PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations

fantine
June 29th, 2001, 02:15 PM
Greetings all.

I'm not a "New Pagan" by any stretch of the imagination, but I am new to this Community. After stumbling across this site while doing some research, I looked, I read, and I was hooked. If I had access to something like this 12 years ago, I could have saved myself a few years of suffering (and therapy for that matter).

So, that said, I'm glad to be here and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and expanding my mind. Oh, and for those who want to know in what I believe, I'll tell you. First and foremost I believe in myself, beyond that I use a mostly Celtic Wiccan tradition to express my spirituality.

--Fantine

Rick
June 29th, 2001, 02:31 PM
(That's Okie-ese for "Hail & Welcome, Fantine!")

Originally posted by fantine
Greetings all.

I'm not a "New Pagan" by any stretch of the imagination, but I am new to this Community. After stumbling across this site while doing some research, I looked, I read, and I was hooked. If I had access to something like this 12 years ago, I could have saved myself a few years of suffering (and therapy for that matter).

So, that said, I'm glad to be here and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and expanding my mind. Oh, and for those who want to know in what I believe, I'll tell you. First and foremost I believe in myself, beyond that I use a mostly Celtic Wiccan tradition to express my spirituality.

--Fantine

Expand your mind?...

Bluecat! Get out the hammer & nails! We gotta make the Porch bigger! :D

Ya know, I find this site good therapy. I think you might, too. Pull up a cushy comfy couchy thingy, have some lemonade or Mead (if you are of age & have proper ID. Check your local ordinances). Can I get you some Spam, or chocolate chip cookies, or pickles, or boiled eggs? Take your shoes off, sit a spell. Come by the Front Porch Bar & Grill (& L'il Spam Day Care).

We have our serious moments here (just usually not for long at a time 8O ).

idusty88
June 29th, 2001, 02:35 PM
Welcome!
I know what you mean, I'm hooked on this place too. Lots of nice folks here. The purveyors of lemonade, comfy thingies and spam should soon be around to get you supplied. In the mean time, I'll offer you a mug of herbal tea, care for some honey? Enjoy!

raevyncigany
June 29th, 2001, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Rick
[BCan I get you some Spam, or chocolate chip cookies, or pickles, or boiled eggs? Take your shoes off, sit a spell. Come by the Front Porch Bar & Grill (& L'il Spam Day Care).

[/B]

LOL....*stops, sniffs....* That's not boiled eggs!!! That's Rick's FEET....ewwwwwwwwwwwwww :sick:

;) Welcome Fantine!!!!!!!!!! (beautiful name, by the way...Les Mis, right?)

BB

Rae )0(

fantine
June 29th, 2001, 03:30 PM
Sorry Rick, but in the immortal words of Monty Python: "I don't like Spam". :D
In general I have issues with processed luncheon meat. It must be the chef in me. My first career is a Technical Writer (I write computer manuals). My second career is a pastry chef. One family member said I nourish the mind on one hand and the body on the other. I can only agree with nourishing the body, almost everyone eats cake/pastries and almost nobody reads a computer manual!

And yes, Rae, Fantine is from Les Mis.
I've read the original book three times, once in French and twice in English. I read the book prior to the stage musical (which I've never seen) being released. For some reason I have always identified with the character of Fantine. But a discussion about that book belongs in a French Lit class.

--Fantine

reanna
June 30th, 2001, 01:17 AM
Welcome:):):):):):):)