PDA

View Full Version : New kitten, Possibly a familiar.. questions

KaimelarFeylove
December 3rd, 2003, 02:03 PM
Well i just got an early Yule ( or in his mind Christmas) presant from my dad. He asked my mom to let me have one of the kittens the wild cat at his house had. So a few days later i borought home my Tamis. After three days she stays onmy heels 90% of the time and is very vocal.

I was just wondering, if i wanted this cat to be raised as my familiar, is there any thing specfic i need to do, other than raise her. I've looked ahead in some of my study books, but theres not much more than what a familiar is.

on another note, does anyone else belive cats/kittens can see spirits and such? My cat acts like she's on halucinigens half the time, looking around wildly and attacking things that aren't there. (i've always belived there was at least one spirit in our house)

Blessings
Kaimelar

Flar's Freyja
December 3rd, 2003, 02:18 PM
That wild-eyed, chasing nothing, staring into space as if they were looking into the otherworld is what got the cats demoted from gods to demons centuries ago........I think that it may sometimes be play and possibly sometimes be something more.

I'm not sure that you can actually raise a pet to be your familiar. We're bonded with any pet that we love and take care of - even the difficult ones - but when it comes to spiritual matters, I think that familiar status is beyond our control. I have six cats and feel that only one is my true familiar. I didn't have to do anything to initiate that. Buddy came into our lives as a rescue and he just naturally gravitated toward jumping up on the table when I was reading tarot and sitting right next to me during ritual or meditation. I thought that he was just sitting there with his eyes closed but once I looked over at him and there was no doubt that he was candle-gazing right along with me.

None of the other five have shown any interest at all in my spiritual practice.

This is just my own opinion, not researched other than personal experience. If you feel a spiritual connection as well as an emotional one, your kitten may very well be your familiar and this may be the reason it has come into your life.

Memnoch McKiln
December 3rd, 2003, 02:26 PM
I strongly believe that cats can definatly see spirits, I've had cats that I was sure were spirits too.

"never assume that things are what they seem, for the cat that you ran over today, may be the sound in your closet tonight"

KaimelarFeylove
December 3rd, 2003, 04:01 PM
I have two other cats, and this is the first one that has seemed to be right (of course she's the first one i've gotten sence i started studying seriously)

ATM, i'm reading Ravenwolf's To Ride A Silver Broomstick. They day i brought Tamis in, i took the book out of my bag and she walked over and looked at it. She also has a habit of sitting on my prcaticl notebook for that book. Also, I had been negelting reading that book everynight (they way i wanted) Sence i brought her home, my schedule hasn't changed, but i'm reading again.

Maybe i'm reading more into this than i should, but she seems ripe for familiar status in my limited experience. Who knows. I guess we'll see.

zakzekezedd
December 4th, 2003, 01:42 AM
Oh cats definitely are attuned to things that most of us mere humans can't see/hear/feel. As to "raising" a pet to be your familiar, I was always told that a familiar finds you, it's not really something you can "make happen". Most of my cats seem to be interested in one thing or another..some get very "interested" when I read tarot cards, some have a passion for participating in any ritual I do, and one insists on stealing my stones and crystals regularly. I'm not sure that any one of them is really a familiar, but I do believe they are attuned to energies and entities invovled with various activities, and lend their presence as suits them.