PDA

View Full Version : WIC nurse

Autumn
November 9th, 2003, 11:43 PM
I am applying for this job, and the time has come for me to write a cover letter. I am here to ask all of you who have had contact with this program and it's nurses to help me by relating your positive experiences with this program and what in your mind makes a positive encounter with a WIC nurse.

I am rougly framiliar with what the job entails, I know I can do it and do it well. Turning this assertion into a cover letter when I am not the most self confident critter is not easy. I have to come up with something that will light the fire of the person hiring me...

Please post only the positive side of the coin, while I know WIC is far from perfect I am more than capable of deriding it all on my own, that isn't the point. I want the job so I can be a brighter spot in someones day...(the fact that it's m-fdays plays no part Heh, yeah right...:P )

Thanks in advance for your ideas

DayDreamer
November 11th, 2003, 11:24 AM
You can be a positive breastfeeding-friendly rolemodel, as it should be the goal of WIC to have all infants be breastfed (in fact, that IS supposed to be their goal, but many individual offices don't put forth effort to get that message out).

MotherMoon
November 11th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Yes, what DayDreamer said. :)

Just list all of your positive attributes. Talk about how kind you are, how caring, understanding, knowledgeable about relevant topics, a people person, etc. :D Good luck! :)

13thChylde
November 11th, 2003, 05:06 PM
We were on the WIC program 6 years ago, and the nurse we had was not very personal at all. Everything she said sounded like it was from a handbook, so I would say just focus on the individuals, even for a second...that would help make you a "brighter spot in someone's day!"

BethieRose
November 11th, 2003, 08:35 PM
I agree with Willow. In any program I've been involved in, some kind of recognition of me as a person instead of just another client or number has been a huge part of my satisfaction levels. It was the same when I was on WIC.

I would emphasize how personable you are, while still touching on your knowledge of relevant topics. Both are important in a job such as WIC, where you are int ouch with teh public on a daily basis.

Autumn
November 13th, 2003, 12:11 AM
Well I did it, I wrote the cover letter and put the application together with my resume and it will get mailed tomorrow!

I wanted to thank folks for their input and when I get the call I will make an energy request...

Here's Hoping!!!!

Autumn
November 13th, 2003, 12:14 AM
Umm...why is the above post white? I did not knowingly change the color...

WEIRD!

~*Ginger*~
November 13th, 2003, 03:43 AM

WEIRD!
Magic!

Best of luck!

Kadynas
November 13th, 2003, 11:47 AM

WEIRD!
Maybe it's a sign... White is the color of must nursing uniforms! :D Good luck with the job!