PDA

View Full Version : Why does it always have to be a fight?

Felidae
October 11th, 2003, 12:19 AM
I don't like to fight. I don't like to be a drill sargent, but damn!

Tell the girl to call you when she gets somewhere! You'd think she'd realize that that means to call you whenever plans (and logistics) change!

But no! Seems I have to spell every little thing out! Like I'm talking to a three year old instead of a seventeen year old!

Thng is, I know that she knows better! I told her tonight: "I don't care if you were "freaking out", if your not going to be at the place I assume that you are, call me, let me know! What if I died? What if I had a medical emergency? What if you had a medical emergency? We are the only family we have! We have to know what is going on with each other!

She knows that my BF (the only other real family we have) is in California, when he's not on the road... If I don't know where she is and one of us needs the other what is going to happen!

My point is, why does everything have to be a fight?

Hope
October 11th, 2003, 01:01 AM
((hugs)) laughing with you not at you

is she 15???

I swear my smart and great 15 year old becomes a MORON on occasion

anyway I can relate

breathe breathe breathe :)

love
hope

FeatherGoblinglimmer
October 11th, 2003, 08:08 AM
calm and soothing sent. I remember when i was that age. I wound my mum up something chronic. She gave up in the end. I didn't do it to hurt but i just wanted independance. I can't say for your daughter but i hope it all calms down for you.:)

DragonLove
October 11th, 2003, 09:39 AM
I struggle with that everyday myself and it sure is draining : (

Ahh..parenthood..the toughest job in the world.

Felidae
October 11th, 2003, 11:41 AM
She's 17, and usually one of the more level headed of the two of us, but throw her into a panic and her brains dribble away. Then I lose my temper. Then she loses her temper. Then we both feel bad.

We finally talked it out last night, and she does understand my point of view. I just worry that if she is so frightened of my anger and a moments panic makes her behave in a way that is sure to induce it, what is going to happen to her when she is on her own?

Or hey, what if a potential mugger panics her into running out in front of a semi?

I wish I could find a way to instill in her the ability to stop and think before she acts in the heat of the moment.

Then again, it may be one of those things that comes with age.

Ah well, best to think on the good things. This to shall pass. :rolleyes:

Jeleia
October 11th, 2003, 11:51 AM
I remember being the same way when I was that age. I was always arguing with my parents.

Don't worry it'll pass :) At 18 things got a lot better...

Good luck.

Felidae
October 11th, 2003, 01:04 PM
I'll hang in there, thanks Jeleia

Hawk Shadowsoul
October 11th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Everyone knows a persons brain cells die at age 13 and gradually regenerate until at the age of 30 or so they actually reach the 12 year old level. Have you forgotten your own teen years? Sorry, but having been there, done that, LMAO. Any time it gets too much to bear, just think back...back...

Phil_Anselmo_Lover
October 11th, 2003, 06:52 PM
She's 17, and usually one of the more level headed of the two of us, but throw her into a panic and her brains dribble away. Then I lose my temper. Then she loses her temper. Then we both feel bad.

We finally talked it out last night, and she does understand my point of view. I just worry that if she is so frightened of my anger and a moments panic makes her behave in a way that is sure to induce it, what is going to happen to her when she is on her own?

Or hey, what if a potential mugger panics her into running out in front of a semi?

I wish I could find a way to instill in her the ability to stop and think before she acts in the heat of the moment.

Then again, it may be one of those things that comes with age.

Ah well, best to think on the good things. This to shall pass. :rolleyes:

:grrrrr: :meanface: :meanhead:

Felidae
October 11th, 2003, 08:09 PM
:grrrrr: :meanface: :meanhead:

:smileroll I'm thinking back...back...

DanuMoonrunner
October 11th, 2003, 08:10 PM
15-18 ah what a wonderful age, you know everything, no one knows anything, your parents are losers and you can't wait to grow up and get out! Then you grow up and realize Mom was right ;Oh my what did I put her through! And then you have children of your own and Recieve your paybacks! Felidae, hang in there, Bless her with the mothers curse and try to keep your chin up!

PoetryInDespair
October 12th, 2003, 11:37 PM
I just love to wind my mum up. Its about the only thing thats not over a mile away thats fun. It happens a lot if you live in a small town -sigh-

Felidae
October 13th, 2003, 11:07 AM
We've worked it out, and thanks for the support everybody!

I have to admit, when I see and hear of the behavior of some of her friends, I realize that I'm pretty lucky and have it a lot easier than I think!