PDA

View Full Version : (my brag): this is what my daughter does...

threenorns
July 2nd, 2001, 11:48 PM
she's got tourette's syndrome, obsessive-compulsive disorder, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, a sleep disorder, and various stress syndromes. she's also stunningly gorgeous (ask gunner!) and creates "stoof" like this: she began with a pencil sketch, and has since been laboriously colouring it using photoimpact 6.0 and a mouse....

Lavender
July 3rd, 2001, 02:01 AM
WOW!! That is worth a brag or two!

reanna
July 3rd, 2001, 03:09 AM
Absolutely Wonderful! WOW!!! is definitely right!!

Faery-Wings
July 3rd, 2001, 07:54 AM
Please repost this when she is all done. That is really great talent.

Chris

Mairwen
July 3rd, 2001, 10:40 AM
Done? I thought it was simply awesome as is! :D

Lady Raven
July 3rd, 2001, 03:08 PM
simply awesome. i love the pose. i'd love to see more of her work, if that's okay.~raven

threenorns
July 3rd, 2001, 05:00 PM
more of her work? we're *drowning* in it, lol! she's quite prolific, now that she's gotten over her obsession about not displaying it.

hmmm... i wanted to show one before and one after computer enhancing, but it looks like i can only attach one per post.

this one, chicksitting, is the "before" -- a simple pencil sketch.

threenorns
July 3rd, 2001, 05:03 PM
this one is another pencil sketch, a self-portrait, coloured in using ... i think it's adobe photoshop 5.0, this time.

she's rather good using those graphic editors and enhancers. me, i just fix ruined photographs, lol!

Lavender
July 4th, 2001, 01:33 AM
These ones are great! Please tell her we love her pics. A very talented daughter you have there! :)

Lady Raven
July 12th, 2001, 02:58 AM
thanx for posting more. they're awesome!~raven

skysteed
July 12th, 2001, 11:28 PM
Thankyou for sharing those terrific pics.
You have a very special child.
She may have been given challenges in life, but she was also given gifts.
How lovely that is it a gift that she can openly share with anyone willing to take the time to look.
BB

stirata
July 13th, 2001, 12:04 AM
Very enjoyable pieces to look at. Thank you for posting them. BB.

MammaStar
July 13th, 2001, 12:26 AM
Beautiful! Is all I can say about your daughter. Her pics are absolutely stunning! I can't wait for my older bro to visit so I can show him! He's an artist too.

Amazing. You have a very special daughter. Thanks for showing them to us.

Dragonmother
July 13th, 2001, 09:40 AM
Her work shows dedication, it'll serve her well. A fun software she might enjoy having would be kidpix- WE got it for the kids, and my husband and I often start an image in it before we import it into photoshop or suchlike.

loopy
July 16th, 2001, 01:44 PM
These are amazing. :D Your daughter has a real gift. ::runs off to melt into a puddle of green envy:: :D

threenorns
July 16th, 2001, 06:42 PM
she gets it from my mother, although if you ask pilvikki, she'll probably object most strenuously.

gunner
July 16th, 2001, 08:01 PM
"she's also stunningly gorgeous" "ask gunner", o.k. if i'm asked i'd say "stunningly gorgeous" is a conservative description of threenorn's daughter nikki, bluntly she makes most of the current crop of hollywood "beauties" look like stale cheeseballs by contrast and i'm not exaggerating one little bit. if threenorns gives permission i'll see if i can figure out how to post the pics she sent me here.

(and threenorns is also right about her intelligence, wit and talents)
and threenorns is nobody's "dumb blonde" herself!

evilslinkycat
July 16th, 2001, 08:09 PM
WOW
:D
Beautiful!!

Xois
July 16th, 2001, 08:43 PM
Stunning!

threenorns
July 16th, 2001, 11:06 PM
it would clash most horribly with my now-magenta face!

<dropping a curtsey to gunner>: thank thee most kindly, sirrah, and you may certainly post nik's photo... (being as i'm vain enough to brag "those are MY girls!" -- fathers were total losses when it came to the practical application of daddyhood, but as gene donors, they were first rate, lol!).

gunner
July 16th, 2001, 11:36 PM
i thank thee milady but i speak only simple truth (honors the lady's curtsey) now we'll see if i can sort this out. the titles are, i think nikkis

gunner
July 16th, 2001, 11:39 PM
didn't i say she was a stunner

threenorns
July 16th, 2001, 11:39 PM
her famous "deer in the headlights" pose....

gunner
July 16th, 2001, 11:42 PM
all this and a sharp mind too

gunner
July 16th, 2001, 11:46 PM
and....

gunner
July 16th, 2001, 11:48 PM
one more

gunner
July 16th, 2001, 11:50 PM
last but not least... threenorns does good work, doesn't she.

gunner
July 16th, 2001, 11:56 PM
i think threenorns has every right to brag on her daughters, the younger one's talents run in a different direction but she's got her young head on straight too.

Armitage
July 17th, 2001, 02:44 AM
She reminds me of one of my cousins...Good thing, don't worry. I think it's the smile. ^_^

pilvikki
July 19th, 2001, 01:23 AM
dear treehorns, you are sadly mistaken about nik getting her talents from my - directly anyway.
there is plenty of talent in the branches of my tree, but the damn things skipped over my generation!!!
bah.
<fuming>
but yes, cute wee shit, ain't she?

threenorns
July 20th, 2001, 09:22 PM
i think it's not so much that the sap missed your branch of the family tree, just that a squirrel made its home in it, LOL!

gunner
July 21st, 2001, 11:35 PM
you're both good people and i'm pleased to have you as friends