PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis (movie)

loopy
June 25th, 2001, 01:58 PM
******This might contain details about the movie, so be forewarned if you haven't seen it yet*****

Has anyone seen this yet? What are your thoughts?

I was a little dissappointed. I don't know, it just seemed to focus more time on the fight scenes than the storyline, and I would have a great big scene exploring Atlantis in depth. I did like the whole crystal thing-- them surviving because of it, it kind of encompassing the essences of former kings.

Also, I was curious for anyone who might be able to know-- how are there air pockets in the ocean? Is that possible? I keep trying to come up with ways, but I don't know too much on the subject or anything...gah. If anyone knows, it would greatly squelch the nagging that not knowing is doing to me.

raevyncigany
June 25th, 2001, 06:25 PM
I saw it last Saturday with my youngest son...the only thing that bugged me about the movie (and trust me, it is the ONLY thing) was the way they drew Milo's hands...that's it...other than that it was a spectacular movie! It is one of the first Disney movies since Bedknobs and Broomsticks that I can think of that used subtitles (when the Atlantians were speaking in their native tongue, which by the way sounds beautiful). My son enjoyed it immensely as well, and my oldest son saw it the following Friday with his school...if only everything in that movie rang true...:D

BB

Rae )0(

gunner
June 25th, 2001, 06:39 PM
i haven't seen it yet but from the ads it looks like an enjoyable light fantasty and i look forward to seeing it.

loopy
June 25th, 2001, 06:40 PM
Did it bug you that the hands were so blunt at the tips? It was like 2-D instead of 3. :D

zemblin
June 25th, 2001, 09:23 PM
have you guys seen the ''atlantean alphabet on the side of mcdonalds happy meal sacks?do you know where the alphabet came from?i know it's the same one used in the movie.

raevyncigany
June 25th, 2001, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by loopy
Did it bug you that the hands were so blunt at the tips? It was like 2-D instead of 3. :D

Yep, that's exactly what bugged me about it!

BB

Rae )0(

Skye
June 25th, 2001, 10:02 PM
I haven't seen the movie yet, it sounds really fun. I must take my granddaughter.
Yes the ocean does contain air pocket, however, there has never been any evidence that it can contain a pocket large enough, or for any extended period of time, to support a city......sorry, but it is great fantasy:)

MammaStar
June 25th, 2001, 10:24 PM
I haven't seen it yet. Still not sure if I'm gonna. My son hasn't expressed any interest. but I did see Tomb Raider, and had a very good time. It's my all time fave video game, so I think that's why I enjoyed the movie so much. And of course, Shrek, blows them all away! :D

loopy
June 25th, 2001, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by zemblin
have you guys seen the ''atlantean alphabet on the side of mcdonalds happy meal sacks?do you know where the alphabet came from?i know it's the same one used in the movie.

I'm not sure as to the origins of the alphabet, but the swirly symbol looks an awful lot like the alien symbol from Roswell.

Lilu
June 26th, 2001, 02:46 PM
I really liked it, but like the others thought, the drawing kind of bugged me at times, it was very angular. I also couldn't decide if I thought Kida was pretty or very plain looking... LOL I find it interesting that there has been a trend lately for our "heros" to come from "geeks" and other unlikely people, what with Harry Potter, Milo, Shrek and Donkey (loved that movie!!!) etc. It's really very cool :elf:

My husband and I were having a chuckle at the Atlantean Alphabet, awful convenient that they have 26 letters that all correspond with the English isn't it? *grin* The movie had some inconsistencies (like the technology of the sub compared to the time period for one) but all in all it's something I would buy when it comes out on video.

I think it would be fun to see a prequel, the search for the Shepherd's Journal. :)

Lilu

:elf: :elf: :elf: :elf:

D~M
July 6th, 2001, 07:52 AM
lol, has anyone heard the song by little trees that goes with it...?

*all together now*
:o :p :o :p :o I'M A LIL YELLOW FISH IN THE DEEP BLUE SEEEAAAA..... :p :o :p :o :p

This must be the *best* thing since steps. yehmate. ;)

Druidess Cara
October 14th, 2003, 04:32 PM
The movie was good and very intresting! I just loved how the old man said "Atlantis is waiting.." i just found that super cool. yeah I too wish it were true.

schadenfreude
October 16th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Ok .. this movie .. rocked!

The graphics are amazing .. everything .. the storyline .. everything was just .. brilliant.

I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good flick and doesn't mind the toon part of it :)

My daughter .. says that she gives this movie 3 thumbs up!

"But hunnie .. you only have two thumbs."

"Use your imagine Mom .. geez" ... (*laughs* .. What a riot)

MammaStar
October 16th, 2003, 10:39 PM
((((LOOPY)))))) *sniff sniff*

:wah: :wah: :wah: