PDA

View Full Version : the dragon queen speaks . . .

banondraig
December 19th, 2003, 05:29 AM
:lol: now that i have your attention, hi all. i'm female, 27, straight and single. i'm american, i live in germany although i've been away for a while. i'm wiccan according to my dog tags, w/ leanings toward things celtic and norse (does that mean i'm swaying?). i like to play guitar, write poems & songs, dance, argue politics & philosophy, and read. i also like to go to museums and watch movies. i used to draw sometimes but i am so rusty i'm sure any attempts now would probably be frightening. my big project right now is learning german. everyone feel free to respond, i like making new friends, esp. pagan ones, and more than friends is great, too, if it happens.

Psyclown
December 21st, 2003, 05:41 PM
aw I'll be your friend (even if you did steal my "now I've got your attention" line)
:dancy:

banondraig
December 22nd, 2003, 01:54 AM
hey, everyone uses that one! at least in the states. i like that poem in your sig, where'd you get it?

Psyclown
December 25th, 2003, 06:16 PM
hey, everyone uses that one! at least in the states. i like that poem in your sig, where'd you get it?

What the Dark Flame? I wrote it. (YAY ME)

banondraig
December 26th, 2003, 05:51 PM
yay!! good poem!

Cerulean
December 26th, 2003, 06:19 PM
The military lets you put Wiccan on your dog tags now? I heard that there were a lot of Wiccans in the military but I'm still finding that hard to digest.

banondraig
December 27th, 2003, 02:51 AM
The military lets you put Wiccan on your dog tags now? I heard that there were a lot of Wiccans in the military but I'm still finding that hard to digest.

they do, actually. Wicca has been recognized by the us army as a legitimate religion, whatever that means, for some years now. there is a section in the chaplains' handbook regarding Wicca. as for the dog tags, the people in the holding tank were kind of stupid about them, i spelled "w-i-c-c-a" out for them about three times and i guess there was no little pre-selection on the computer for that so they gave me a set that said "other". as i was not really out of the broom closet to my parents yet i let this go at the time. after i got out of basic i had the local surplus store make me a set that said "Wiccan" under my religion. when i got to my unit in germany no one batted an eye over this. i went through a total of seven roommates while i was in germany. two Christian, one not very religious one whose affiliation i'm not sure of, one Taoist, one Church of Set (left-hand path egyptian), and two Wiccans. i've personally roomed with more Pagans (in military quarters)than all the Jews and Muslims i've only met in the army put together. the military is one place you can't get fired for your religion. :)

Scarlettvixen
December 27th, 2003, 04:53 AM
Guten abend fraulein
wie geht es ihnen?
and that about exhausts my school girl german!
lol

banondraig
December 27th, 2003, 05:31 AM
gut, danke! i having been surfing off of yahoo.de. sometimes i even have some idea of what all those websites are talking about!

Scarlettvixen
December 27th, 2003, 05:40 AM
well i last spoke german 16yrs ago when i was in germany for a few weeks
and most of the time they burst out laughing at my crappy german with a strong australian accent and asked me in english what the hell was i trying to say

banondraig
December 27th, 2003, 06:07 AM
eek, i hate that! it's so embarassing. sometimes i can manage some simple answers when people walk up to me and say stuff in german. otherwise i have to give them the blank look and then they switch to english. i even had a beggar do that once, it was crazy! nobody speaks two languages that well in the us, and here was a bilingual beggar! i gave him a euro for effort. :)

Scarlettvixen
December 27th, 2003, 07:20 AM
huh i met a norwegian girl when i was backpacking in egypt
she spoke norwegian, swedish, finnish, some russian, german, french, italian, some spanish, her english was a bit broken - but after travelling with 10 aussies for 3 weeks her english was perfect (even if heavily on the australian sound and full of australian slang!) and she had managed to polish her arabic

on average it took her 2 months of total submersion in a language to pick it up she said!

banondraig
December 27th, 2003, 07:38 AM
!!!!!

i'd be near fluent in german by now!!!! except i probably would have forgotten most of it. dang iraq. here i was proud of myself for learning arabic numerals (they are different from the ones english-speaking people use) from subtitles on the discovery channel out here. oh well.

Psyclown
December 27th, 2003, 08:30 AM
sigh I wish I could speak a foreign language but to be honest its taken me so long to get to grips with English by the time I (sucessfully) learn a new language Europe with have amalgamated and their will be one language for everyone...bugger!

mothwench
December 31st, 2003, 09:01 PM
banondraig! aren't you due back to germany soon? wanna meet up? :boing: heh, don't worry, i'm a straight female, too. ;)

banondraig
January 1st, 2004, 01:57 AM
sounds cool! i'll let ya know when i get there.

mothwench
January 1st, 2004, 02:31 PM
oy, a quick dumb question: why have you got a little plus just behind your name, not in your posts above your avatar but on the main page where it says who's online. also i see it at the bottom of the page when we're viewing the same thread. looks like this: banondraig+
hehe just wonderin. :huh: :D

banondraig
January 1st, 2004, 02:56 PM
that shows up for people who are on your buddy list.

mothwench
January 1st, 2004, 03:33 PM
oh, i see. :T
hey, cool. that's the answer to one of my WDQs:
http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=34926&page=5&pp=10

Xander67
January 1st, 2004, 04:50 PM
LOL those are actually good questions

mothwench
January 1st, 2004, 05:56 PM
why thank you xander67+ :T

Kilderan
January 10th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Hello Dragon Queen,

I posted a singles request under "Caution: Humoruos ego at large" Read it and let me know what your thoughts are.

Are you career military or just serving your time as most do. I was in the Navy and the Army so military life isnt anything new to me. I am accessing this board from a public computer at the library and unfortunalty I am about out of time so I will see what you respond with and we can go from there :).

Mab
February 18th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Hi! I'm 29 & you kinda sound a bit like me. Goddess knows I need more female friends, so.....

*waves* Hi!

banondraig
February 18th, 2004, 04:03 PM
hi back! could use some more female friends myself, most women p!ss me off. don't mind me, i'm struggling with this weird german keyboard. :)

Mab
February 18th, 2004, 04:18 PM
hi back! could use some more female friends myself, most women p!ss me off. don't mind me, i'm struggling with this weird german keyboard. :)

LOL--yeah, women are NUTS, I tell ya! But every once in a while, ya find a good one in there amongst the psychos (j/k)! Honestly, though, I find most women become very competitive around me, and I don't really know why.

I'm totally into all things Celtic, myself.

Glad to meet you!

banondraig
February 18th, 2004, 04:24 PM
i had that happen a lot in high school. it was completely stupid, because i didn't *want* those girls' icky boyfriends! it's mostly gone away since i gained 20 in college, though!

Mab
February 18th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Unfortunatley, we seem to have grown up, but a lot of women out there didn't! I have "friends" in their 40s that are still acting like that! LOL

banondraig
February 24th, 2004, 01:58 PM
ack! what is it that makes growing up so hard for some people!

mothwench
March 5th, 2004, 04:01 AM
*bump*

und? was macht dein deutsch? :T

asher
March 5th, 2004, 10:34 AM
i 'll be your friend and attetion stealing is fun

banondraig
March 5th, 2004, 12:41 PM
*bump*

und? was macht dein deutsch? :T

nicht so gut als in Deutschland. es gibt kein Deutschlaender und keine Deutschlanderinnen zu hoeren. ich kaufte ein Rammstein-CD um zu hoeren die deutsche Sprache hier!

was that remotely correct?

banondraig
March 5th, 2004, 12:49 PM
i 'll be your friend and attetion stealing is fun

maybe if you mean to do it! :lol: i haven't really managed to steal attention from anyone on the rare occasions when i've tried to. *sigh*

mothwench
March 5th, 2004, 05:11 PM
nicht so gut als in Deutschland. es gibt kein Deutschlaender und keine Deutschlanderinnen zu hoeren. ich kaufte ein Rammstein-CD um zu hoeren die deutsche Sprache hier!

was that remotely correct?
:thewave:
war doch gut! exept that germans is just Deutsche, not Deutschländer & Deutschländerinnen. eh, it's hard, i know. but otherwise it's fine, my bf says it looks better than some of his collegues' german :T
Rammstein ist ja ganz schön krass. :smoke:

banondraig
March 5th, 2004, 06:11 PM
:thewave:
war doch gut! exept that germans is just Deutsche, not Deutschländer & Deutschländerinnen.
oh. does that apply to all nationalities, or just germans?

eh, it's hard, i know. but otherwise it's fine, my bf says it looks better than some of his collegues' german :T

thank you. now i need to work on pronunciation.

Rammstein ist ja ganz schön krass. :smoke:

hmm, i got the gist of that. you also like Rammstein. i didn;t get every word though.

"ganz"= shiny, good, or am i mixing something else w/it?

krass???

mothwench
March 5th, 2004, 06:36 PM
oh. does that apply to all nationalities, or just germans?

no. it's different with every other word unfortunately. no rules here.

"ganz"= shiny, good, or am i mixing something else w/it?

:lol: ganz means whole, but ganz schön means very... did i say this was easy? ;)

krass??? uh... severe, extreme, but in this case... cool. :)

banondraig
March 5th, 2004, 07:01 PM
no. it's different with every other word unfortunately. no rules here.

:lol: ganz means whole, but ganz schön means very... did i say this was easy? ;)

uh... severe, extreme, but in this case... cool. :)

so rammstein is whole pretty extreme, otherwise known as very cool. ok. *files away for future reference.*

banondraig
March 5th, 2004, 08:00 PM
wait, another thought . . .

if you want to say something is very pretty, that wouldn't be "ganz schoen schoen", just "sehr schoen", right?

mothwench
March 6th, 2004, 06:58 AM
:lol: yup. just like you wouldn't say: that's pretty pretty in english. :graduate:
hey, you're still coming to the meetup on the 13, yeah? how are we going to recognize you? :foh:

banondraig
March 6th, 2004, 10:59 AM
i'll post some pix of myself.

IvyCeltress
March 6th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Does that mean you won;t be spening time in DC <pouts> I was hoping to meeti you at a DC PNO or something.

One thing I gotta ask though. I read an article in the Post about a year or so ago where a reporter interviewed some women in their barrracks about life in the military. One of the thing she mentioned was that all the women she interviewed had pedicures and nicely colored toe nails as way private way to express their feminity. Since I work in Crystal City and see do see a lot of women in uniforms I always wonder what color polish they use. So what color is yours? < curious smile>

banondraig
March 8th, 2004, 02:54 PM
ah, i just came back from dc. i barely had time for my family! i was going to go to the pno, but it was in maryland this time, abut half an hour after my plane landed at national. so that was out. i was bummed about that myself. i wanted to meet all my dc peeps here!

i don't usually mess with pedicures. one of things i like about the army is not being expected to wear makeup to work every day. i just dress up on the weekends sometimes and that's enough for me. i'm kind of a tomboy. :)

mothwench
March 9th, 2004, 05:20 AM
herzlich willkommen in deutschland!
feeling jet-lagged?

banondraig
March 9th, 2004, 02:31 PM
danke schön!

sure am! i slept most of the day.