PDA

View Full Version : Energy for my cat

Faery-Wings
December 1st, 2003, 08:19 AM
I am making a last ditch effort to help my cat. I have a few threads around on him already but a quick sum up is that he has been peeing in my house for over 8 years. :( He has had surgeries for blockages and a perineal urethotomy ( He is now a "she" for peeing). The urinary issues are what started this many years ago. Now it seems to be a huge issue of habit. he has a few main pee spots but now seems to be branching out.

The problem is that we have a new addition on our house. With all new sheetrock and carpeting coming this week. And he already peed on the unfinished sheetrock. Hubby has said that when this project started he would be gone if he continued to pee. But even though we caught him doing it, we can't seem to make a decision on what to do. We can't put him in a shelter but we can't keep him and let him pee all over the new house. :(

I am not looking for people to tell me it is inhumane to put him in a shelter, because it might be my only choice if this continues. And it breaks my heart- I was crying all morning yesterday b/c of that possibility. But I am still hoping that I might be able to help him in some other way.

I have been trying to give him Reiki to heal whatever issue is in his head that makes him poop in the box but not pee in it. I would ask any of you who can pray/send energy/light a candle to assist me in this.

I feeel that it is my last hope and his last chance. If there is any other miracle ( other than Nature's Miracle- I buy that by the gallon and it does no good) I'll take it.

Many blessings to you all.

Old Witch
December 1st, 2003, 01:46 PM
Sorry to say but the shelter may be the only solution...........I wiil send him a mental picture of whats going to happen if he doesn't straighten up and fly right. I know it may sound crazy, but hold him and tell him exactly what you need him to do and tell him he's gone if he doesn't do right.........I will send "pee in the appropriate spot" energy.........

Flar's Freyja
December 1st, 2003, 02:39 PM
Our cat Petey had the same issue and got so sick we ended up putting him down. He didn't do that for as long as your cat has, though, since he didn't start that until about 6 months before he died. I know it seems like they're doing it on purpose and he may be to an extent.

As a long-time cat owner, I'm familiar with the smell of cat pee and that you can't get it out of anything. Sometimes we have to make painful decisions like this - and I don't think that a shelter is inhumane. You've done everything you could have done and it's just not working.

Sending energy that the right solution for all of you presents itself.

zakzekezedd
December 2nd, 2003, 04:18 AM
OK..check with your vet. There is a new product out that you can apply to surfaces to make them unattractive for urine marking. It's expensive, but it has been very effective in discouraging inappropriate urination and marking behavior. There are several very effective treatments to remove urine stains and odors available from veternarians. The other option is to give the cat his own room. It may not eliminate the behavior, but it will limit the scope of his activities. I have a couple of "peeing wonders" at my house..and just keep a bottle of Natures Wonder at hand to treat the spots....

Faery-Wings
December 2nd, 2003, 07:53 AM
Thank you all so much for your advice and good thoughts. I worked really hard on sending him those pictures and images to him too, OW.

zak- do happen to know the name of that stuff? I had Ziggy on tiny dosages of Clomacalm (anti anxiety meds for dog, which my dog was also on, why oh why can't I have a normal pet? LOL!) and that was expensive too- so cost isn't really too much of an issue, unless you are talking hundreds of $$.

I am going to see if I can find any info on it- and I will talk to my vet. Thanks!

zakzekezedd
December 5th, 2003, 01:02 AM
It's not that expensive..but it is like $27 for a 4 oz bottle. I'll have to check at my vet for the exact name of it. I remember reading the Farnam had a new product on the market that had an oxygen booster that was supposed to be exceptionally good for deep cleaning stains and such. Give me a few days to get out to the vet and get the name on the one that is used to deter marking behavior. It's even supposed to discourage scratching to mark territory. I'll get back to you when I have the name..they also have a stain and odor remover that might work better than Nature's Miracle for you..I think it's called Stinky Stuff. I find that sometimes changing from one product to another after a little while seems to be effective. One deterent I might suggest would be clove! My mob seems to really hate the smell. I've used powdered clove sprinkled on the spot, and a mixture of clove oil and water spritzed on the spot. And yes, clove oil can actually bubble paint or enamel so be careful to dilute it. Also cats generally hate the smell of moth balls (the real naphtha ones, not the new imitation ones). If your cat has a specific spot he uses you might try putting an old stocking full of moth crystals there and see if that dissuades him. Life with a confirmed pee-er is a bit of a "challenge"..but no matter how many times I threaten to disown them, well, I never go through with it. I spent 15 years threatening Bailey with "out of here" but never could. He's probably happily making his mark all over the Summerland now! ;)

Faery-Wings
December 5th, 2003, 08:15 AM
Thanks for looking into this. The day you posted this, I happened to get a catalog fro Drs Fosters and Smith. They have a product that you spray on the carpet, Feliway I belive it was called. They alos offer a Plug in Style pheremone, but that i really quite expensice. Approx $20 an outlet and it only lasts a month. So that would be looking at about $100 a month if not more. YIkes.

I spoke to my vets office. They also said that they have hormones that they can give a cat as a last ditch type option. But I have to bring in a urine sample. I have had him locked int he bathroom with an empty box (Today is day three) and he won't pee. I let him out at night and then he pees in his regular box. *sighs*

I'll keep on trying....

Phoenix Blue
December 5th, 2003, 09:48 AM
Have you had him checked for a urinary tract infection or blockage? Also, what type of cat food do you feed him?

Faery-Wings
December 5th, 2003, 06:52 PM
He has been checked so many times for UTIs and they always come back negative. But that is what I am working on trying to rule out with this *&%$^ urine sample. *aggravated grin*
After three days of him refuse to go in an empty box, I gave up. I have an appt for him on Tues where they can express urine, test that and then move onto the next step.

Ziggy is eating Prescription Diet cd-o. It is to change his urine's ph (can't rememeber if it is to raise it or lower it- ) Oh yes, most cats need to have low ph in their urine. He is opposite. He gets calcium deposit and crystals which block him and have also caused bleeding and infections in his bladder. He has had surgeries for that too. We call him the Bionic Cat now. :p