PDA

View Full Version : Mad Mad House - ICK!

AnnieBW
January 8th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Gag me.... maybe if we ignore this, it will die the quick death that it deserves.

Press Release Source: SCI FI Channel

A Vampire, a Naturist, a Voodoo Priestess, a Wiccan, and a Modern Primitive Set Up House on SCI FI
Wednesday January 7, 3:42 pm ET
Production Wraps on SCI FI's Twisted New Reality Series 'Mad Mad House'

NEW YORK, Jan. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Welcome to the Voodoo days and vampire nights of SCI FI's newest reality series, Mad Mad House. This 10-episode weekly series chronicles the unhinging of 10 everyday people who move into a house run by a Vampire, a Wiccan, a Naturist, a Voodoo Priestess, and a Modern Primitive to compete for a $100,000 prize. Part reality, part variety, and part game, the one-hour series will debut as part of the Channel's new SCI FI Thursday block of originals on Thursday, March 4 at 9pm ET/PT.

In this Survivor-meets-the Real World-meets-The Osbournes series, five genuine practitioners of "alternative lifestyles," referred to collectively as the ALTS, rule the roost. Their ten more "conventional" GUESTS strap in for the ride of their lives as they undergo a number of tolerance-testing activities.

The Guests are judged by the Alts to determine their openness to and tolerance of alternative lifestyles. From their participation in House activities, to their willingness to get to know the Alts, the Guests are subject to constant evaluation. The Alts determine which of their Guests will be banished in the weekly elimination ceremony ... and which one will ultimately walk away with the six-figure prize.

Created by Arthur Smith and Kent Weed, Mad Mad House is produced by their A. Smith & Co. Productions. Smith and Weed executive produced Fox's hit summer series Paradise Hotel and the recently announced Forever Eden.

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic website (www.scifi.com) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 83 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a program service of Universal Television Networks, part of the Universal Television Group (www.universalstudios.com), a division of Vivendi Universal Entertainment (VUE), the U.S.-based film, television and recreation entity of Vivendi Universal, a global media and communications company.

Aine of the Fae
January 8th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Actually I can't wait. I think it will be hilarious.

mol
January 9th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Is Fiona Horne in on this?

WillowSageheart
January 9th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Wish I had SciFi. I think it's gonna be a hoot. I'd LOVE to be one of the 10 competing... course then I'd have to act "normal" and I don't think I have ever known how to do that! LOL

Aine of the Fae
January 9th, 2004, 10:59 AM
I'd be one of the ALTS.... Me and my velvet clothing, black cloak, meditation and tarot readings :D

Ahautenites
January 9th, 2004, 11:30 AM
**chuckles** I've only seen one advertisement for this show on the Sci-Fi Channel. It's only 10 episodes long.... a mid-season replacement kind of show. If it doesn't draw enough people, who knows? They could even kill it after three or four shows. **shakes head with an amused grin** I still can't believe the crap that is put on TV that they really think people are interested in watching. **shrugs** But like someone else said, I think it'd be a hoot to watch at least one episode.

AnnieBW
January 9th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Is Fiona Horne in on this?

She's the Wiccan. Why? I'm not familiar with her. Is she a fluffy-bunny type?

Sylvan
January 9th, 2004, 08:57 PM
I have read her book, "Witch". While there is definitely a new "spin" to the Wicca in the book, and the ideas do seem a bit updated, Fiona seems to be a bit full of herself and has some pretty fruity pictures of herself in there.

I'm just glad they didn't get Kevin Carlyon. :rolleyes:

Midnight Siren
January 11th, 2004, 02:41 AM
Found this link for any who are curious......it has a "video teaser" link.
http://www.scifi.com/madmadhouse/

Ben Gruagach
January 14th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Fiona Horne is most definitely the Wiccan in this show. Check out this article where she talks about the experience:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-sfc.html?2004-01/13/12.00.sfc

Ben Trismegistus
January 14th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Fiona Horne? No kidding.

That might actually make it worth watching.

WandererInGray
January 18th, 2004, 12:35 AM
*grins* I'm having my Mom tape these for me, I really want to see them. ;)

Purrcatnip
January 18th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Now I am going to have to record it, but if its stupid.. Its going to make me soo angry. Lmao.

Jeremy Westenn
February 11th, 2004, 08:03 PM
* Blink In! *

My opinion is that no one an judge it until it airs!

As for Fiona Horne being a fake or whatever, she isn't. She's very real, I've got two of her books, she's one of my favorite authors, and quite frankly, she's awsome and down to earth.

Blessed Be....
)O(

* Blink Out! *

- Jeremy Westenn

BellaWild
February 14th, 2004, 01:33 AM
My opinion is that no one an judge it until it airs!

- Jeremy Westenn

I have to agree with Jeremy. It seems ridiculous though. :rolleyes:

mol
February 16th, 2004, 11:27 AM
I was thinking the same. Maybe some of those protests people were making about using that street magician guy as the 'witchy' person made an impact.

Habiduh
February 23rd, 2004, 01:56 PM
I really think the show's going to be great. It's going to be hilarious, and I can't wait to see if it's as funny as I think it's going to be.

And besides, that vampire guy Don is cute. Heeeeere vampire vampire... :dinnertim

::chases the vampire:: Come back! Wait, why are you running?! Come baaack!

MoonIsis
February 25th, 2004, 01:00 PM
I think the show looks stupid. Just another dumb reality show if you ask me.

Bainidhe Dub
March 3rd, 2004, 08:31 PM
I was just checking out the website for this - and the weird thing is that I'll probably watch that tomorrow nite - just to see LOL.