PDA

View Full Version : Cat Toys

Antoninus
December 2nd, 2003, 08:04 AM
Ive lived around cats my whole life and Ive developed some cheap but effective toys.

(1) Get a wooden stick (Go to your local craft or hardware store) About a foot and a half long. Get a roll of electrical tape (Any tape will work but electrical tape works the best of all) and a shoelace. Make sure its a sturdy shoe-lace. Lay the stick down on a table or flat surface and take about 3 inches of the shoe lace and tape it to the end of the stick. Your end result looks something like a whip. Drag it infront of your cats and watch the fun :floating: All the fun of string without worrying about loosing a finger. I play with my cat frequenty with this toy and Ive actually seen him to a full back flip to catch the string.

(2) Get mint or catnip (Catnip works best but mint will work) and dry out the leaves, then grind it up in a mortar and pestel. Your end result should be a brown substance with the consistency of, or near, powder. Sprinkle it on food or put it in a pile on the floor. Cats treat Catnip like we treat Speed.

(3) Get a plastic easter egg and punch small holes in it with a thumbtack. Be careful not to crack the egg or put too large a hole in it. Cut some fresh catnip and stuff it into the egg. Tape it shut and give to your cat. The egg doesnt roll in a straight line so the cat treats it like prey and gets excited by the catnip.

WandererInGray
December 2nd, 2003, 08:29 AM
*laughs* Those are good ideas.

Here's another.

Take one brown paper grocery bag and two cats. Lure one cat inside the bag and step back to watch the fun. ;)