PDA

View Full Version : baby squirrel

vikinggoddess
October 23rd, 2003, 04:03 PM
This little guy climbed on my husband's foot the other day when we were walking. He's too cute, but it's a challenge to keep our kitty away from him.

Ahautenites
October 23rd, 2003, 04:14 PM
**grins** Last time I saw someone keeping a squirrel for a pet, it was Bob Ross the painter guy from the Joy of Painting series. His was called Peapod the Pocket Squirrel.

Too cute! Just be careful of his claws. :)

MoonDust
October 23rd, 2003, 04:16 PM
RUFUS!

wait. that was a mole rat

Old Witch
October 23rd, 2003, 10:28 PM
He's a cute little thing!

WtchyChick13
October 24th, 2003, 12:49 AM
:eek: OH I'M SO HAPPY YOU KEPT HIM! :boing:

I've been taking care of a family of squirrels for years and they are just too cute for words. :D

(They enjoy low-sodium Ritz Crackers!) :rotfl:

Keep us updated..........AHHHHHHHHHHH I gotta save those pics on my 'puter now. :boing: :boing: :boing:

WtchyChick13
October 24th, 2003, 12:52 AM
**grins** Last time I saw someone keeping a squirrel for a pet, it was Bob Ross the painter guy from the Joy of Painting series. His was called Peapod the Pocket Squirrel.

Sorry, I was about to close out when I realized I forgot to respond to this:

I LOVED that guy! :rotfl:

Too many stories in my life involving Bob Ross...how many people can say that??? :huh: :lol:

"Look at the happy clouds......" :D

Ok, back on topic. :thumbsup:

MoonRaven
October 24th, 2003, 10:12 PM
Bob Ross frightens me ... "Maybe this tree has a friend, and his friend lives right here... there, now don't they look happy?"

Anyway, my initial post was going to read something like this:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's so CUTE!! :D

Old Witch
October 24th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Bob Ross was a good artist but a tad..........different.......

WtchyChick13
October 24th, 2003, 11:44 PM
Bob Ross was a good artist but a tad..........different.......

Oh that's just sooooooooo P. C. of you! :rotfl:

:colorful:

**needs more pics of the squirrel**

Mau
October 25th, 2003, 12:55 AM
He's absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!!
Was he an orphan? :(

lightfairy
October 25th, 2003, 01:56 AM
sits at desk waving fists like a madwoman

ooooooooh i want one! can i have him? pleeeese! oh ok just love him for me! :kooky:

vikinggoddess
October 25th, 2003, 09:34 AM
I don't know if he was an orphan, but he was all alone right next to a busy street and a parking lot when he hopped on my husbands foot out of the base of a palm tree. I figured he wanted us to take care of him sinse I had never seen such a young squirrel all alone like that.

I think we are doing a good job simulating a real environment for him, he climbs the branch up and down his nest to gather nuts we have in a bowl. And occassionally he has to run away from our cat FIFi who likes to assert her feline right to hunt. But last night when I was holding her, he actually climbed on my shoulder to check her out. Her eyes got huge! I guess he knows I won't let her hurt him. Another good thing about having him is that FiFi has started to be very loving to us again, sleeping with us and letting me hold her whenever I want. I guess she feels she has to compete for our attention now that she is not an only child.

She likes to stare at him when he is up in his nest or exploring. I try to discourage her stalking behaviour.

WtchyChick13
October 25th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Man he's just so cute! :D

I don't know if you've seen this, but this is a page from my kid's site about my squirrels. Just thought you might like to take a peek. ;)

http://eggboy.freeservers.com/squirrels.htm