PDA

View Full Version : Charge of the Dark Goddess

raevyncigany
June 30th, 2001, 02:55 AM
Listen to the words of The Dark Goddess of Transformation; She who of old was called among men Kali, Hecate, Cerridwen, Lilith, Persephone, Fata, Morgana, Ereshkigal, Arianhrod, Durga, Inanna, Tiamat, and by countless other names:

"Hear me child, and know Me for who I am. I have been with you since you were born and I will stay with you till you return to Me at the final dusk. I am the passionate and seductive lover who inspires the poet to dream. I am the One who calls to you at the end of your journey. After the day is done, My children find their blessed rest in my embrace. I am the womb from which all things are born.

I am the shadowy, still tomb; all things must come to Me and bare their breast to die and be reborn to the Whole."

"I am the Sorceress that will not be ruled, the Weaver of Time, the Teacher of Mysteries. I snip the threads that bring my children home to me, I slit the throats of the cruel and drink the blood of the heartless. Swallow your fear and come to me, and you will discover true beauty, strength, and courage. I am the fury which rips the flesh from injustice. I am the glowing forge that transforms your inner demons into tools of power. Open yourself to my embrace and overcome."

"I am the glinting sword that protects you from harm, I am the crucible in which all the aspects of yourself merge together in a rainbow of union, I am the velvet depths of the night sky, the swirling mists of midnight shrouded in mystery, I am the chrysalis in which you will face that which terrifies you and from which you will blossom forth, vibrant and renewed. Seek me at the crossroads and you shall be transformed, for once you look upon my face there is no return."

"I am the fire that kisses the shackles away, I am the cauldron in which all opposites grow to know each other in Truth, I am the web which connects all things, I am the Healer of all wounds, the Warrior who rights all wrongs in their time. I make the weak strong, I make the arrogant humble, I raise up the oppressed and empower the disenfranchised. I am Justice tempered with Mercy."

"Most importantly child I am you. I am part of you and I am within you. Seek me within and without, and you will be strong.

Know me. Venture into the dark so that you may awaken to Balance, Illumination, and Wholeness. Take my Love with you everywhere and find Power within to be who you wish"

loopy
July 17th, 2001, 09:55 AM
That was beautiful. Did you write that? :)

raevyncigany
July 17th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by loopy
That was beautiful. Did you write that? :)

Nope :) found it in another website...it's not original though...I've seen it elsewhere as well.

BB

Rae )0(

banondraig
August 21st, 2007, 08:16 PM
bump

Lunacie
August 21st, 2007, 08:48 PM
Good bump! Thanks. I needed to read that tonight to remind me that I can be strong even when life tries to yank the rug out from under me, and that I can stand up to those who denigrate me without being a bitch.

banondraig
August 21st, 2007, 08:49 PM
you're welcome. :)

TheWomanMonster
August 21st, 2007, 08:56 PM
*smiles* I really love this one, thanks for reminding us it was here banondraig.

EvieLee
August 21st, 2007, 10:30 PM
Oh, I wonder who wrote it originally. Doreen Valiente again?

Childof_theMorrigan
August 21st, 2007, 10:50 PM
thanks, I needed that right about now :)

aluokaloo
August 22nd, 2007, 12:31 AM
that was just awesome!

Caitlin.ann
August 22nd, 2007, 09:57 PM
That was really touching to me, especially since I work closely with and feel very connected to Hecate. Lol, that made me really emotional, thanks for bumping this thread up. I really needed to read it. :)

David19
August 23rd, 2007, 12:06 PM
Quite cool, thanks for bumping it up.

LisaT4P
August 23rd, 2007, 12:53 PM
Wow, there are so many different versions of things called "The Charge of the Dark Goddess". However, not one of the copies of this one had an author associated with it that I could find.

There is a version by Lynn O'Connor, another one by Morwynn and one by Amber K, but they are all a bit different. :)

Brigid Rowan
August 23rd, 2007, 08:28 PM
I loved that, so beautiful, and it really touched me...it stirred a feeling of familiarity.

Syndramise
October 12th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Greetings!

I know this is an old thread, and I don't know if anyone's still reading it, but I did want to pop in and say how humbled and honored I was to see this here. I wrote this particular Charge back in 1996, and it touches me deeply to know that y'all have enjoyed it and that it's meant something to folks. It was my pleasure to be a channel for this Charge, and y'all have returned that warmth and joy to me. Thank you!

Many blessings! :hearthear

-Syndramise

petrus4
October 12th, 2009, 09:53 AM
"All of you who fear the dark,
Let them come to Me.
When you have been shunned,
When you have been reviled,
When you have been cast out as a monster,
By those who do not know you,
Can not know you,
When there is no one else left,
Then you will find Me.

Sometimes you will find Me beautiful,
And young, and agreeable to thine eye,
And peace will come easily.
Sometimes you will look for Me,
And find only my three eyes,
Gleaming in the darkness.

Sometimes I will crawl up to you, on eight legs,
Glistening black, the very image of age and death,
And at first you will know terror.
Yet if you still your mind, and look upon Me,
You will feel the peace I promise, with the abhaya mudra,
And you will know calm.

You will know calm that will come upon you,
Even in the fiercest of storms,
The calm of the very Void itself.
And you will judge others not, as I have refrained from judging you,
And you will know the peace,
That also comes from the absence of judgement,
Both given and received,
And you will know My love,
And you will know that never,
No matter where you might go,
Will you be alone.

For I have been charged with being a mother to monsters,
I whose strength is greater than all the Gods,
And so was the only one who could stand it.
Both mother to true monsters, and also to those, in truth,
Who are not, but for the misunderstandings of others.
Whose hearts gleam gold within black exterior,
But which at times, only I have eyes to see.

This time, My time, will test the sanity and the minds,
Of both men and Gods,
For this time is dark, and defined by madness.
This is the time when we will go,
My children,
To the very depths of the Abyss,
And the resolve of all of Creation,
Will be tested.

Hearken to Me,
When you are alone.
When the world in its' lack of pity,
Has abandoned you.
When there is no one else to hear,
Your wailing, and the falling of your tears.

And I will succor you,
As Cain who was first rejected by God,
Was said to find Lilith,
Who succored and comforted him.
As it has fallen to Me,
To give shelter to those,
Whom no one else will offer respite.

But know that this comfort is not without price.
At times I will rend you, and tear at you.
I will test you with terror,
Such as you have never known.
At such times you will cry to Me for mercy,
And appear to receive none.
I will devour you whole.

And when you stand, at the very precipice,
Of insanity,
Then you will find yourself remade,
With greater strength than any you had previously.

Then you will glory in My power,
Then you will sing My praise,
Then you will know that I love you,
Then you will remember...

That I am your Mother."

I wrote this, not long after Ma's initial contact with me.

Cassie
October 12th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Greetings!

I know this is an old thread, and I don't know if anyone's still reading it, but I did want to pop in and say how humbled and honored I was to see this here. I wrote this particular Charge back in 1996, and it touches me deeply to know that y'all have enjoyed it and that it's meant something to folks. It was my pleasure to be a channel for this Charge, and y'all have returned that warmth and joy to me. Thank you!

Many blessings! :hearthear

-Syndramise
Well I hope you'll come back and say more. I find that charge particularly powerful and thought provoking.

LunarSoldier
October 12th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I really like this thread :)

Rosetta Morrigan
October 17th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Love it. Thank you for posting it. Good time for me to hear it.:thumbsup:

Burning Angel
October 17th, 2009, 12:25 AM
that was just awesome!

Indeed - if it was in a movie it would be like Galadriel from Fellowship of the Ring when Frodo tries to hand the ring off to her - darkness woo! :boing:

By Dark Star and Shadow Sword,
~Jon~ :boing:

Caitlin.ann
October 17th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Nice blast from the past. I like most of the charges I've come across though I'm not Wiccan. In such a confusing time for me I really needed it.