PDA

View Full Version : stuck thread suggestion--recommended reading list

Xois
July 1st, 2001, 10:51 AM
Hi all

Since this is such a common questions, perhaps we should have a stuck thread where people can go to post their suggestions and others have a quick place to refere to?

What do our illustrious moderators think?

Xois

Mairwen
July 1st, 2001, 01:57 PM
I'm not a mod in this forum, but sounds like a winner to me!

Emerald Sky
July 2nd, 2001, 05:12 PM
Actually, I was just thinking this the other day. I'll start a thread. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

Ari
July 2nd, 2001, 08:45 PM
While I think this is a good idea....

1) In it's current form (people adding their own recommendations to the bottom of a thread) it has the potential to get clunky and difficult to navigate. Maybe after everyone finishes posting their favourites, the moderators could compile the list into a single post and put the books in alphabetical order by author? (a spread sheet will do this automatically for you.)

2) A long, general 'recommended' list has limited usefullness if there isn't some indication of what exactly each book is recommended *for*. It wouldn't be too difficult to divide it into sections such as "Introductions", "Intermediate Level" and then subheadings for more specific subject areas such as "Ritual and Spell design", "History" etc.

gunner
July 4th, 2001, 05:56 AM
sounds like a good idea here too, there was also a suggestion in another forum for a "library" forum, perhaps this could be part of that forum if it happens.