in speaking a bit of Japanese myself, I know that when you put "ne" at the end of a sentance it means "right?"

Ex. You're a member of that church, ne? Translates to-> You're a member of that church, right?

lol, but I could be wrong. :D :D :D

Sequoia
July 12th, 2001, 06:54 AM
Hai, I speak a little bit of Japanese. Mostly picked up from anime ^_~ But I'm taking the beginning conversational Japanese course this fall so I hopefully will be able to make sence. I have a basic vocabulary, but not much of an idea of the grammer structure. And I can't wait for my class! I was so happy to get in, because there's only 35 seats a semester (there's only one class), and beginning is only taught in the Fall semester, I've been waiting a year for this class and I registered two months early just to get in :D

sadly, I don't really know any Scottish (even though a good chunk of my genetics comes from there ^^; hehe). A friend of mine gets annoyed when I try to immitate her accent because I just can't do it, although I do a pretty good Japanese or British-ish accent. 8O gotta keep working on it!

also- I thought that sometimes "ne" was just kind of a comment too ((I've been known to use it as a way of seeing if my boyfriend was paying attention ex: "I thought that the movie "blah" would be good. We should see it, ne?" . . . .well, I guess that could mean "right" too hehe.)) My dad gets annoyed with me for using Japanese in everyday language. . . sometimes I say "ano. . . " instead of "umm. . . " because I've heard it used that way, or "ano ne?" I've heard used as "umm. . .excuse me?" (of course, it could be those darn fansubbers at it again). I also have the habit of going "nani?" instead of "what?" or "huh?" it gets on everyone's nerves except me and my boyfriend and our anime-fan friends. . . so I'm trying to stop. But it's very very obvious that I"m an anime otaku -_-; sad, ne?

Do you like anime, Shy Hawk? ^_^

Swanspirit
July 24th, 2001, 11:39 PM
Merry Merry,
Of many past lives...... and I have had some
since I was a small child younger than five.
The first thing I ever really remembered was this overwhelming message that I kept having in my head from about two on up to five or six,,,, that was " YOU DIDNT HAVE TO COME BACK.... YOU CHOSE TO COME BACK....
I remember when I was about four or five, running up the steps at my mothers house, and reaching down to pull my long skirts so I wouldnt trip and fall, but I wasnt WEARING
any "long skirts" just little kid shorts at the time. I dont know what it is about being on steps.... but I cannot ascend a flight of steps holding a candle without almost going into trance, and having memories come.
Beyond that .... I have memories of lives with my sister,and my mother and my daughter, and my sons.
For several years back in the eighties I had ongoing compelling dreams of being in ancient china, and in the dreams I spoke chinese,an the words turned out to be real chinese words.
I did ongoing dream work with a Jungian therapist friend who helped me with ancient symbols and their meanings.
My youngest son has some memories that we have shared. He remembers the "oriental times".
My daughter remembers some things too :>, she is amazing truly... We are definitely "Venusian" in the astrological sense....My mother had Venus in Taurus, my father was Scorpio Moon in Taurus (that is the Samhein Full Moon),
I am Taurus, my Daughter is Libra, and her Daughter is Taurus again May 2 :> all ruled by the planet Venus.
Love and Art it runs in the family ......
Swannie;)

Lilu
July 25th, 2001, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by idusty88
How do each of you differentiate what is a past life memory and what is not? Do you get more than one scene from any single life?

The difference between the two (memories vs. imagination) seems to be a certain *feel* about them. Has this been discussed before? I thought I'd already posted about this... but it's not here, so here goes *grin*

I have several memories.

1. I was a female warrior in the medieval times, I had this HUGE broad sword, it was amazing I could pick it up frankly. It came to me in a dream, and I was actually taught by my brother to fight when our parents died. Then he was killed in some sort of battle, and I went to work as a personal guard for a nobleman. We had an affair, and his "arranged fiance" ended up killing me while I was unarmed and sleeping. These memories were experienced through a dream at first then visions/memories during waking.

2. This was experienced in a spontaneous regression with a friend who was guiding me in meditation. I was in a woods. Again with a brother, this time my twin. He had been involved in some sort of rebellion somewhere, and we lived in a hut in the forest that was hard to find. I have memories of being in a bar on the outskirts of this forest and several men coming into the bar and starting a fight with my brother, whose name was Daniel. I hid in the corner (big wuss! haha) while Daniel and his friend beat up these guys and then we ran. Another memory is where I am being chased through the forest, in danger, and I'm wearing long skirts, and I have long wavy light brown hair, I keep falling down in the underbrush.. My name in this life was Sarah.

3. This was experienced with a regression meditation tape. I was in a small room on a second or third storey of a boarding house. It was (I think) in the Victorian Era, and I think in Ireland. I had wavy brown-black hair and was wearing one of those long dresses that buttoned down at the front and had puffy sleeves. It was dark blue. I was looking out a small window in the room at the street below where a protest was occuring.

4. Using the same tape I tried to go back to the previous memory to find more info. Only INSTEAD I ended up in the desert! haha
I was male in this lifetime, and had a tribe in the desert which was massacred while I was away with several other men. We came back to find our entire tribe and families murdered. I had a wife and a little daughter. I think we buried them, but I can't remember much of that, and then I went on a vendetta to kill the men who had killed my family. I was killed trying.

5. I also seem to have some sort of vague recollection of a life in an Atlantis-like civilisation, but I think it was Lemuria where I was. I have a big fascination with Lemuria and it's legends, have since I was a child. I have a vague recollection of being a priestess and carrying a crystal wand down a street toward a temple.

The latest connection I've been getting is of a life in Egypt somewhere, or else in the temple of Isis in another country. I had a dream the other night, which I think was a memory more than a dream, where I partook in an Osirian Resurrection Rite. It was quiet interesting. I'd really like to find someone experienced in either the Isis Tradition or that of Osiris to see if my dream has any basis in reality. The problem with a lot of it is that many of these rites are unavailable to the uninitiated.

Lilu

Swanspirit
July 26th, 2001, 01:06 AM
Some past lives from the future which I remember as well .........
A lot of the present day problems have been worked out..... not all but a great many of them.........
I dont ever remember having been a male , but I remember some events in the stone age vividly LOL ahhhh sweet virginity ..... and an Island ..... there is always an Island.....
Teaching in the future is not done in schools as we know them , I can promise you that :>....
Love and light
Swannie

Lilu
July 26th, 2001, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Puma Hime
Lilu! you remember Lemuria?! :eek: whoah!!:D I've been trying to find other people who do! Actually, I remember Atlantis. . . it's a very long story.

I WISH I could remember more, and I'm convinced it must have been Lemuria though no one has ever in the dreams or visions actually *said* Lemuria, Atlantis has interested me in the past, but just didn't have that *feel* to it.

I had a dream once, where I was with my sister (in this life sister) and my friend (of this lifetime) and we were in a temple or stone building - it felt like a sacred place - and then there was all this screaming and panic and everyone was running around.

The roof of the temple collapsed and we ran outside to see all these rocks and fire (meteorites?) falling to the ground. It was the middle of the day, and people were being killed all around us, it was terribly hot! We hid under a spherical statue with other people and just prayed we'd get through it. That's all I remember before waking up.

I find the moon info interesting! That's fascinating :)

You know I'm sure there's been another post on past lives because I remember ranting about my whole "other planet" memories LOL

Write me Puma! I have some info on Lemuria and Atlantis you might find interesting but which isn't entirely appropriate for this thread.

Lilu

Sequoia
May 9th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Okay, all the crap I said as a kid... makes me want to stab my past self in the eyes with a blunt pencil -_-;;;;;

HeavensHope
May 9th, 2006, 11:44 PM
i dont know...that's why i have other ppl do readings for me because I honestly dont know.
I do have very vivid dreams, many many reoccuring dreams, dreams of being someone else and even animals. I was a turtle once...but i'm sure it wasnt a past life dream, I dreamt i was surrounded by other turtles in a public bathroom and i felt like i just couldnt get any privacy. (i have those bathroom dreams often actually)

Infinite Grey
May 9th, 2006, 11:47 PM
It would seem, that out 37 people, I'm the only one that doesn't believe in past lives

I stand alone!.. with me stoopid 'orse
\
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/kngt.gif

Elistariel
May 10th, 2006, 12:34 AM
I do. I remember small snippets from all of them. Some I just remember when I died, others have a few scattered memories. Some human, some not. I don't dream of mine.

Amythyst
May 11th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Yes...I believe in past lives and I have a single memory from one that pops up in a dream from time to time.

I'm at the bottom of a lake struggling and struggling to rise so I can breathe. And then I hear a voice in my head say, "It's alright, you don't have to breathe." I stop struggling and realize that whoever said that was right. I begin to look around.

I look up and see a brilliant white shimmer from light on the surface of the water. And floating upward is a woman's body. Her long blonde hair is flowing out gracefully in the water, her arms extended. She's wearing some sort of long dress and a cloak over that that looks like it belongs to another era. I can't see her face, she's floating face upward.

In a split second, I realize that that body is me.

I have had a terrible fear of water my whole life. I can't stand it in my face. I can't stand to even put my face under the shower. I won't step foot on a boat and I won't even walk out onto a pier.

Morgandria
May 11th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Peacock: Nope. Don't remember any, don't really believe in them.

Infinite Grey
May 12th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Peacock: Nope. Don't remember any, don't really believe in them.

whoop whoop! I's isn't on me onesies no more!

Little Billy
May 12th, 2006, 12:33 AM
whoop whoop! I's isn't on me onesies no more!

I don't, either.

I believe that the Gods eat your soul when you die.

HeavensHope
May 12th, 2006, 12:34 AM
I don't, either.

did you have a dark childhood?

Infinite Grey
May 12th, 2006, 12:36 AM
I don't, either.

We do indeed... tasty... I mean, carry on

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/fol.gif

Little Billy
May 12th, 2006, 12:42 AM
did you have a dark childhood?

Not really. It's just the only explanation that makes sense for why Gods demand worship.

They can only eat the people that worship them. Your prayers are like the appetizer, and when you die...ho ho! It's the main course.

The joke is, of course, on the athiests. Since no God can eat them, they get to spend eternity as a ghost, forever making objects move infintessimally small distances for the amusement of parapsychologists.

HeavensHope
May 12th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Not really. It's just the only explanation that makes sense for why Gods demand worship.

They can only eat the people that worship them. Your prayers are like the appetizer, and when you die...ho ho! It's the main course.

The joke is, of course, on the athiests. Since no God can eat them, they get to spend eternity as a ghost, forever making objects move infintessimally small distances for the amusement of parapsychologists.

So what if you believe in a higher being but dont pray or worship? :)

Little Billy
May 12th, 2006, 12:53 AM
So what if you believe in a higher being but dont pray or worship? :)

Then you go to the one whose name you take in vain most often.

Jesus H Christ is gonna be one fat God.

HeavensHope
May 12th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Then you go to the one whose name you take in vain most often.

Jesus H Christ is gonna be one fat God.

lol....well considering I say 'Gosh' alot of the time...i dont really know

Agaliha
May 12th, 2006, 12:59 AM
I voted "not sure" because really, there's no way for me at least, to feel like I truly know.
I have ideas, had odd reoccuring dreams all my childhood, intuition and things that resonate or that I have an adversion to with out any explaination.
I've always believe in past lifes and reincarnation, when it comes to it I feel no one really really knows.
Maybe I'm just imagining it all, I don't know. I do know I've had past lives though. I'm a skeptic when it comes to my own insights into mine, I don't like to claim anything specific unless everything makes sense. Even then I tend to have two possibilities that are similar in many ways.
Well for example, I believe I was in Kemet in a past life. Was I a scribe? A temple painter/worker? I don't know. Many things in this life make sense, but...I'm still not sure...hence my vote.
I hope one day I'll get those answers though!

Little Billy
May 12th, 2006, 01:20 AM
lol....well considering I say 'Gosh' alot of the time...i dont really know

Doesn't count.

HeavensHope
May 12th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Doesn't count.

then i guess there isnt anyone's name i take in vain. :)

Cerulean_damselfly
May 22nd, 2006, 10:53 PM
..joke on the atheists. Since no God can eat them, they get to spend eternity as a ghost, forever making objects move infintessimally small distances for the amusement of parapsychologists...

...ah, such as the trail of keypad typing in forum discussions...are you one such spirit haunting us in this life in the guise of a human? I am delighted and bemused usually to read what you write...

My only pertinent comment to the poll is I don't remember any past lives. I'm fascinated though what some readers have picked up from my imagination--usually characters that I'm writing about for a story/poem or creative writing exercise. Maybe I'm mainly a ghostly imagination dreaming of being human...

Regards,

Cerulean_Damselfly

Doodlebug
May 23rd, 2006, 05:35 PM
Nope. But then again, I don't believe in past lives or reincarnation.

Vitkyng
June 1st, 2006, 09:01 AM
I voted no.. I don't have any conscious memories of past lives...

The occasional dream or intuition slips through, I get deja vu fairly often, but I don't have any actual memories.

I do believe in reincarnation tho...

gurlygurl2004
June 1st, 2006, 04:25 PM
I said yes but it's not like a real memory like you might have in your childhood. It's more like things, events, and places that give you great joy or great disdain in this life and finding out you experienced it, seen it, been there, had it, etc in your past life or lives.

Infinite Grey
June 1st, 2006, 04:27 PM
5 out 60 MWers do not believe in past lives, use only as directed, if problems persist consult your local doctor.

gurlygurl2004
June 1st, 2006, 04:27 PM
I'm wondering how many people here actually remember past lives. . . I'm curious!! hehe so I'm submitting this thread to talk about it.

((snipped out of sheer shame))

I recently had a vision of sorts when doing hypnotherapy/regression.

gurlygurl2004
June 1st, 2006, 04:28 PM
5 out 60 MWers do not believe in past lives, use only as directed, if problems persist consult your local doctor.
8O

gurlygurl2004
June 1st, 2006, 04:30 PM
Nope. But then again, I don't believe in past lives or reincarnation.

I didn't used to believe in it until about a year after having some rough times and experiences and wanted to know why and then I had a past life reading done that seemed to answer alot of my questions.

Elistariel
June 2nd, 2006, 04:02 AM

:falloffch That chomp chomp avatar is freaking me out.

HeavensHope
June 2nd, 2006, 11:56 PM

Ooooh, I sooo wanna borrow your avatar for myspace, lol...I think it'll scare off all the pervies.

ThoraoftheNord
June 3rd, 2006, 12:15 PM
I remember three of my past lives. Some more than others.

In my most recent past life, I died in 1858, shot then burned alive. I remember much of it, scents, sights, but only of the night I died. I also remember a life from mid-1200's. My other past life is covered by my otherkin side.

I have also met the man I was married to in both the earth-lives. But thats a very complicated story, as is what I remember of the lives themselves, and what I know about them.

AvalonFrost
June 3rd, 2006, 12:17 PM
There are a few past lifes in which I remember.
Have actually been writing everything I can in a journal for the past couple of years.
Some have been remembered when I was younger and others are re-surfacing now at this time.
Once while a dear friend of mine was helping me through Reiki, I went into a kind of regression either on my own or through the help of this friend...
I do know that there are many reasons from these past lives that have shaped the person I am at this present time.
I would love to find more information on the subject.
There is one book in which I recently found called~ 'Discovering Your Past Lives' by Gloria Chadwick. Although it is on my 'reading stack' at the moment and I have only glanced through it so far.

MoonDragn
June 7th, 2006, 02:16 PM
I have mentioned my strange dreams before. I am sure they were of past lives...

Here are some snippets of them :

Dreamed I was a scot on his wedding day. I was in the bedroom with the new bride. There was a little blond girl sitting on the edge of the bed smiling at us. Outside the room the aunts and relatives were all gossiping. The bride is dressed in a beautiful white chemise. The roof is very low.

Dreamed I was in a wicker basket, peeking out to see a pregnant woman give birth.

Dreamed I was a gate guard in asian style armor guarding the entrance to a huge fortress

Dreamed of a woman falling off a cliff, I run to save her, but is helpless.

In a past life regression session, I saw a battlefield and horses, with a name shouted across the battlefield....Donal...

A very vivid dream of being a huge red dragon. Feeling the craig underneith my claws as I landed and folded my wings.

Agaliha
June 7th, 2006, 05:55 PM
There is one book in which I recently found called~ 'Discovering Your Past Lives' by Gloria Chadwick. Although it is on my 'reading stack' at the moment and I have only glanced through it so far.

I have that book-- from the library that is. It's pretty helpful.
I really like the questions to answer because they can shed light on things.
Most of the exercises are okay too.
I like it.

Abrana
July 17th, 2006, 08:57 PM
It is not just dreams that tell me this, but I was Abrana Garcia, Wife to Billy the Kid.
I also have tangible evidences recorded on EVP and in Writing.
I also have had experiences that are very near and dear to me, that I recorded to paper for Posterity.

tiger eyes
July 18th, 2006, 11:41 PM
I'm not really sure. I have these draems that feel too real to not be. The only problem I am not me in these dreams. I am a man!! Wierd don't you think?

Bluewillow
July 19th, 2006, 09:13 AM
I've always felt a connection to my past lives. I posted a bit about that in the paranormal section, but I'll ramble on a bit here, too. To begin with , I've had a lot of past life readings done. I always take these with a huge grain of salt.

So far, this is the majority of what I have been told: I was an Irish grandmother with 9 grandkids, and apparently had a huge appetite. I was a shaman who healed sick kids, worked with pregnant women, and healed injured soldiers. I was a woman in the 1400's working in the kitchen of some castle somewhere in Europe. I became involved with a member of the family (supposedly my now husband, no less), and became pregnant. Whoever was in charge of the workers in the castle wanted me killed. I ran away, and the man I became involved with was beheaded for betraying the family. I apparently hid for years in the woods with my child, and was never found.

In another life (supposedly), I was a warrior in Scotland about 1000 a.d., who was brutal in battle. I was apparently a nobleman's daughter in Scotland arond 1400 to 1500, in Argyll. I was a farmer in Europe, and at one time supposedly lived in ancient India. I was also told once that in a past life in Scotland, I was married to a nobleman. He wanted me killed, and asked someone (who was supposedly my now brother) to kill me. My last life, apparently, I was a child in London during WW2, and died during the bombings.

Now, onto the more "serious" things I've experienced. From the time I was a child, I've had visions of what I believe to be a past life. The first time it happened, I was lying on my great-grandfather's bed, looking at a picture of English roses he had hanging above the bed. I saw a stone structure of some sort (not sure if I want to say castle), and a rose garden. Since then, in dreams, meditations and otherwise, I've had many moments where I've seen this place, the interior, the outside with gardens, surrounded by a forest. I've seen people in and around it. At one time, I saw a man who I apparently had very deep feelings for, though I'm not sure if it was a husband or what.

I did a past life meditation once wherein I was fighting in a battle and had my head cut off. I had a dream where I was in a forest standing in front of a huge stone, and on this stone were words to the effect of, so and so died in Scotland, beheaded, somewhere in the 1400's, and Argyll.

I had a dream once where I was in a stone structure of some sort, with a man, and we were both tied down to wooden tables being tortured.

At one time I also saw a pretty scary image: I was running through woods with some guy chasing after me. I was wearing a long, gauzy sort of dress. I came to a small body of water, which I dove into and swam across, and when I came out, as soon as I passed some trees, he stepped out from behind them, grabbed me and slit my throat. I lay on the ground and bled to death.

My husband and I both saw something that we believe to be a past life connection: a woman I believe to be me, standing by a window in a dark room waiting for someone. A man, who I believe was him, comes home after a long time away, and greets her. I'd place this somewhere at least 400 years ago, from the details of our clothing and the room we were in.

I also had a very vivid dream once where I was on a wooden ship out on the ocean, and apparently dead; some people lifted my body up and lowered me into the water, and I felt myself sink below the surface.

So, whether any of this has any meaning or otherwise, past lives are of great interest to me. I sometimes feel that maybe I had some unfinished business from past lives, or perhaps something violent happened to where they've stuck with me to this point, I'm not sure. But I would really love to have a past life regression done one of these days, just to see what comes up. For the time being, I stick to past life meditations, and I haven't done one of those in quite some time. I still see that place in dreams, occasionally.

Aveline
February 12th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I don't really have memories of past lives, but every now and then I'll say something that doesn't make sense unless you consider the possibility of past lives... for example: Early on in one relationship, the guy I was dating was being very insecure. I called him by a pet name that I've never used before (cant' remember what it is now, though) and told him that I wasn't going to leave him again. Somehow I just knew that I'd left him before and devastated him. Funny thing... I did end up leaving him... :lol:

I also get flashes of images. I'll walk past a mirror and see a reflection that is not my own... past life or something else? I dont' know. Usually happens when I'm really tired. I've been told that it's my own image from a past life, but... who knows.

PrincessKLS
February 12th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Even though I question and get confused by what lives I've been told I have, I agree with some of them because there are certain countries, languages, and eras of history that interests me a lot. Even some eras and sections that I haven't been told about interest me a lot and makes me wonder.

For example: I've been told my recent life was of a SS solider in WW2 and I feel that definitely but sometimes I think I had a recent life like in the late 50s-late 70s era. Something about the civil rights movements, women's lib, hippies, and other social movements still strike a cord for me. I have a theory that perhaps I was a hippie in my most recent life and OD'ed on acid or something and died young (like in the 70s) and of course in this life I was born in 1983. And I can tell that even the past 24-25 years of my life have been quite a memory.

My sister said once I could've been a solider in the Vietnam War. I could also see this as well since I'm a bit of an anti war "hippie" in this life.

Wolfheart
April 19th, 2008, 08:26 AM
I remember I once had a hyper-realistic dream where I was a Russian soldier at the Battle of Stalingrad. Everything was in first person. I remember acting, thinking, feeling. I could even understand what my fellow soldiers were saying in the dream, and I can't speak Russian. (Of course I can't remember any of it now). It was all so real. I wonder sometimes whether it was something from a past life, as I've always had a connection with Russia I never could explain.

germania-thule
June 7th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I remember, but not detailed, just snapshots

Alamaris
June 11th, 2008, 08:43 PM
First things first, I'll tack on a disclaimer: I don't think I believe in past lives. But I've had impressions of OTHER lives, so to speak -- I have no idea if they're mine or someone else's. Frankly, even if past lives are a reality, I don't believe in karma or anything of that ilk.

Some things I "remember":

1. Being a male soldier on an aircraft carrier in WWII.

2. Being on Atlantis (although I have suspicions that the cult leader I was under at the time this memory surfaced had lead me in hypnosis to achieve this). Female.

3. Being a soldier, again, but on another world. Gender indeterminate.

4. Being a Victorian woman with two lovers, a woman and a man, who I know in "this life" and are the same genders. I got the impression my male lover killed my female lover and I killed him.

5. Being a Mountie and then a priest. Male.

I can't recall any more off the top of my head.

Iris
September 12th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I've just been reading through this thread...may I ask you guys how you found out about your past lives?

I definitely feel that I am an 'old soul'...but I've never remembered anything specific.

banondraig
September 12th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I don't remember any details, but have had some deja vu experiences with a hill outside Dublin, running through a temperate forest with rifle in hand, and feeling connected to Germany and Ireland. Of course the Germany thing may be some sort of ancestral memory as the area where I was stationed is also where some of my ancestors were from.

~*Midnight Flame*~
September 15th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I believe in past lives, and I'm sure I've lived a few. However, I don't recall any of them, though I really wish I could. Although, since I am a huge lover of the 18th century(England in particular, heh),I'm going to hazard a guess at one of my past lives...aristocrat(even though I technically already am one)Very interesting topic.:hehehehe:

Chaos Hawk
September 15th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I have memories of my most recent past life. Especially when I was young. I'd talk on and on about it.

I have occasional flashes of other lives, but nothing substantial.

What happens to me more often, is I meet people and I just KNOW I knew them in a past life. I can usually remember our relationship as well.

I would truly love to remember know more though.

Glowy
September 15th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I don't remember any details, but have had some deja vu experiences with a hill outside Dublin, running through a temperate forest with rifle in hand, and feeling connected to Germany and Ireland. Of course the Germany thing may be some sort of ancestral memory as the area where I was stationed is also where some of my ancestors were from.

This is close to what I have experienced as well. Only I had visions of being in a house I had never been to, I knew the entire lay out and such.

Sequoia
September 15th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I've just been reading through this thread...may I ask you guys how you found out about your past lives?

I definitely feel that I am an 'old soul'...but I've never remembered anything specific.

People have triggered my memories.

But imagination has gotten in the way of a great deal of it, especially when I was younger.

Now, I think I have a firmer grasp on "who I was"... but I cannot, and will not, say for 100% certain. I think, I believe, but I couldn't write you a novel, nor could I verify facts for you.

I have fuzzy feelings, a few clear images. Sometimes when I am with a certain person, I get this feeling that there is something more, a memory of being with them in a different place and time, as a different self.

There's other stuff, but it just begins to sound insane at that point, and I'd prefer to keep what little respect others have for me. :)

banondraig
September 16th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Sometimes people I have never met before are absolutely certain that they know me. Is that something that is attributed to past lives, or something else entirely?

faeriewitch
October 22nd, 2008, 06:53 PM
Hi , yeah , I remember 2 of my past lives in detail .

I know in one life I was a orphan in London ,grew up to be a priest , I even remember my full name & year I was born,so I tried looking for myself over the internet & found that heaps of people lived in London by that name in that time , I also know I was early 50s when I died , I had a heart attack , I was very sad at this time & think I died of a broken heart.

2nd life I was a young girl,around 17 in Johannesburg South Africa
We lived in a village & I was saying goodbye to my boyfriend who was leaving for war, he rode away on a horse , later that day our village was invaded I had a brother & a sister, found my sister not my brother-my sister & I were in our hut/house when these men came in & tied us up to chairs & burnt the house down , before the fire got to me I remember looking at my little sister feeling I had failed her , I should have protected her better.
After research I believe this might have been the Boer War.
I also know my name in this life too.

I have visions of another life - I see I'm wearing those Red shoes with the toes upturned , I think I may have been a gypsy ??
Still have to meditate on this vision ,see if I can come up with any more...

Ohhh & I forgot I have another life I have flashes of !!
I'm a young girl about 15 with blonde hair & I'm in a big field that is absolutely beautiful dancing in a circle with other girls , not dancing sort of skipping & holding hands , going around in the circle, I'm wearing a white dress with a white bonnet,I think I was in Ireland -this really makes sense to me as I have a connection with Ireland in this life-my family is Irish , I love celtic music when I hear it it feels like home to me-the music seems to make me have the visions of this life