PDA

View Full Version : My future

MistOfTheSea86
July 4th, 2001, 05:49 AM
I wish that my when I am older that my Family will follow this path, do you suggest that I raise them in it. Or let them choose themselves?

Faery-Wings
July 4th, 2001, 07:46 AM
I have two kids, and I truly hope that they will follow a path similar to mine. But if they don't, that is fine with me too. I think when you have kids, you will see a bit of where they will go inside of them. Like my son, I have felt he is an old soul since the day he was born. He had colic and one of the only things that calmed him was to watch the trees moving in the breeze. He has a Pagan heart and I am starting to teach him basic Pagan beliefs. Or I should say, we have started to discuss Pagan beliefs, seeing that he feels them already. :)

Now my daughter on the other hand...I don't get the same feeling from her. Maybe she will want to be Pagan, maybe not. But I will raise her with the values of caring for Mother Earth, respecting herself and others, and a belief that there are many right ways to worship the God/desses of her choosing.

In my opinion, thati s alll I can do.
:)
BB

Chris

raevyncigany
July 4th, 2001, 11:21 AM
Yep, me too...I have three kids and I just have this feeling that not all of them will follow a pagan path...my younger son especially will almost certainly stay the Christian he was baptised as. I have no problem with that, as long as he knows as he grows older that he cannot change his ole Mother ;) I would definitely expose them to your lifestyle but also let them explore on their own...who knows, they might find something they like better than either wicca or Christianity (btw, Buddhism is an amazingly beautiful faith!!)...let them develop their own faith.

Just my two cents,

Rae )0(

MistOfTheSea86
July 6th, 2001, 02:59 AM
I will do that. YOu guys are great!

stirata
July 12th, 2001, 11:58 PM
That was a thought I was pondering the other day MistOfTheSea86. The people on this board give such good advice. :)

mol
July 15th, 2001, 03:50 PM
Choosing your own Path...just makes it stronger...

ladyrowan
July 15th, 2001, 04:28 PM
I would suggest you wait until you meet your kids - decisions like that are easier when you know the kids involved!
BB

bloodstone20
July 25th, 2001, 04:27 PM
with faith in something. Just call it Divinity. It prepares them for anything except (possibly) atheism.

reanna
July 25th, 2001, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by ladyrowan
I would suggest you wait until you meet your kids - decisions like that are easier when you know the kids involved!
BB

don't have to tell me about that one! You should meet my free spirited 6 yr old. :):):):)

Myst
July 26th, 2001, 02:42 PM
Well I'm very Pagan and my fiance is of no religion, then most of our family celebrate Christian holidays but don't go to church or anything.... So I hope the most important thing we can share with our children is the knowledge and respect for the fact that people have their own beliefs and it's perfectly ok to decide your own...

Then again at the same time the child will be given a Wiccaning but that's more of my feeling that he or she should be introduced formally to the Gods and be given their blessings and protection. I don't see a problem with baptizing him or her as well if my fiance or his parents feel we should.