PDA

View Full Version : got an opinion?

branwen74
January 11th, 2004, 02:18 AM
what do you think of this site?
http://spellsandmagic.com

for some reason my comp wont open the hyperlink so you'll have to type it in manually for now.

Kadynas
January 11th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Well the link about the Pentagram alone was silly... The whole "right-side-up is good, upside-down is evil" is a load of crap... One, Witches weren't the first to discover the pentacle, and two, while upside-down does represent "matter over spirit" that doesn't mean it's evil and some traditions use that pentacle as a symbol of being a 2nd degree witch. I think the guy who did this should've taken his own advice about "Dabbling" (as mentioned on the front page)... He's got some basic stuff right but then misses on the explanations...

aftershocked
January 11th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Other than (or I should say along with) the fact that the entrance page nearly gave me an epileptic seizure.. I think that this guy was going for scare factor rather than facts ('Blood Sacrifice' page, very bottom). Like anything on the internet, I'd take it for a grain of salt. But I don't know enough about most of the topics to give a more thorough review.

branwen74
January 14th, 2004, 09:13 PM
thank you I totally agree with you dude's totally a "dabbler"

Marchosias
January 14th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Well the link about the Pentagram alone was silly... The whole "right-side-up is good, upside-down is evil" is a load of crap... One, Witches weren't the first to discover the pentacle, and two, while upside-down does represent "matter over spirit" that doesn't mean it's evil and some traditions use that pentacle as a symbol of being a 2nd degree witch. I think the guy who did this should've taken his own advice about "Dabbling" (as mentioned on the front page)... He's got some basic stuff right but then misses on the explanations...

You beat me to it.

The site looks like a crock.

Aine of the Fae
January 14th, 2004, 10:28 PM
The Puzuzu things made me laugh.