PDA

View Full Version : an offer I can't refuse

Stardevil
October 18th, 2003, 02:40 PM
I am psoting this here because I want your input... I was jsut offered to design a pamphlet on domestic abuse. As many peopel know domestic abuse is a big problem in a lot fo communities and I by doign this pamphlet get the chance to help educate people... I would like to knwo what thign sowuld attract you to a pamphlet and what thigns would You liek to read about.... I jsut got the offer today and I do nto have the info yet on it but I want to knwo what you all think...

~*Ginger*~
October 18th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Wow Stardevil!
That sounds interesting!

I'm not sure what to tell you, especially since everyone is so very different.

And this is such a touchy subject.

Maybe the signs to look out for, before you get to involved.
'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure' or something like that...

Sometimes we as people are to blinded by the thought that someone loves us, that we tend to overlook the signs in front of our face for fear of being alone.
And even though it may tear our heart out to have to be and feel so very alone, loneliness is truely better that broken bones, hearts and scars...
And all that fussing.

Give me a quite corner over a full screaming house any day! :graduate:

nomadicdragon
October 18th, 2003, 09:13 PM
I would have to agree that prevention is definitely something that people need..and how to get out of situations if anyone is in one... just a thought

cinnamonfeathers
October 22nd, 2003, 01:55 PM
The best place to get a good variety of info would be your closest Womans Shelter. You may not be able to speak to any of the women, but the directors are an invaluable source of info. We must not forget, abuse is not only physical, many times it is verbal or mental (like "keeping her underfoot" attitude).
You've got a great project there, and many people will be thankful for what you will create!
~peace~blessings & )O( moonlight~
~Sooz

-"Problems are only opportunities in work clothes"
- Henry J.Kaiser