PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Boards

luana
July 12th, 2001, 12:53 AM
Another question from little ol' me :)
I was in a chat room the other day (pagan/wiccan chatroom) and they were discussing the use of spirit boards aka ouji (spelling) boards. There discussion basically led to the conclusion not to use them because you could get lower plane spirits to cause trouble (possesion,etc). And they were talking about demons to be more particualr preying on unknowningly users of the boards.
What i don't understand is that i though wiccans dont believe in evil (or the consept of evil) so how can these boards be dangerous?
Anyone care to shed light on this matter, or in demons inparticular? Do they exist?
I'm not using a spirit board or anything i am just curious on how they are contredicting (spelling) themselves.
Blessed be
Luana

Myst
July 12th, 2001, 01:45 AM
Why can't Wiccans believe in evil??

I don't think they believe in an entity that personifies all evil like Satan, but even then some might. Evil is a subjective term anyway.

If you perform some protection magick or cast a good circle or do the banishing ritual of the pentagram or something then you're probably safe anyway. I dabble with them :)

luana
July 12th, 2001, 01:55 AM
Thanks for clearing that up.
I just figured that if wiccans didn't believe in evil at all, instead of a main figure like satan.
Blessed be

Lavender
July 12th, 2001, 11:38 PM
If you're interested, there's a thread on ouji boards in the Divination Forum.

http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=909

luana
July 12th, 2001, 11:41 PM
Thanks wild child
Blessed be
~luana

Sighing_Softly
July 13th, 2001, 05:53 PM
I think its not so much that wiccans dont believe in evil par se, rather they dont "believe" in giving it power as a figurehead such as Satan (oh dear im repeating someone-soz).. if they refuse to acknolwedge the existance of bad energy and negative beings, they are clearly being ahem deludded. Just as you get ppl who are "bad", so u get spirits... some ppl come from very dark places, and if they close their heart its unlikely that will change in this lifetime. A good example is Milsoevich who has padelocked his heart away.... neway im getting off the point. Whoever it was that said a magick circle is enough- im afraid i disagree with; unless you have an unusualy powerfull mind it is unlikely that your circle will be of much power, remember that there are incredibly powerful negative beings out there (i should know, i had a walk-in for a few months). Natural sea salt is a very good cleansing agent and as a result a dark being wont be abl;e to cross it (hence the salt circle) but u have to be veyr carefull with what type salt u use as the manufacturing proces destroys the energy of it (just like with foods). But why would u want to use the oiuja board, who do u want to contact? Remember that you most certianly will not connect to a high realm. And know that good, light beings will not contact you uising oiuja, only through your higher self and/or a psychic.. they wouldnt want to encourage you to use something that can be so harmfull.
Hope i dont sound too much like im babbling..

ladyrowan
July 13th, 2001, 06:43 PM
I would warn anybody against using these boards.
Myself and some cousins starting playing around with them when i was about 12. It started out as a laugh, we even received some information about our family that none of us knew before.
That was enough to raise our curiosity, and we carried on asking more probing questions. It very quickly became quite sinister, especially when myself and one particular cousin were taking part.
We did receive certain warnings from the board, but we ignored them and carried on.
It was stopped by my older sister after a few particularly evil sessions, and when she could see the effect it was all having on me - my nerves were shot to peices and it took almost a year to get me back to normal.
I freely admit that we had no idea what we were messing with, and to this day i don't really understand. But i do know that it can be incredibly dangerous and will never have anything to do with them again.

Mariposa De La Luna
July 13th, 2001, 11:17 PM
My mom talked badly of them and never permitted one in the house when we were kids. She scared us off of them. But even though I am Pagan now it didn't change my mind about them. Sometimes Mom knows best. :D

poz
July 14th, 2001, 12:00 AM
Hi! As for the evil thing, I believe there is evil around and evil entities, just not the one with the pitchfork. And as for ouija boards. If you protect yourself and have a respectful intent you should be ok.

luana
July 14th, 2001, 12:33 AM
I wasn't thinking about using one although i do have one......
But its more contact your spirit guide thing although i only used it once. I just thought it would be interesting to see what everyone else thought of em'
Luana :)

ladyrowan
July 17th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by poz
And as for ouija boards. If you protect yourself and have a respectful intent you should be ok.

Sorry to disagree with you, but that is soooo not true! We were all young and innocent, not an evil thought in our heads, and we protected ourselves as best we knew.

Myst
July 17th, 2001, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by ladyrowan

Sorry to disagree with you, but that is soooo not true! We were all young and innocent, not an evil thought in our heads, and we protected ourselves as best we knew.

Maybe the best you knew wasn't strong enough?

ladyrowan
July 17th, 2001, 05:45 PM
All we knew was the Lords Prayer, and to ask for protection. Would 'whoever' ignore that from a bunch of innocent kids who were not religious scholars?

Myst
July 17th, 2001, 09:13 PM
Maybe, maybe not. There are spirits out there with nasty intentions and/or who are mischievious... Who knows?

poz
July 18th, 2001, 02:06 PM
I'm wondering, if they don't want to be disturbed, wouldn't they just not respond? Do just the ones
who want to respond do? Or are they sometimes stuck there just because they are nearby? Class....
anyone...anyone?

ladyrowan
July 18th, 2001, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by WillowRaven
Maybe, maybe not. There are spirits out there with nasty intentions and/or who are mischievious... Who knows?

Exactly my point, and it's best not to mess with them, however sincere you are.

BB

Silver Venus
July 18th, 2001, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by luana
I wasn't thinking about using one although i do have one......
But its more contact your spirit guide thing although i only used it once. I just thought it would be interesting to see what everyone else thought of em'
Luana :)

Hiya Luana, nice to meet ya :)
Thats really interesting because I always thought they were just used for contacting random spirits and didnt think about my spirit guide. Ill keep an open mind on this discussion...
But Ive had some..not bad.. but kind of off putting experiences from Ouija when I was 18 with friends, I was curious about contacting spirirts and we contacted quite allot, casting a circle and asking for protection first, over a period of a few weeks. We made cotact with a wide range of spirits, Id say 5-7 from different times and countries some were very unhappy and some were fine. The last night we did it, we contacted a man who had died ten years ago in the flat next door to ours, he told us so many clear things and we talked of his life living and as a spirit, he strongly warned us agaisnt using the board as the dead did not want to be disturbed and didnt like this...his wife was very upset apparently and this really upset and got to me. I havent used one since not in fear of the board just in fear of upsetting and disturbing the spirits..
What are all your thoughts on that?

AzureSky
January 8th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Dear Luana:

Wiccans don't believe in evil, per se. We believe in nature and that which is natural and of nature. Nature is both good and bad combined, so therefore, nothing is entirely evil or entirely good. It is neither black nor white. Essentially, it's the grey area we believe in and walk in. Evil is just the word they were using, probably, for the bad surrounding the boards they were using or their experiences. I don't know for sure because I wasn't there, but I hope this helps.

Blessings,

AzureSky